Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Well, companies promise the Moon to get as many pre sells as possible, even if the product is shit, once they have people's money...

BI waits until they have everything done and rounded, and let people try. Probably because they at this moment prefer to have better reviews than money, specially after the weird release of A3.

I know and I appreciate that but I don't know how telling us what new helicopters will be in the game ahead of the release would be "promising the moon" since by now they should know what kind of assets will be in the DLC and have the models finished, right? The DLC is already being sold for a couple of months, so at least some bits of information (also regarding the exact release date, again...if it's in September, they should know when?) would be much appreciated...

they should know what kind of assets will be in the DLC and have the models finished, right? The DLC is already being sold for a couple of months, so at least some bits of information (also regarding the exact release date, again...if it's in September, they should know when?)

I think the MP issues got them entretained and delayed them, so I think nothing is definitive yet.

From SITREP #00075

The two new helicopters and their variants are Beta in our internal milestones

Two new helicopters?

I paid (19.99 - 1.49) / 2 = €9,25 for 2 new helicopters?

Hope there's some gear in there too..

Edited by ltsThomas

I second that. Gear would be nice, but i doubt it. There may, however, be scenarios, and maybe even a mini campaign to start to introduce flight.

From SITREP #00075

Two new helicopters?

I paid (19.99 - 1.49) / 2 = €9,25 for 2 new helicopters?

Hope there's some gear in there too..

That was announced a lot of months ago, that they will include two helos, cargo for the main sides.

( although I think that some of the already ingame helos may receive some retext or so, to have more variants )

That was announced a lot of months ago, that they will include two helos, cargo for the main sides.

( although I think that some of the already ingame helos may receive some retext or so, to have more variants )

Oh I must have missed that then. In that case, don't mind the complaint. :p

Where did you read this?

I think the confusion may have come from BIS confirming that it will contain two Heavy Transport Choppers, without confirming or denying if there may be other choppers of different categories in the works. I for one am a tad disappointed they didn't do any light/medium civvie chopper to complement but I think the general chopper improvements make up for that. Also more variants and/or re-textures of existing choppers are more than welcome (hint hint *coughsplutterchough* :) )

Here is oficial information about it from long term plans overview

Arma 3 Helicopters

Together with the addition of distinctive new transport helicopters and a selective implementation of Take On Helicopter’s RotorLib Flight Dynamics Model (FDM), the basic goal of this DLC is to add appropriate depth and breadth to helicopter gameplay. Worthwhile mentioning, too, is that it's designed to be optional, open to game and server configuration. It's also important to note that all existing 'vanilla' helos will be upgraded to the new standard; again, this is free for everyone and the TKOH flight dynamics are completely optional. Helicopters aside, though, another key objective is to offer benefits for more players than pilots alone.

To achieve this goal, we've sought to create new mechanics that enhance the combined arms experience and improve the A3 platform more broadly. Although at an early stage of development, we're looking specifically at the logistical role of helicopters on the battlefield (via Sling Loading) and thinking about gameplay for soldiers in transit (via Firing from Vehicles). Both features are engine-based and MP-compatible, with Sling Loading available to all existing and new helicopters. Furthermore, although we're focusing upon helos as a starting point, Firing from Vehicles stands to benefit other sandbox assets; any specifically configured cargo positions offer potential gameplay for units (both players and AI) in transit. Due to release in the second half of 2014, we'll present the full key features at a later date.

Source: http://www.bistudio.com/english/company/developers-blog/460-arma-3-roadmap-201415

They weren't specific with number ; )

Noticed in the latest sitrep where it said "crew animations plugged in" and I got really excited for a moment, thinking it might be referring to gunner and crew chief animations, but they're probably just talking about the pilots moving the collective and cyclic etc. The mention of variants in the sitrep is intriguing, the wording would suggest they mean variants of the new helo's, but I still cant help but wonder if we're getting new variants of current ingame helo's as well. Because I just don't see making a civilian version of the new "Huron" :p

Noticed in the latest sitrep where it said "crew animations plugged in" and I got really excited for a moment, thinking it might be referring to gunner and crew chief animations, but they're probably just talking about the pilots moving the collective and cyclic etc. The mention of variants in the sitrep is intriguing, the wording would suggest they mean variants of the new helo's, but I still cant help but wonder if we're getting new variants of current ingame helo's as well. Because I just don't see making a civilian version of the new "Huron" :p

maybe the two civ merlin with the luxury interiors that already in game

maybe the two civ merlin with the luxury interiors that already in game

VIP interior is a myth, that Interior is from TOH, and remember the nice Doors on the MH-9's? Those were also removed from game, because they carried over from TOH and apparently, that wasn't intended. Although, i wouldn't rule at Variants like they did in Arma 2 with the MI-8/17's. The Beloved Rocket Mi-17 with 186 Rockets... Would love to see a Mohawk with that much love. But hey, one can only imagine.

EDIT: If they don't give the Civilians some love now, i believe that's what they mentioned they would be focusing on in the Expansion. So maybe we can hope to see some awesome things come the Expansion. I'd love to see the things they promised, such as Law enforcement, with their own weapons, and vehicles, Rescue/Paramedic Helicopters and the likes. 2035, and they have some very sexy vehicles for use in the regular forces (IRL anyway)

The supporting playable content (some of which is premium content, and other bits will be added to everyone for free), sits somewhere between Alpha and Beta.

So there aren´t only two choppers but also some other stuff. I wonder what that might be.. Time trials for helicopters?

So there aren´t only two choppers but also some other stuff. I wonder what that might be.. Time trials for helicopters?

I hope it is more than some mission. Some other content would be nice (gear, weapon).

Does this look like EA/DICE? It's not like there giving us 4 guns every DLC. Lol, just features that should have been in the game already, but are gradually being added, most probably due to lost time.

i think we will get a new terrain like an archipelago, to try the new heli features

Does this look like EA/DICE? It's not like there giving us 4 guns every DLC. Lol, just features that should have been in the game already, but are gradually being added, most probably due to lost time.

In fairness, it would be nice to see shotguns for example, in game by default. There's 3 that I know off that ended up cut. AA-12, Keltec and M1014.

But who knows, maybe at a later date. I doubt weapons will be in the Heli DLC. But hey I've been wrong plenty of times before.

Those may probably end up in an update, or in the Marksman DLC. If it ended up in the Marksman DLC however, i would be extremely confused.

---------- Post added at 18:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------

i think we will get a new terrain like an archipelago, to try the new heli features

Correction, Alpine Biome would be perfect. For anything. And they have rivers and lakes.

I also think they will include a map, if I remember properly a dev mentioned something about working in an A3 map project with A2 assets.

Some "sandbox content" confirmed:

Metal cargo containers meant for sling loading, with variants like Repair, Refuel, Rearm, Medical, etc.

Well, the upcoming mysterious expansion could always have shotguns.

Gutsnav, source? Also, the idea of variants of cargo containers being sling loaded reminds me of the Tarhe's different pods on the back. If we see something like that, well, it'll sure be interesting to say the least.

Well, the upcoming mysterious expansion could always have shotguns.

Gutsnav, source? Also, the idea of variants of cargo containers being sling loaded reminds me of the Tarhe's different pods on the back. If we see something like that, well, it'll sure be interesting to say the least.

I too did see mention of the lifting support containers in the sling load sitrep.

I also think they will include a map, if I remember properly a dev mentioned something about working in an A3 map project with A2 assets.

and CZ-805's? Yeah, i remember that... A2 Assets... Why can't we just get new stuff? Lol