Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

And how is that news?

Endstar is the master of rope physics. He will bring us glorious victory in the war against stubborn vehicles not wanting to be lifted.

I'll admit it -that Dwarden "top of the iceberg" (tip) has me enthralled.

Damn your vagueness man!!

Endstar is the master of rope physics. He will bring us glorious victory in the war against stubborn vehicles not wanting to be lifted.

I mean it was clear a while ago that he'd join BI, or wasn't it?

Guys, we have hope for an F-35. Look at the STEAM store page, then at the BI Arma picture. F-35 & A-164, both there.

Sod the ropes .... now TOWING will be very exciting ! Proper articulated towing Endstar please.

OK don't sod the ropes ... we love ropes.

I'm not sure if it's is considered a blog, but BIS released a new company brochure.

DayZ – the studio’s new flagship title

This is kind of worrying.

EDIT:

Unlike Real Virtuality, which is a***PC-only engine, Enforce was designed as a***multi-platform solution.

Bohemia Interactive is currently in the process of unifying its Real Virtuality and Enforce engines and tools to one universal engine, which it plans to use for its future games.

Bohemia Interactive plans to support and develop its properties, as well as experiment with new game concepts, platforms, and different business models.

Do you know what this means?

Edited by barakokula31

Because DayZ is quoted as a "new flagship"? I don't think so, considering how many times ARMA is mentioned in the brochure, going so far as to say "standing at the very heart of Bohemia Interactive is the Arma series". Let's not forget, DayZ passed the two million mark in Early Access; I think it is only natural to stress that if you want to attract investors.

Guys, we have hope for an F-35. Look at the STEAM store page, then at the BI Arma picture. F-35 & A-164, both there.

Drop it, it's been semi confirmed in many thread including my CAS one that the X-35 is not returning to Arma 3. It's just for looks. Besides, the model of the X-35 is to blocky to put in, it just wouldn't fit in like the current F-35 models today.

I'm not sure if it's is considered a blog, but BIS released a new company brochure.
DayZ – the studio’s new flagship title

On page 25 it also says:

Bohemia Interactive’s flagship title Arma 3 will be supported in the form of multiple DLC packs

and an expansion, plus the €500,000 Make Arma Not War content creation contest – while

DayZ is expected to reach beta at the end of 2014.

So I wouldn't worry.

Regardless of what the flagship is, I think BIS is invested in Arma 3, and I would even go as far as to say that an arma 4 (way way way down the road) is not unlikely. And I am pretty sure this is largely because of DayZ sales (I mean arma 3 sold well too, but not quite the same as DayZ).

It's interesting that they're unifying Enforce and RV into a single engine. Hopefully the end product contain the best of both and become greater than the sum of its parts. :)

I would love to know where they're going with that and what games they have planned.

It's interesting that they're unifying Enforce and RV into a single engine. Hopefully the end product contain the best of both and become greater than the sum of its parts. :)

I would love to know where they're going with that and what games they have planned.

hqdefault.jpg ... DUH!

Well I hope that the Virtual Force/Enforce Virtuality/"Something related to water in different states and shapes" will be scalable enough for quality games on all platforms, that way Arma fans can sleep well at night :o

DayZ seems to be the first game

DayZ uses it's own engine. It is just as different from Arma2 as Arma3 is from Arma2. We no longer internally consider DayZ part of the RV engine. Indeed, it is a mix of two engines internally (the other used to make carrier command).

I hope that the bootcamp and new ui are incoming in very few weeks, many of my friends are :( with Arma 3. For me it's already a nice approach in comparaison of Arma 2 but not enough for theses...

We can expect the bootcamp, the new hud and more in few weeks ?

New HUD?

New HUD?

http://www.bistudio.com/english/company/developers-blog/460-arma-3-roadmap-201415

I don't know where i have read this, maybe here : http://www.armedassault.info/

[The package is close to having all of its content in prototype status. That means the content exists and is playable fully (scenario flow / logic, assets, systems, etc.). The next stage focuses on adding flair: voice acting, MOCAP animations, better-looking UI elements and more.

/QUOTE]

Not HUD but UI, ok :o i'm wrong...

I don't have problem with the actual UI but many of my friends are disapointing with Arma, they play few, they understand very few things in this game but Arma is Arma, it's not a Battlefied series where we can rush easily...

http://www.bistudio.com/english/company/developers-blog/460-arma-3-roadmap-201415

I don't know where i have read this, maybe here : http://www.armedassault.info/

The package is close to having all of its content in prototype status. That means the content exists and is playable fully (scenario flow / logic, assets, systems, etc.). The next stage focuses on adding flair: voice acting, MOCAP animations, better-looking UI elements and more.

Not HUD but UI, ok :o i'm wrong...

I don't have problem with the actual UI but many of my friends are disapointing with Arma, they play few, they understand very few things in this game but Arma is Arma, it's not a Battlefied series where we can rush easily...

Sounds like they're specifically talking about the UI/MoCap/Voice elements for the Bootcamp content, not core UI changes.

I wonder where the icons would be placed for OPFOR and BLUFOR...

So, how to buy the bundle?