Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

I personally hope you guys add something like leaning out windows FFV for civilian vehicles

That would be cool, yes, but it is probably the same issue:

Adjusting positions in FFV is currently not very well doable but it's something i am personally interested to have (in more fluid manner) in future (far rather than near though).

, implementing is straight-forward! :)

Famous last words

I keep reading this thread hoping to see some mention of a proper armor model/damage system for vehicles in A3, but keep leaving this thread disappointed :(

Is this something on any BIS Developers list to improve or should I hope it gets implemented in Arma 4 or 5?

Have any BI Developers looked at the work Olds and Bakerman have been doing with (RAM)? Can this be easily worked into the existing system?

Can't help but wonder when Olds says;

I've mentioned it before, but Arma 3 really does have a nearly complete ballistics system with regard to armor battles... Of course this could all be handled better with a minor code re-write, but BI have showed no inclination to do that yet. So RAM picks up the slack in as efficient a way as we could come up with. If BI ever decides to go for it, 200-300 lines of code would easily make Arma on par with the best armor simulators on the civilian market. (I'm speaking here only of armor ballistics and damage, not other weak spots from a sim-perspective like AI, etc.).

Is this on any BIS Developers list for Arma3 improvements or I am beating a dead horse?

thread is here for anyone interested?

http://forums.bistudio.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2818294

Thanks again for all the hard work and truly making Arma3 one the best games out there!

Hi, great work so far.

I wonder with the positions in most vehicles... The "field of moving/looking around" is very limited. Sitting at the back of a truck, i am not allowed to turn anywhere besides looking out of the back. Is this intended or a limitation?

Also, once i press the left mouse button and go into "attack mode", means weapons in hand, i can not get out of it anymore. I suggest pressing the left CRTL 2 times like when beeing on foot, lowers your weapon again when in such an FFV position.

Other than that i love ArmA3 already so far. Much more polished in its current state than ArmA2 ever was. I hope you guys get the animation overhaul done for the new Marksman DLC. Maybe this will become handy for the FFV positions too. :-)

...Also, once i press the left mouse button and go into "attack mode", means weapons in hand, i can not get out of it anymore. I suggest pressing the left CRTL 2 times like when beeing on foot, lowers your weapon again when in such an FFV position...

That is how it currently is, at least for me. I am able to raise/lower my weapon at will using 2xCTRL when in FFV.

I keep reading this thread hoping to see some mention of a proper armor model/damage system for vehicles in A3, but keep leaving this thread disappointed :(

Is this something on any BIS Developers list to improve or should I hope it gets implemented in Arma 4 or 5?

Facetiously speaking I'd say " hope for Arma 4 or 5 on any feature that BI doesn't explicitly announce ". ;) More realistically, it's not something that the team is publicly committed to, unlike weapon resting/deployment.

Facetiously speaking I'd say " hope for Arma 4 or 5 on any feature that BI doesn't explicitly announce ". ;) More realistically, it's not something that the team is publicly committed to, unlike weapon resting/deployment.

I wouldn't encourage Arma 4 or 5 unless they find a way to get in game animations on par with other games. Smooth, non glitchy, and realtime. This means that it doesn't force you into another screen during the process, an suddenly snaps into combat position. One of the minor issues plauging the current, generation 2++ Arma. :p

No SITREP today...

Finger crossed for tomorrow!

FFV now possible for turned-out commander position and xH-9 copilots on Development Branch.

http://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00093 !

I like the direction of focus on new year scanning horizon

Work on prototype for 3d editor has started,

learned from previous 2 helicopter case (we want more!) we will get 7 new rifles,

in upcoming week resting and bipods will be unveiled on devbranch, firing from vehicles is getting refined (Inertia),

Krzysztof is working on turn out for vehicle commanders (cargo positions).

Audio changes are big step forward in sample fidelity

and we might get in near future ("tweaks of sound propagation distances (audibility), distance attenuation filters, and sound occlusion filters")

There are some changes in store for recoil and I'm excited considering

(look onwards from 2 minute mark)

Last for best, groundwork for FSM "dcbulletClose" Detection of bullets flying close to unit has been added and while it is long term plan I'm

thrilled to see this in WIP state.

Last but not least terrain is in making, and if there is one thing that really blow my mind the first time

I have seen, Altis, I know that environment/design department is quite ambitious.

Seem like Jay Crow is taking splendid direction more so then ever community wanted to be!

Edited by enex

We're getting a truckload of new features.

If this is what they announced in just a month think of what we'll get through the whole year, and 2016, and the expansion.

Dunno why it looks like Sig 556 DMR to me from that angle - that handguard looks like Sigs

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:25 ----------

it uses Troy Sights same as MX and ar15 stock adapter with unknown stock

Edited by RobertHammer

croppedinnit_zpskki0xyuf.jpg

brightness/contrastinnit2_zpsuworj8wm.jpg

levelsinnit3_zps1fe82is9.png

Edited by enex

Interesting I don't see bipods.Are they detachable...hmm.

I'll laugh if its just a community addon one of the devs was playing around with and thought they'd include it in the screen to drum up this level of supposition and intrigue :D

hehe jackal the name of the picture is innit (you can see that if you save as picture :D

That might be reference on one of their word's play like "init, INNIT" in oprep.They

got sense of humor that's for sure :bounce3:

Edited by enex

Looks like an FAL of sorts to me.

Time to retake Rhodesia. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Interesting I don't see bipods.Are they detachable...hmm.
Since BI stated that bipods won't be the only new attachments, it hopefully means that we're getting an underbarrel attachment slot.
Looks like an FAL of sorts to me.

Time to retake Rhodesia. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

From who? :raisebrow:

http://dev.arma3.com/post/oprep-muzzle-velocity

With this change, we've addressed one of the troubling questions that has been in Arma for ages. We hope you are going to like the solution, both as players and as modders. At last, the length of muzzle may provide some meaningful difference and sensible choice for your missions.

I'm impressed... seriously.... I thought this was never going to get fixed. Here was my old proposal back in the days: http://dev.withsix.com/issues/2411

Thanks alot! :-)

BTW: Is this still an issue?