Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

What's wrong with Steam Achievements? I mean, I have some of them in various games I think, but I couldn't care less are they there or not. :confused:

What's wrong with Steam Achievements? I mean, I have some of them in various games I think, but I couldn't care less are they there or not. :confused:

I'd rather not have pop ups that say "you reloaded for the first time!" while playing a coop session, it would break immersion and other then that I dont find achievements fitting in a game like arma but that is just my opinion.

I dont know much about achievements and as long as you could disable them I dont care what they put in the game.

Any news about when episode 3 will be on devbranch?

And about the content (we know there will be planned, but that's all...)

It's the Sting, the CSAT SMG.

The new jet looks cool. Also good to see them making an effort to replace shared assets. Now they just have to do the same for two turrets, two armored vehicle chassis, two fixed guns and two mortars.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

I don't see any problems with having achievements in campaign but having achievements in multiplayer could change the way people play to get these achievements. In the video the 2 steam popup messages comes right after crashing a plane on a mountain. I would hate to go to a MP game with people crashing planes to get their achievements.

Any news about when episode 3 will be on devbranch?

A couple of week, that's the word from RiE in the video.

I'd rather not have pop ups that say "you reloaded for the first time!" while playing a coop session, it would break immersion and other then that I dont find achievements fitting in a game like arma but that is just my opinion.

I dont know much about achievements and as long as you could disable them I dont care what they put in the game.

You can disable the Steam overlay if desired, AFAIK no popups appear that way.

I don't see any problems with having achievements in campaign but having achievements in multiplayer could change the way people play to get these achievements. In the video the 2 steam popup messages comes right after crashing a plane on a mountain. I would hate to go to a MP game with people crashing planes to get their achievements.

Never thought of it that way, I think I see your point, it might actually become a problem.

EDIT: After carefully looking at the picture for 3 seconds, I think it looks kind of like the Flying Spaghetti Monster, so it could be just someone (with the FSM avatar) sending a message.
Steam group announcements are also in the lower right by default, so it's probably one of the two; I distinctly recall Steam Achievements being in the upper right corner.

Note that it's possible for a game to have SP-only achievements, even if the game has online multiplayer, or the multiplayer achievements in question may actually be few, innocuous, or both; X-COM: Enemy Unknown's only two multiplayer achievements are "win a match" and "play against someone who has this achievement."

Edited by Chortles

@OPREP:

Our objective is to make the process of managing and creating features far more robust.

What kind of features we are talking about here?

@OPREP:

Good question. Robust sounds good though.

Steam group announcements are also in the lower right by default, so it's probably one of the two; I distinctly recall Steam Achievements being in the upper right corner.

There's no difference between any Steam overlay toasts. The default is bottom right and is defined in one of the Steam style files. From there, each game can override the location of the toasts so it doesn't interfere with important UI elements or they can just leave it at the default from the style file.

You just played different game where they defaulted all toasts to the top right, where it probably does not interfere with any UI elements. For example, Payday 2 uses the top left corner, as it's the least important corner of the screen in that game. Arma 3 uses the bottom right, the default, as it also contains no UI elements by default, unlike the top right (weapon, ammo, stance, etc.), top left (vehicle info) and bottom left (commanding ui) corners.

@OPREP:

Im interested too. Wounding animations, weapon resting or some arma2 style carry animations? :-P

Oh , that can be the Nato transport and that would explain why they didnt show Nato jet yet - maybe because its Transport Plane

or maybe not :D

Oh , that can be the Nato transport and that would explain why they didnt show Nato jet yet - maybe because its Transport Plane

or maybe not

That log shows both NATO fighter plane and transport plane. Files with 01 always shows NATO vehicles.

;)

That log shows both NATO fighter plane and transport plane. Files with 01 always shows NATO vehicles.

;)

Even better :D

I don't like the OPFOR fixed wings.

I don't like the OPFOR fixed wings.

Why? It seems pretty good to me. It's not a silly trainer jet like the buzzard, it looks like a formidable CAS jet with decent manoeuvrability, kinda like a small F-16, and not too specialized/heavy like an A-10.

Why? It seems pretty good to me. It's not a silly trainer jet like the buzzard, it looks like a formidable CAS jet with decent manoeuvrability, kinda like a small F-16, and not too specialized/heavy like an A-10.
*cough* Actually, if the old render holds true (in the video it seemed more reminiscent of the Su-25 from the rear view) then this jet would actually be like the Buzzard's CAS version -- a trainer-derived jet with a primarily A2G loadout -- but with two more pylons/weapons and the 'exclusive' weapons status display.

Considering that the video showed the CSAT jet having the "(CAS)" suffix, BI is probably doing the same thing for CSAT as for AAF where the same basic jet is represented with separate A2A and A2G loadouts. Don't forget that Arma 2 had multiple Su-25 'versions' across different factions and with different loadouts, while the AV-8B in both Arma and Arma 2 had both a mostly A2G version and a "(LGB)" version that was all GBU-12s and a gun.

It's just the skin I don't like, I find it weird - just like the OPFOR attack chopper.

Moreover, I find the cockpit weird compared to the rest of the plane.

Can't explain why, but I feel something wrong with that plane.