Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

That idea couldn´t have worked. It simply wouldn´t have sold. BIS is not good at science fiction. Just look at Carrier Command and what a "success" that was...

The Alien thing is pretty much covered by XCom.

The shooter Xcom game didn´t go too well.

To make an Alien game interesting you need iconic and memorable Aliens. Grey dudes with big black eyes simply don´t cut it.

Alien and Predator are both very iconic examples because they have been made famous by movies and their Predator tactics, something BIS could never achieve. They barely achieve that you don´t immediately forgett the names of the guys in their campaigns.

The Aliens from Mars Attacks are also very iconic because of their pure evilness the fancy looks and a very sick sense of humour.

Grey dudes with black eyes like we have seen in that short video? Super boring!

I´m glad that you abandoned the idea, it would have ruined you.

But I´m also very sad when I think about all the wasted Devtime. Arma 3 could have been so much more.

I seriously don´t wish to hear anybody excusing anything with "we don´t have enought time for that" anymore. Months of time have been wasted on a stupid idea because after every Arma game someone in the studio pops up and says "Hey lets make an RPG game".

Can you guys for once simply stick to what you are good at? Making Arma? Focusing on delivering a really good and complete Arma? For once?

And why do we AGAIN learn the interesting stuff from a game news website?

BI would be so fucked without the success of DayZ and the huge ammount of Arma 2 and 3 Sales it generated

But I´m also very sad when I think about all the wasted Devtime. Arma 3 could have been so much more.

Let's see what we will get in the next two year before dumping it somewhere.

I really hope the next devblog (coming this week if I'm not mistaken) will give us real information about the road of Arma 3 future.

I've played the original Operation Flashpoint back in the day, it was at that point in time I realized this is my type of game.

So please BI keep it as a MILSIM, make it better you're really good at that type of game. If you're bored, do a mod and see if it catches fire :)

Plenty of interesting things are coming along (nicely?) :)

After reading the dev blog, im very excited about the future of the game. A better flight model for the choppers, new guns and improved handling sounds nice to me. And furthermore i cant wait to get some details to the expansion but i guess this has to wait for the next months.

After reading the dev blog, im very excited about the future of the game. A better flight model for the choppers, new guns and improved handling sounds nice to me. And furthermore i cant wait to get some details to the expansion but i guess this has to wait for the next months.

I just hope that:

- They really add shooting from vehicles (YAY)

- Hey, you know what would tie in with the helicopter DLC ? Fast Roping!

- Marksmen must be able to use bipods, right ? ;)

- And wind ? Yay for wind!

Interesting roadmap. Looking forward to it.

- Game Launcher

- Downloadable mods from Steam Workshop

- Bootcamp tutorials

- Fatigue and weapon sway improvements coming

- TKOH flight model

- Shooting from a vehicle? :O

- Sling loading

- Arma 3 Marksmen. Maybe wind affect bullets?

- Expansion probably late 2015

Sounds GOOD!

Together with the addition of distinctive new transport helicopters

2035-fied Osprey anyone?

thinking about gameplay for soldiers in transit (via Firing from Vehicles)

This is too good to be true.

We're selecting armaments that offer genuine diversity; not just many of the same type of weapon with minor visual differences

Perhaps this also means unique RWS turrets for all vehicles?

we're looking specifically at the logistical role of helicopters on the battlefield (via Sling Loading)
gameplay for soldiers in transit (via Firing from Vehicles).

Awesome :D

TOH fm, cannot wait.

Maybe they could stretch to walkable vehicles perhaps? :D

Reading this I get the feeling that there will not be any Arma 4 , at least before 2017. To be fair I have to applaud BIS for supporting the game so far into the future.

Personally the only things that interest me is improvements in performance and optimizations and to finally get rid most of the bugs that followed the series for many many years.

wow!

Now go drink some (A LOT!) of beer.

Reading this I get the feeling that there will not be any Arma 4 , at least before 2017. To be fair I have to applaud BIS for supporting the game so far into the future.

Personally the only things that interest me is improvements in performance and optimizations and to finally get rid most of the bugs that followed the series for many many years.

Let's be honest though, who would really have wanted an Arma 4 this early on? Especially in these conditions.

Let's be honest though, who would really have wanted an Arma 4 this early on? Especially in these conditions.

I'm fine with Arma 3 for a while. When the ARG began, I was hoping for another Arma 2 expansion as well instead of Arma 3. I do not think that Arma 3 has reached its potential yet, especially with so many mods still in their infancy. Let's first get all we can out of Arma 3 before moving on.

(Having said that, I sincerely hope there *will* be an Arma 4)

No I didn't ask for that but I heard people having some questions about a possible Arma 4 in the near future.

Other then that I feel that I will keep Arma 3 installed (even if I don't play it) to see and to follow the development. My expectations though are very low and I don't expect many things to change regarding optimizations and bug riddance.

I'm getting shivers :D... OMG! BIS! Arma 3 Helicopters! My biggest smile this year!

TKOH FM sounds good along with other features

but i hope that in Arma 3 Marksmen - they will add bipods

No doubt since one of the key upgrades from A2-A3 is the huge step up in GFX, Game GFX probably won't get too much better in the next 10 years any major change will probably be in the form of some sort of VR or 3D. Now couple GFX that can hold up for a decade with the more open platform that A3 is over A2 in terms of use ability and upgrade ability you have a game that can run a marathon.

All in All A3 is going to provide a long and enjoyable ride, and it looks like soon we will be shooting while going on that ride.

Glad to see how things are going to be. Anyhow i'm a bit surprised with dates, late 2015, after 2 years since the official release and 3 if we count the beta period, seems to be a bit late for a big and serious expansion, even considering the work involved.

On the other hand finally some things really awaited from the community are going to be treated (Bravo! BIS) but please, don't forget to put some love on bipods, grenades, ... ;).

Sometimes I wish that I could fastforward the time but only for Arma 3 so we can see how the game developed in the future.

PS

We need to invent a time-machine :D

Edited by Nikiforos

The Development Road Map sounds great. Looking forward to the new DLC etc.

I still hope to see the two most glaring problem areas (imo) given some serious development time though; Sound and PhysX.