Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

:( Now I can't sneak and kill my friends while playing PvP. They will hear the door opening and they will wait for me :(

Just kidding :D

Not to be picky, but the closing sound plays before the door properly closes. But well, after 15 years, it's a huge achievement!

May it come in DayZ ?

I like the new sounds, but doors (on normal houses) are still the ugliest thing in Arma 3 texturewise. They look like they were taken directly directly from OFP. Please BI, also spend them doors a good texture and a proper doorhandle now ;)

Example of sling loading :

After, wrong for fast rope... they have it on Take on, on VBS, always the same wall with different products... even if know since ten years fan could create fast rope, maybe there is contract about it ...

Also, i'm not confident again with the firing from vehicules, i think it's only for the chopper... if BIS don't have the time to work on the rope they have since the beginning, i can't imagine how they work on the anims of firing ...

Sorry ^^

Example of sling loading :

After, wrong for fast rope... they have it on Take on, on VBS, always the same wall with different products... even if know since ten years fan could create fast rope, maybe there is contract about it ...

Also, i'm not confident again with the firing from vehicules, i think it's only for the chopper... if BIS don't have the time to work on the rope they have since the beginning, i can't imagine how they work on the anims of firing ...

Sorry ^^

Same, im keeping my expectations very low. Since making it possible to shot from venichles is rather a difficult challenge(you either need to add smashing/opening windows or making an awkward open door animation while car is rolling. So we'll probably get basic shooting from heli and we'll have to deal with it..

And we can only dream about fast roping with proper animations..

Same, im keeping my expectations very low. Since making it possible to shot from venichles is rather a difficult challenge(you either need to add smashing/opening windows or making an awkward open door animation while car is rolling. So we'll probably get basic shooting from heli and we'll have to deal with it..

And we can only dream about fast roping with proper animations..

I think the problem is other, the work are already done but on the VBS who are a product of BIS but i think there is many contracts with it and army of the world or companies and that's why we can't expext our dream...

Maybe a day, but in the same time, Battlefield grow up with more anims and a fluid game.

PS : i think but don't know the details :)

Furthermore, although we're focusing upon helos as a starting point, Firing from Vehicles stands to benefit other sandbox assets; any specifically configured cargo positions offer potential gameplay for units (both players and AI) in transit.

(From the roadmap)

I doubt we'll see it instantly but I reckon we will at some point.

I think the problem is other, the work are already done but on the VBS who are a product of BIS but i think there is many contracts with it and army of the world or companies and that's why we can't expext our dream...

VBS is not a product of the same company.

From i can tell you can expect

but in arma 3 it will use Physx's ropex

as for firing from vehicles - probably at start it will be only on helicopters but it can be done on other vehicles too

btw BIS could copy the

too - it was good enough Edited by RobertHammer

you play on the words...

http://bisimulations.com/

After, the engine is a little different between Arma and the VBS but the other is the same.

That's all. Is the VBS don't exist, i think, they never know Operation Flashpoint, Arma 1 2 3 and more...

Depending on what do you understand as the same company ( legally, ownership, leadership, etc. ), the proper term would be "brother-company".

as for firing from vehicles - probably at start it will be only on helicopters but it can be done on other vehicles too

btw BIS could copy the TKOH fast roping too - it was good enough

They could but i think they're holding it for now, just so they can release it later to get some noise. For example every campaign episode got some sort of noise on media. I guess that's their strategy to do such things

you play on the words...

http://bisimulations.com/

After, the engine is a little different between Arma and the VBS but the other is the same.

That's all. Is the VBS don't exist, i think, they never know Operation Flashpoint, Arma 1 2 3 and more...

Depending on what do you understand as the same company ( legally, ownership, leadership, etc. ), the proper term would be "brother-company".

The majority stake in BISim is owned by the Riverside Company, an US private equity firm. As such, Riverside control it an it is operated at a completely separate company with a different CEO and everything. To my knowledge, Riverside have no such control over Bohemia Interactive a.s. and any stake that BIS still has in BISim is as a minority investor.

The majority stake in BISim is owned by the Riverside Company, an US private equity firm. As such, Riverside control it an it is operated at a completely separate company with a different CEO and everything. To my knowledge, Riverside have no such control over Bohemia Interactive a.s. and any stake that BIS still has in BISim is as a minority investor.

Why not, after the functions, script and other was globally the same on theses products (VBS, Arma and more), it's just sad for the global customer to see in 2002, a full city life in VBS and ten years after not the same result ...

After it's a expensive military product but for many things (anims, chutes, firing from vehicule, fast rope and more) the military version have it, ok ok but since 2002 many games have now officialy theses functions...

VBS and/or speculation on feature-sharing is not the subject of this thread. Please take this line of discussion elsewhere.

VBS and/or speculation on feature-sharing is not the subject of this thread. Please take this line of discussion elsewhere.

We are sorry :) - dev's of Arma comes to the GamesCom ?

We are sorry :) - dev's of Arma comes to the GamesCom ?

If I'm not mistaken they said that they won't go this year.

Well will it be firing from ALL vehicles or only the helicopters???

I think only the littlebird and the offroad have been confirmed so far, not 100% sure tho...

Haha look at the latest dev branch post. Always good to keep expectations low... :)

Ropes won't be PhysX ropes, there's an official tweet somewhere stating that. I wonder why they're rolling their own solution for it.

Edit: Found it.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

I don't get it then, Arma 3 don't use PhysX at his best, it's a real shame.

I don't get it then, Arma 3 don't use PhysX at his best, it's a real shame.

I guess it was too hard on the computers.

I guess it was too hard on the computers.

Well in Physx technology its exactly the opposite but that must be GPU based but in arma 3 its only CPU based so yeah

so then we will get exact rope "sim" from TKOH - better than nothing