Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

I believe A3 Tools have seperate update and seperate Techrep.

So could still be today :)

I just updated my arma tools after being prompted, nothing new as of yet though...

Steam seems to have updated Tools with a 0kb update but I notice no change to files in the install folder.

Edit, Updated again for 19mb the install folder is full of new shininess.

Edited by PenguinInATuxedo

Not sure where to post this, but has anyone seen this helicopter anywhere? This thing is badass. Go to 1:23 and look behind Akhanteros. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=01CC_W0DRq8

---------- Post added at 04:15 ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 ----------

It has an AAF camo scheme, and appears to be Arma 3. Can anyone find it in the game files, maybe? :D

---------- Post added at 04:15 ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 ----------

It has an AAF camo scheme, and appears to be Arma 3. Can anyone find it in the game files, maybe? :D

It's from a mod for sure, in that video you can see some community addons (c130, nimitz). I don't think it's an official unit.

Apparently it's the Wildcat, according to the dev who's making the campaign.

This is a wildcat:

http://imageshack.us/a/img16/9810/arma2oa2012123014130895.jpg

This is not a wildcat:

6WdU9iU.jpg

Must be some mod chopper, I bet that video would look pretty empty if they'd use only vanilla stuff.

Edited by PurePassion

It's a PZL W-3 Sokol made by Vilas for A2. The retexture was made by Topas but afaik those are unreleased and he only used a screenshot in the video. Damn, I even posted the link on the previous page.

Must be some mod chopper, I bet that video would look pretty empty if they'd use only vanilla stuff.

Well in the campaign's thread, the creator said that his plan is to use only vanilla stuff, so it's a bit weird that he includes that in the video.

On the other hand, I think it would be better if we keep this thread for the official BI Development, not for community mission makers ( which have already its respective forum ).

Edited by MistyRonin
Orthography

Looks like Terrain Builder is pulling through ;) Wouldn't be possible without Mikero as well!

Edited by James2464

Hey what is BIS Klan?

It's a named selection used in the game models to define the position where squad.xml logos appear in multiplayer.

Well in the campaign's thread, the creator said that his plan is to use only vanilla stuff, so it's a bit weird that he includes that in the video.

On the other hand, I think it would be better if we keep this thread for the official BI Development, not for community mission makers ( which have already its respective forum ).

My bad, I actually thought this video was an official BI one, heh.

Quite an interesting read

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-24-bohemia-rules-out-consoles-for-arma-3

"Infantry is key"
Well I hope that this will mean Bipods.

I hope that this will mean a revamped Stamina system.

I hope that this means we will get a revamped body armor system.

I hope this means that we will get a proper medic system.

I know my hopes will not be fullfilled.

What "Infantry is key" really means is that all other things are so badly implemented and designed that they are simply not fun and that BIS has no intention of improving them. The vehicle AI is on the same level it had in OFP. Don´t you think it might be about damn time to improve it? Tanks not turning their rear on enemys might be a good start.

A new terrain within the next two years.
Well I hope that this will be part of a full expansion rather than of some premium BS.
"We're not talking about weapon packs and textures; we're talking about significant, game-changing mechanics,"
I wonder what this could be. Maybe Bipods? Or any of the things I mentioned above?
"The more game you give people, the more game they give back to you."
So the reason why there are still so few mods for Arma 3 is because you didn´t give us enough game (content)? Sounds fair.
"We didn't want to split the community, we want everyone to play together whether they have this premium stuff or not, and that is a tricky design proposition to do, but we think we've come up with something."

I guess the same as in Arma 2 wich is an acceptable solution. Still as expereince showed us that will mean that communities won´t play much with DLC content.

On top of that there's Steam Workshop, and the team's working on enabling add-on and full mod support, so that the next DayZ can be found. In fact, Bohemia is sponsoring a mod competition for Arma 3 called Make Arma Not War that aims to find just that - the next DayZ.

e.g. the next cashcow

Because DayZ changed everything for Bohemia. Arma 3 "has been quite successful" but there wasn't even a hint of a pause when I asked which of the company's games was most successful. "DayZ."

Well now we know where the companys focus is.