Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

I wonder if it will be possible to shot out of vehicles like BMPs and Marders from Mods, either by opening the top hatch or by using gun ports.

Hm. It'd be neat, come to think of it, if the AMV was updated with missiles and gunports or similar. Although I doubt any crewman would pop out of his hatch to put a few rounds off, unless the main gun isn't functioning.

I wonder if it will be possible to shot out of vehicles like BMPs and Marders from Mods, either by opening the top hatch or by using gun ports.

I suppose that can be done even now, just by multiple gunner positions. OFP FDF mod had that.

Retrospective thought about the story about Arma Futura: Isn't this like the time where OFP was done but then Maruk admitted that they wanted to do a Wild West RPG instead of a sequel, and then Arma Futura was what they wanted to do instead of a follow-up on OA?

just read that development roadmap. Smart way to do things BIS. saying im really looking forward to the announced DLCs would be an understatement. so many things that'll make the game even better. Most notably being to enjoy a similar flight model to tkoh with arma3's improved graphics, shooting out vehicless and then the whole marksman dlc. epic.

Lol

I personally will try to restrain from overthinking things until BIS actually releases the dlc on dev branch, which is a ways away. No use worrying about issues/features that don't, and may not ever exist. Lets see what they got before we get too, too, excited eh?

I think that shooting from vehicles may be fairly limited. I don't think it would be possible from inside a Hunter, Ifrit or other enclosed vehicle. However I would like it to be available from the skids of a helicopter, back of a truck/offroad and from inside the offroad with no doors as a minimum. Until there is an improvement in the grenade throwing system, I think throwing grenades from vehicles should remain disabled. It would be very difficult to run away from a bad frag in a vehicle.

Retrospective thought about the story about Arma Futura: Isn't this like the time where OFP was done but then Maruk admitted that they wanted to do a Wild West RPG instead of a sequel, and then Arma Futura was what they wanted to do instead of a follow-up on OA?

Yeah, pretty much.

Shooting from vehicles together with another PMC styled DLC =

I think that shooting from vehicles may be fairly limited. I don't think it would be possible from inside a Hunter, Ifrit or other enclosed vehicle. However I would like it to be available from the skids of a helicopter, back of a truck/offroad and from inside the offroad with no doors as a minimum. Until there is an improvement in the grenade throwing system, I think throwing grenades from vehicles should remain disabled. It would be very difficult to run away from a bad frag in a vehicle.

Actually they might have shooting inside all vehicles. Since they are working on having openable doors on all the vehicles, you could shoot out of the doors. Say you're in a hunter, and some guy pops out of nowhere to the right flank. Instead of getting out and getting shot, you can just open the door an blow his head off. Or just drive away, but you get my point :P and if they make a Van vehicle you could do a drive - by.

hey alky - if you take a look at some of the disabled anims for the ifrit, you can see how shooting from it would be very possible. (in fact, doesn't the ifrit have gun ports?)

Nice BI, a very promising and ambitious roadmap! :)

Then again all A2s DLC were for OA, so I think the DLC like BAF, PMCs, etc will come when we have the *Cough*Pacific*Cough* expansion.

Wasn't ACR DLC for ArmA II?

Wasn't ACR DLC for ArmA II?

No it was for Combined Operations

Very, very nice to see what they have planned. :)

I'm especially looking forward to hearing what features they have planned for the Marksmen DLC., mainly because of:

"A focused overhaul of shooting mechanics..."

"..a set of interrelated features are planned, which aim to further improve the authenticity of firing weapons and offer new gameplay opportunities."

Ohhhh yeah.

A couple of relevant features spring to mind (wind affecting bullet trajectory, bullet-in-chamber accounting etc.) that would be great to finally see in-engine. :)

Also would be nice to have a refined attachment system, like attachable grips, grenade launchers, and scope addons like night vision and magnifiers.

Exactly - more proxies then better for us - like magazine proxy too

I suspect Flash Hiders, possible change of barrels, and extended mags for select weapons. Would be nice to see the return of the MXM being able to use 7.62.

Exactly - more proxies then better for us - like magazine proxy too

You know the old saying: "The more (proxies), the merrrier!" ;)

I agree with you, though. More attachments is always good!

Interesting tidbit from the SITREP: although the expansion isn't described as DLC, it's nevertheless not standalone, and BI's declared that for Supporter Edition buyers "it is included in your bundle. All currently announced paid additions are included without extra charge: Arma 3 Helicopters, Arma 3 Marksmen and the expansion."

Also, although there's supposed to be a devblog (a REP?) later this month about how exactly DLC is handled, they emphasized "features are free, content is paid" again with two specific examples for the Helicopters DLC of the former: all of the current helicopters will receive the RotorLib FDM option -- although "We don't even expect it to be default on the normal difficulty setting" -- and "everybody who currently owns Arma 3 or will buy it later (regardless of the Arma 3 Helicopters DLC) will be able to sling external loads under helicopters. It also means the rope technology is available for user-generated helicopters, or even completely different applications."

Interesting tidbit from the SITREP: although the expansion isn't described as DLC, it's nevertheless not standalone, and BI's declared that for Supporter Edition buyers "it is included in your bundle. All currently announced paid additions are included without extra charge: Arma 3 Helicopters, Arma 3 Marksmen and the expansion."

Well, that's a nice surprise. Feels good. Thanks BI.

It also means the rope technology is available for user-generated helicopters, or even completely different applications."

Yikes! :yay:

I see the possibilities of vehicle towing now... But even still, very tedious tasks of implementing it will ensue.

I see the possibilities of vehicle towing now... But even still, very tedious tasks of implementing it will ensue.

They could add it with the rope system for the helicopteres.

So with sling loading and shooting from vehicles, will we also finally FINALLY get fast roping? I remember the reason I bought ArmA 1 on a wim a long time ago was because I saw a picture on the back of the box of people fast roping from the Blackhawk and though "Wow this looks cool". That was 7 years ago...