Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

BI dev said they're no longer adding new stuff:

"We are no longer adding new things to this milestone, but focusing on getting it ready for release. "

However, will they definitely stop adding new things (units, vehicles, weapons, etc...) after "Win", or will they work on new stuff (like for example Astute class submarine - which was, at the beginning, supposed to be there...)?

BI dev said they're no longer adding new stuff:

"We are no longer adding new things to this milestone, but focusing on getting it ready for release. "

However, will they definitely stop adding new things (units, vehicles, weapons, etc...) after "Win", or will they work on new stuff (like for example Astute class submarine - which was, at the beginning, supposed to be there...)?

"This milestone" clearly means the win patch. I'm not sure how that can really be misunderstood.

DnA has previously made it clear that they plan to add new features over the next few years.

Never stops to amaze me how easily ppl assume things without re-reading, or even reading for that matter, the information that's given to them...

Astute class submarine - which was, at the beginning, supposed to be there

Just FYI, that submarine was a static prop, which you couldn't enter, drive or do anything with.

Just FYI, that submarine was a static prop, which you couldn't enter, drive or do anything with.

Even though, i'd like to have it.

Even though, i'd like to have it.

That submarine is coming, i've seen it in the language files it's called: HMS Proteus

What Benjamin1 said, although I wouldn't be surprised though if the devs have kept quiet about it due to it being just a static prop (albeit one with potential campaign spoilers since it may appear in WIN).

Really liking the To-199's cockpit, nice and crisp, sharply detailed and everything readable even if you don't understand the language. I see that the weapons page shows the weapons the aircraft has, huge bonus points if said page also covers when the weapons are used and no longer on the wings.

I hope the A-164's is the same and judging by its appearance, has a sort of F-22 or F-35 set rather than A-10C...I could be wrong but I THINK I see a MPD of some sort in the center of the console...don't hold me to it though.

Edited by NodUnit

I see that the weapons page shows the weapons the aircraft has, huge bonus points if said page also covers when the weapons are used and no longer on the wings.

It does :D

How's you know?

It appears in Eurogamer's vidéo :

How's you know?

this video shows off the fancy MFD weapons display in action during the first five minutes or so.

Interestingly enough I noticed that the left and right rocket pods appear to be treated as separate weapons in said MFD 'page' -- I wonder why that is?

Thanks, not sure how I missed that but it looks good!

According to Odie0351, the rocket pods appear to have a dedicated rocket count display which seems to show twenty rockets per pod and therefore forty rockets total -- analogous to the Su-34... here's hoping that the A-164 has a corresponding display not only for its rocket pods (albeit with only seven rockets each) but also for its three-per-station AGMs!

I've been misunderstood:

I know they'll work on new stuff after "Win", I just wondered whether it would be as free DLC like what we got until now via game update (or like "Eagle Wing" in ArmA 2), or as standalone expansion like OA, BAF, etc...

I'm not sure I like it: this futuristic version looses the whole original sturdy and functional look, that make the A10 so strangely elegant. Stealth shapes don't really go along with it IMHO. :D

Yay!

I hope the A-164's is the same and judging by its appearance, has a sort of F-22 or F-35 set rather than A-10C...I could be wrong but I THINK I see a MPD of some sort in the center of the console...don't hold me to it though.
We know that the canopy at least still has an "A-10 like" frame, so I'm going to guess that we're both more concerned about whether the instruments are animated enough -- i.e. the 'chosen' MFD pages -- to be of actual utility for "no game HUD, instruments/jet HUD only" flight...?
I've been misunderstood:

I know they'll work on new stuff after "Win", I just wondered whether it would be as free DLC like what we got until now via game update (or like "Eagle Wing" in ArmA 2), or as standalone expansion like OA, BAF, etc...

They've already confirmed that Zeus-on-stable-branch is going to follow along, also via game update.

I think there might be something that looks like goalposts on both ends of the pitch if you zoom in a little. Given the high frequency of small soccer grounds on Altis, I would be surprised if the stadium wasn't also used for that purpose. Even if it's not a soccer pitch, I think there should be grass or sand in the centre and not the normal surface texture. Looks awful that way, at least on the screenshot.

I'm really excited for the other new stuff on Altis. Especially the ghost hotel looks really promising. I just hope it will be completely enterable, unlike most other larger buildings on Altis.

We know that the canopy at least still has an "A-10 like" frame, so I'm going to guess that we're both more concerned about whether the instruments are animated enough -- i.e. the 'chosen' MFD pages -- to be of actual utility for "no game HUD, instruments/jet HUD only" flight...?They've already confirmed that Zeus-on-stable-branch is going to follow along, also via game update.

You guessed correctly. It doesn't have to have a moving map display because that gets into some very 'fun' stuff and tricks, the weapons utility and air speed as well as altimeter will do.

Interestingly enough I noticed that the left and right rocket pods appear to be treated as separate weapons in said MFD 'page' -- I wonder why that is?

One of them is probably containing DAGRs the other just DARs

Seriously? I would be so happy!

Heads up, Win is coming tomorrow on Dev!

Winning!....OK I'll leave.