Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

They could add it with the rope system for the helicopteres.

That is exactly what i meant. However, what i was reffering to with "tedious task will ensue", was the fact that towing, using rope can me hard to add in if it isn't done correctly.

hey alky - if you take a look at some of the disabled anims for the ifrit, you can see how shooting from it would be very possible. (in fact, doesn't the ifrit have gun ports?)

I remember the opening doors back in the Alpha/Beta. It took ages to get the right door to open, and the addaction list had so many open door commands it wasn't really useful. But it was really cool when the right door did open. Perhaps they've come up with a new way of opening doors, eg by opening the door that your crosshair is on and that you're actually looking at, rather than getting smacked in the back of the head by a door opening/closing behind you.

Gun ports always remind me of Dads Army in Corporal Jones' lorry. Just don't fix bayonets. Hmmm ... there's another idea.

Incidental thinking -- right now it seems that there isn't control over which specific "cargo" seat a passenger can enter, so I can see people trying to scramble to get 'gunnery-capable' seating if not all of them are configured or positioned to allow personal weapons usage...

A message to Supporter Edition owners: since the expansion is revealed to be not stand-alone, it is included in your bundle. All currently announced paid additions are included without extra charge: Arma 3 Helicopters, Arma 3 Marksmen and the expansion. Thank you again for your support since the early days of Alpha.

Although I din´t buy into supporter this is really cool. Congrats to everyone who bought the supporter edition :)

Small criticism:

Again you are quite unclear how DLC content will be done for the people who don´t buy the DLC. Will there again be a lite version so that everyone can use those things in SP and MP Missions that were created with them?

If yes then the descriptions in the Sitrep are a little bit misleading

"features are free, content is paid"

"What you will gain by purchasing the DLC are, among other things, carefully selected new and high-quality helicopters that are capable of transporting heavy loads."

"Actually owning the DLC will give you the cool new birds and other content."

Could we have a clear statement on that please?

Incoming:

Again, for the purposes of clarity and brevity, further details on our DLC strategy will be offered in the next few weeks.

Although I din´t buy into supporter this is really cool. Congrats to everyone who bought the supporter edition :)

Small criticism:

Again you are quite unclear how DLC content will be done for the people who don´t buy the DLC. Will there again be a lite version so that everyone can use those things in SP and MP Missions that were created with them?

If yes then the descriptions in the Sitrep are a little bit misleading

well, from what I understand, it's that way:

let's take Helicopters DLC:

-features will be available for both people who owns the DLC and those who don't

-the new choppers will be available ONLY to those who bought the DLC

fastrope for example will be available to everyone.

Or were you asking about a "lite" version of the DLC, like they did on ArmA 2?

fastrope for example will be available to everyone.

Wait! That isn't confirmed at all or did I miss something entirely? :eek:

When they say they don't want to split the community, it it's clear to me: Lite DLC, which IMO is the best option for everyone.

Wait! That isn't confirmed at all or did I miss something entirely? :eek:

No, it's just an example, I dunno whether there will be fastrope or not.

I guess (and hope so), but I dunno.

However, they confirmed ropes will be there, as sling ropes. So, I hope fastrope will be there too :)

No, it's just an example, I dunno whether there will be fastrope or not.

I guess (and hope so), but I dunno.

However, they confirmed ropes will be there, as sling ropes. So, I hope fastrope will be there too :)

Ah yes, I hope so too, also looking eagerly forward to the things this community can achieve with the tech.

It also means the rope technology is available for user-generated helicopters, or even completely different applications.

I can see this happening:

balci11.jpg

On a more serious note, if we can swing heavy loads, why not use the rope tech for troop extractions :)

Uneven ground will never be a problem ever again.

I can see this happening:

http://mizil.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/balci11.jpg

On a more serious note, if we can swing heavy loads, why not use the rope tech for troop extractions :)

ROFLMAO, oh great. This, this would be on the line that seperates the Sane, and the Insane within modding.

why not use the rope tech for troop extractions

yes, like this

ob_11d43f_extraction-en-grappe-seche-du-groupe-accroche-a-u.jpg

Agreed, in retrospect the Supporter Edition buy is actually better than previously advertised (since BI previously only remarked on DLC, not on an expansion itself)... right now it sounds like Supporter Edition is the closest thing to an early-purchase "Complete Edition." :D

In addition to what CaptainObvious quoted of the roadmap though, SITREP #00055 declares that "We are now writing a follow-up blog that goes into specifics on how we intend to handle DLC, namely in such as way that avoids fracturing the platform and its player-base wherever we can. You can expect it later this month." No idea why there's a specific blog needed for explaining the "DLC Lite" concept, so I would think that it's more specific/complicated than that, unless the devblog is meant more for newcomers, i.e. who may have come in for DayZ but never picked up the DLCs, much less understood how they'd affect the DayZ mod experience... though in fairness, this DLC practice isn't usually done either -- and from what I can tell even Ace Combat: Assaul Horizon's 'compatibility packs' don't work the same way...?

Why is it i can now see someone pulling off the Fulton Maneuver with the Mohawk... Lol, have the rope dropped as someone fly's over a soldier and just as the rope is passing them, a quick option to grab on for dear life, before being hauled through the air at the bottom of the string... Or, i could see it going completely south. Lol. (Dragged through a forest before smacking into a shed, or caught on some power lines). :rolleyes:

You couldn't do a Fulton recovery with a helicopter - the rotor blades would strike the balloon tether before the recovery gear and everybody would have a bad time of things.

The procedure in the photograph with the helicopter is called a SPIE rig.

You couldn't do a Fulton recovery with a helicopter - the rotor blades would strike the balloon tether before the recovery gear and everybody would have a bad time of things.

The procedure in the photograph with the helicopter is called a SPIE rig.

What i had meant was the fact the helicopter was dragging a rope from the rear door, just low enough to the ground for someone to grab onto. which is why i stated madness would ensue afterwords, as it wouldn't be realistic... either. ;)

We know already the fire animation from a seat of the chopper , i hope also there is more animation for others vehicules, i dream about an action mission where i'm in the back of a truck with a MK16 and firing on the opponents who follow the vehicule...

Maybe i dream, but in the VBS of Bohemia Interactive - it's possible ...

It is good to read what is currently going on in the studio and what exactly is beeing worked on.

Agreed. I think that make us appreciate better the work the devs are doing.

It is now possible to store multiplayer scenarios in sub-folders. Note that these are still listed in the game as a flat list, but later the folder structure is to be represented in-game as well.

Thank you, thank you, thank you BIS. It will be so much easier to play newly downloaded missions with my friends now.

Thank you, thank you, thank you BIS. It will be so much easier to play newly downloaded missions with my friends now.

Oh yes!!! This is very great news.