Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

i'm wondering if is possible to load on the mission folder, for example, a warfare building like a main target without make a mod

Need an addon for that.

From the Arma 3 official twitter:

@Izual_ @Lathspel Upload issues continue to prevent us from releasing 1.24 today - hopefully Monday! Tools Dev-Branch was small enough.

To me are really weird and pathetic that kind delays. I don't know who is the culprit, but in 2014 in the modern world it's a really weird info ( as far as it's really due to upload issues )

Edited by MistyRonin

Yeap.... that's very very strange. I mean what the hell is going on? O.o

Usually, company subscribe to a professional internet bandwidth which is suppose to prevent any...connection issue.

To me it sounds like a excuse to delay it to Monday - well gj then :D

The funny thing is that a lot of mod/addon makers ( as yourself if I recall properly ) and mission makers ( like myself ) are in stand by until the update ( that changes a lot of mechanisms and add certain features ), to keep working forward in our works being able to test them properly in the stable version.

And the worst lock is, the way data lock works I'm certain that they won't have thrown in any last-minute extras on account of/to make up for/because of the delay. :( (This is as opposed to the game launch, where a bunch of the post-launch development reveals have come off like stuff that would have been in-at-launch had the devs been allowed to push back the release but someone said no...)

For the record, i blame CSAT...

Wait... CSAT?!? I didn't hear any helicopters!

Wait... CSAT?!? I didn't hear any helicopters!

Nope, the noise were some UFO! The aliens are invading us with their bugshaped uniforms!

To me it sounds like a excuse to delay it to Monday - well gj then :D

Well hopefully this gives bit more time to smash some small bugs :P

*Dreaming* Could be cool that it was some new version of Chernarus or similar.

Report In - Martin Valasek

Last but not least, since you started to work on the kart model in your spare time, what other sort of things have you made/are you making?

I’m currently working on a secret project with my friends. For now, the only thing I can say is that it’s a map, with improved Arma 2 and new content. On top of that, I’m also part of a large Arma community group, and I’m continuously working on a mod for our own specific purposes. For example, I’m preparing a new weapon model of the CZ BREN 805 according to the Arma 3 standards.

Probably just reusing Arma 2 scenery assets, or at the very least it's probably not the expansion's announced terrain.

Probably just reusing Arma 2 scenery assets, or at the very least it's probably not the expansion's announced terrain.

I reckon is something along the lines of improving maybe foliage models from Arma 2 to be used, frees, bushes, changing colors and pixels, making better detailed things like maybe civilian vehicles for use in Arma 3, and the CZ i can probably tell that will show up in the Marksman DLC. As for the Terrain, yeah, it definitely wont be for the Expansion. But the new content probably will, if they are not for existing upcoming DLC's.

Edit: If they add the Bren, i hope they add an ARCO black... just cus. XP

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

He said that is one of his personal projects with his friends ( so expect something like the Karts DLC ), nothing like the official DLC and less the Expansion ( as much I could expect a map to be included in another DLC for instance ).

So I guess that he is talking about revamping an already A2 map ( improving some textures here and there, maybe sharing a building with another BI game ) or creating a simple one, things like that.

And the worst lock is, the way data lock works I'm certain that they won't have thrown in any last-minute extras on account of/to make up for/because of the delay. :( (This is as opposed to the game launch, where a bunch of the post-launch development reveals have come off like stuff that would have been in-at-launch had the devs been allowed to push back the release but someone said no...)

I'm not sure why you're expecting extras even if the data lock did not exist. Nothing that can be considered an extra can be planned, developed and QA'd in 3 days. Either way, when they sort out the uploads, stable will be pushed and the dev will be back on track. Not like they lost 3 days of development.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Dont save Gran Turismo 3. Save GT4. :p

Either way, when they sort out the uploads, stable will be pushed and the dev will be back on track. Not like they lost 3 days of development.

Some of us have been a bit longer, in fact since the first data lock and so on. That's why the Addon Complete forum has been quite dry this last weeks. No one wants to release something that they have to modify almost instantly.

*Dreaming* Could be cool that it was some new version of Chernarus or similar.

Report In - Martin Valasek

maybe bystrica with some asset from acr dlc, i love this map but now has some problem with physx

We are at the doorsteps of a new feature that has been missing from our engine for over 15 years. Sounds tempting in #Arma3

What could it be? Dynamic lighting, weapon resting, ropes, unicorns, ....?

I change my vote to 'Doors now make a sound when being opened".

Keeping expectations low.

Like zimms said, don't get your hopes too high.

Rivers, ropes,hand to hand combat what else could it be?

Probably something that has already been announced as part of the Helicopters DLC.

My money is on "shooting from vehicles".

If you read pettka's horrible pun the feature is something to do with sound. :D

I'm guessing stereo support. :icon_twisted: