Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

source that they want to add streams/rivers?

Ivan told me they want to implement that it will be part of a future terrain IF they can do it. Take that as a wishe!

(the audio is awful we were filming with a photo camera and between two blocs...)) Edited by Papanowel

Well that still doesn't change anything. Suppose, then, that both tanks had tough armor and weak cannons, and you'll have a 20 hour face-off. Or an ATGM that is unable to take out a tank. Both the offense and defense try to keep up with each other, and usually do.

It normally works by someone developing a new offensive capability first and then a defence against that weapon is developed in response, such as the introduction of tanks or aircraft in the first world war. If armour was improved it would be to deal with a new threat. It's difficult to defend against a threat that hasn't been invented, and why would you make a tank heavier unnecessarily?

That's actually what I am talking about. Action and reaction.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Ivan told me they want to implement that it will be part of a future terrain IF they can do it. Take that as a wishe!

(the audio is awful we were filming with a photo camera and between two blocs...))

thanks. that would be awesome and a huge step forward. we could finally create REAL jungle/forest maps with these streams/lakes and these jungle/forest maps would feel more real and natural.

today i have wondered, what are asian faces in the game for? Maybe for wider audience, so people from all nation can use it, or maybe a hint, for future expansion pack? Never heard/seen someone asian in campaign or missions or campaign (maybe overlooked?). I was guessing something about Chinese, or other asiatic country, now i have even more guesses, we might see something in that region in the future.

today i have wondered, what are asian faces in the game for? Maybe for wider audience, so people from all nation can use it, or maybe a hint, for future expansion pack? Never heard/seen someone asian in campaign or missions or campaign (maybe overlooked?). I was guessing something about Chinese, or other asiatic country, now i have even more guesses, we might see something in that region in the future.
I for one use the Asian faces.

It'll be intriguing if streams/rivers and lakes are actually doable, though I'm not sure just what gameplay would be enabled by achieving this as opposed to "the map consists of two or more big islands that take up most of the map with the "sea" standing in for what would have been rivers.

I have just been doing some tests with streams using the road sections early days yet but its working just need some fine tuning on the texture\rvmat as its like a tide still and makes it appear and then dissapear so ill keep having a poke at it im using the pond water on the road paths, it will need some stream banks textures adding to get it to look natural with the terrain. and also for a config to act like a road but not spawn ai on or vehicles to drive on.

I for one use the Asian faces.

It'll be intriguing if streams/rivers and lakes are actually doable, though I'm not sure just what gameplay would be enabled by achieving this as opposed to "the map consists of two or more big islands that take up most of the map with the "sea" standing in for what would have been rivers.

I think it would work in a number of ways for BIS actually. As a game engine developer it would prove they can keep up with environment creation. And from a game play perspective it would enable them to create environments that are more believable and provide a consistent level of fidelity. It kind of limits the scope of environments you can do well when rivers and lakes are not available. Imagine F.A.T.A as it should be and tell me working rivers and lakes are not worth the effort. Even arid areas suffer without the ability to create a contrasting oasis as water is of strategic importance.

I want to blow up a dam and it flood the place...

Play BF4 with it's super duper "Levolution" :D

already done that ;), sooo whats the topic today then regarding arma 3

Hoping for an Asian snow map. (and twice the size of Altis please)

Korean snipers:

tumblr_mzlr6nCKMt1skaxu8o1_500.jpg

Edit: and bipods goddammit..

Dude... it's going to be a DLC or an expansion. You'll be lucky if it's half the size of Altis.

To save me trying to find the right page,what info did they give us? Obviously there is sumin big comin. Is there release date?

No, it was just a vague mention of stuff they'll release in the future. There was no concrete information whatsoever.

If BI does Asian expansion, let's hope their dev won't be caught taking photos of a military base.

Greek prison will look like holidays compared to Chinese, Vietnamese or North Korean ones.

Ok.I'm talking about your typical console gaming type classes
Pretty much my concerns also with this new system. I don't mind some tradeoffs, but ultimately a big tradeoff for having a heavier vest is just that the vest is heavier (and you have less stamina or whatever). The capacity should be based on the model's pouches, and you end up with less effective capacity just due to increased weight overall.
Dude... it's going to be a DLC or an expansion. You'll be lucky if it's half the size of Altis.
We would since Altis is so ungodly large already. I'm very much in favor of a rebalancing towards detail rather than sheer scope of the island. Even something smaller than Chernarus would be fine, if it meant they balanced that with better details, microterrains, biomes, etc.

For infantry combat, microterrains and details >>> island size. Given the dearth of planes and armor, it's a bit silly we have an island geared for those instead of infantry.

DNA is mentioning it in the last devbranch changelog!

I think they have added some of the data files in preparation only, by the looks of it. Especially the updated thunder sounds.