Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Wait, if NATO's jet is a CAS jet what will we use as a fighter against Buzzards and the CSAT planes?

Byku: Either it's talking about the missiles and such, or we're getting a 75mm autocannon or the likes.

I'm hoping for an F-35 or something to back up the A-164. :D

Wait, if NATO's jet is a CAS jet what will we use as a fighter against Buzzards and the CSAT planes?
I thought on this a bit... historically, BI has basically given air-to-air lip service at best; BI's jets had two "short range" air-to-air missiles if any, except for the Su-34's four. The A-143 Buzzard (AA) is not only BI's very first instance of "longer range" air-to-air missiles at all but also of an AA loadout, where they replace the CAS loadout's pairs of Skalpel ATGMs and GBU-12s.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see the To-199 Neophron get a corresponding AA loadout at some point, and the A-164 Wipeout would have the pylons to support one as well, although it (moreso than the Buzzard or the Neophron) might well be a case of "making up in pylons (and thus amount of weapons) what it lacks in maneuverability."

Byku: Either it's talking about the missiles and such, or we're getting a 75mm autocannon or the likes.
The same PBO (or rather, the stringtable.xml inside it) already mentions a "Gatling Cannon 30 mm", so it's talking about the other weapons.

I don't mind the new Slammers smaller armament now, all it needs is some kind of high-velocity anti-tank specialty shell and HE-Frag rounds along with its HEAT.

The old Tanks also would need HEAT rounds added to their loadout, to supplant their WW2 vintage HE shells.

However, the UP could benefit from adding a grenade launcher atop the main gun (Where the CQB MG mount is) as well as an actual TUSK kit, rather than these very field-expedient retrofit looking plates. They don't even protect the sloped front right and left faces of the turret.

I also found that on the turret face, sometimes it takes 6 - 7 hits from the T-100 to destroy the UP. Up to 5 hits when hitting the front of the hull. Conversely, a hit on the turret base mantlet by the UP on the T-100 will make it blow up in one to two hits. It is all a matter of hitting the right spot.

With the advanced simulation we have now, you can't simply shoot at something anymore and expect your result to be valid every time. I agree that the armor needs to be more consistent in its behaviour, though. I'd also like to know the detailed armor layout for each of the vehicles, so we as players really know where the armor is and where it isn't.

As an example, the T-100 has reinforced armor on the front part of the hull, on the sides, while on the back it does not have them. Are these plates actually modelled in the armor layout, or are they cosmetic? Hitting them versus hitting the non-armored parts does not seem to make a difference in protection.

Redburger? Well that was authentic , but I highly doubt that this type of fast food actually exists on Lemnos.

I think some kind of taverna would be more realistic. Some gyros with souvlaki and a little tzatziki please :D

Looking very nice, have been waiting the Jets and these will be perfect.

It's... beautiful! I was afraid that BIS might mess it up(like this MI-48 strange hybrid), but I see they didn't go crazy with it(too much) :P.

Nice! They look great :)

Picture 1 - To-199 and the new stadium

Picture 2 - A-164 and a hotel? Unfamiliar to me, perhaps I've forgotten this area.

Picture 3 - Tempest (heavy trucks)

Picture 4 - Can't tell if there's anything new here. Pic of a Marshall and infantry.

Picture 5 - Use of a different "safe" walking animation?

Picture 6 (Twitter - Mořický) - Front part of the A-164

Edited by colossus

It was a plane added only for testing and presenting the island from above on E3;). IMO we're getting much better stuff now ;].Anyway, it was never promised.

where is the military transport aircraft ?

A3 get the Price for the ugliest things in this game:p

Liking the new track stadium. Mmmm, we can finally have the Arma Olympics in track! Altis Leisure Center.

Still, I can't see the Ghost Hotel.

EDIT: Nvm, it's in the shot where the Wipeout's gun illimunates it.

Liking the new track stadium. Mmmm, we can finally have the Arma Olympics in track! Altis Leisure Center.

The soccer pitch looks weird though. Seems to be the normal Altis surface and no special lawn or anything...

The soccer pitch looks weird though. Seems to be the normal Altis surface and no special lawn or anything...

Yeah, that´s what I thought immediately. Maybe it is overgrown or something but it just doesn´t look right in that screen.

So, when is the campaign going to be released on the devbranch again? Later this week?

The Wipeout's exterior is lean and mean. Can't wait to see how the cockpit looks like. It better be full of MFD's and blue lights... :torture:

Is it a soccer pitch? In most simple stadiums the center it's nothing special, just for the javelin and weight throwing.

WHAT !? No transport aircraft ? But... But... :oh:

It was a plane added only for testing and presenting the island from above on E3;). IMO we're getting much better stuff now ;].Anyway, it was never promised.

...But NATO is going to get destroyed without an AA aircraft. The A-10 (A-164, whatever) is not an aircraft that can go up against a jet fighter. It simply isn't fast or maneuverable enough.

...But NATO is going to get destroyed without an AA aircraft. The A-10 (A-164, whatever) is not an aircraft that can go up against a jet fighter. It simply isn't fast or maneuverable enough.

The first batch of jets has always been planned to be CAS aircrafts.