Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Heads up, Win is coming tomorrow on Dev!

May I ask for a source? :)

He is assuming things. Prob. due to this post. Unless I missed something :D

He is assuming things. Prob. due to this post. Unless I missed something :D

If so, it isn't precisely said it would be released tomorrow, or ?

If so, it isn't precisely said it would be released tomorrow, or ?

3 Reasons why I assume it's coming tomorrow:

1. Changelog

2. They usually release on dev a week before stable release.

3. They have a trend for releasing on thursday.

3 Reasons why I assume it's coming tomorrow:

1. Changelog

2. They usually release on dev a week before stable release.

3. They have a trend for releasing on thursday.

That sounds reasonable :)

Can't say I'm really happy with the Wipeout looks (it looks kinda stealthy, but there are no real RCS reduction measures in its design), but at least it's not another training jet, that's already a plus. I'm just going to quote my own post from another forum:

"It looks unnecessary futuristic. ... The engine covers don't look elongated, so there's no room for radar blockers, the armament is just openly placed on hardpoints. Angular frame looks cool, but all in all there's hardly any meaningful reduction of RCS compared to the classic design. Frankly, I don't even think there will be a place for dedicated CAS planes in the future in the first place.

PS: Cool paintjob though."

Totally the post over mine: this new A10 seems "overworked".

I don't think a CAS plane like the A10 would benefit from a stealth upgrade anyway. It's not like stealth technology completely negates close range SAM and MANPADS, especially since these use most of the time different guidance systems than radar.

Stealth technology is useful on planes and helicopters that have either strike or deep strike roles (F117, F35, B2), deep insert/extraction (stealth UH60) or long range air superiority (F22). I see no advantages in stealth on slow moving, low altitude, short distance, long time on station and heavy payloads planes like the A10 family.

Yay!

I just hope nightmare is right:

I Will let my steam opened all day today.

Please, as soon as someone has news about Win on dev branch, let us know!

I don't think a CAS plane like the A10 would benefit from a stealth upgrade anyway. It's not like stealth technology completely negates close range SAM and MANPADS, especially since these use most of the time different guidance systems than radar.

Stealth technology is useful on planes and helicopters that have either strike or deep strike roles (F117, F35, B2), deep insert/extraction (stealth UH60) or long range air superiority (F22). I see no advantages in stealth on slow moving, low altitude, short distance, long time on station and heavy payloads planes like the A10 family.

Yay!

To give the Armaverse some credit, they are at least using an upgraded version of proven tech built specificly for that purpose...whereas in the real world our air force generals want to use the F-35 for the A-10's role.....yeah.

Yay!

Alright, enough, we get the idea already, but what's done is done; this jet is going to be the NATO CAS jet, poll's closed. If not a futuristic A-10 (can't use a normal one, since the devs want to make everything near futuristic and not seen before), what would you have recommended instead for NATO?

Personally I am fine with this new rendition of the A-10, I am quite excited to give it a whirl myself.

-Craig

Total overhaul of the airframe and they still haven't gotten rid of the Pave Penny?

still no update at this time :(

Stealth technology never worked in Arma, it's just a "skin" nothing less nothing more. At least we still have the chance to pilot an A10.

still no update at this time :(

It's 10 am, we never had a big patch before 3 pm (gmt+1).

Let's please not unnecessarily bump this thread with pointless "no update yet" type posts.

Alright, enough, we get the idea already, but what's done is done; this jet is going to be the NATO CAS jet, poll's closed. If not a futuristic A-10 (can't use a normal one, since the devs want to make everything near futuristic and not seen before), what would you have recommended instead for NATO?
Sorry if I gave you the feeling I was insisting on something, mine was only a personal opinion. The A10 is a great (only) choice, I just think the changes it went through are "too much". :D

Don't expect the update today: https://twitter.com/Arma3official/status/444052500019433472

Yay!

Total overhaul of the airframe and they still haven't gotten rid of the Pave Penny?

Yea, I was thinking that too. Would have been a nice touch if it had something more advanced-looking, like an EOTS from F-35

I think BI is having Internet or something problems so they can't upload the update. Sorry for bumping, just wanted to point a possibility out.

The ArmA 3 news are offline btw.

So as BIS is out for the moment we can do whatever we wish! PArty!! :yay:

I think BI is having Internet or something problems so they can't upload the update. Sorry for bumping, just wanted to point a possibility out.

The ArmA 3 news are offline btw.

As BIS put it, "Electricity bugs in the Real Reality engine".

Yay!

1.5GB download for ArmA III dev just started.

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------

Yep, the campaign's up now. GO GO GO!

Thanks BI.

Can't connect to Steam :(

Great, one of the most anticipated DLCs for Arma 3, and the download service doesn't work.

Frustrating as it is guys, let's keep the thread clear of "steam is down" posts :)