Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

I hope they do an altis version like they did with sahrani...

sahrani itself and then a southern sahrani

So, the latest sitrep noted two new locations 1) Ghost hotel and 2) a stadium...

Does this mean in the win episode we get a showdown in a stadium with perhaps... one rodeo clown? and one bullet ?

like:

?

i'm just guessing

Edited by Benjamin1

I hope they do an altis version like they did with sahrani...

sahrani itself and then a southern sahrani

Southern Sahrani was the map from the Demo AFAIK, don't think it was intended to stand in for anything.

And Chernarus+, will it appear on A3 as DLC or something?

And Chernarus+, will it appear on A3 as DLC or something?

I doubt that , because its "special" for Dayz

To be honest I also wouldn't mind Cherno+ for DLC but with additional map.

What about if you already own DayZ? Seems kinda pointless to have to buy it again.

What about if you already own DayZ? Seems kinda pointless to have to buy it again.

Apparently you can already import it. Someone created a thread on the Steam forums asking if he/she is allowed to create a mission for Chernarus+ and publish it to the Workshop. Dwarded replied that missions on Chernarus+ for Arma 3 aren't allowed, but I think he said they still left Chernarus+ compatible with Arma 3.

Apparently you can already import it. Someone created a thread on the Steam forums asking if he/she is allowed to create a mission for Chernarus+ and publish it to the Workshop. Dwarded replied that missions on Chernarus+ for Arma 3 aren't allowed, but I think he said they still left Chernarus+ compatible with Arma 3.
If I recall correctly, the method is the same that people were previously using to import A2 content into Arma 3 -- literally copying PBOs and deleting incompatible ones -- so the proscription is not just for legal/license purposes but also because you can forget about any technical support for any "Chernarus+ in A3" errors.

If Maruk's old comments from back in the day when Operation Flashpoint 2 was a thing that was happening (before the Codemasters split and what would become Armed Assault) still hold true to his current sentiments, then you can forget about BI ever doing a 'Nam game.

Which comments?

Hello ADUILO, the DayZ content licence does indeed not allow for DayZ content to be ported into other games. We encourage you not to do it. For now, Chernarus+ is exclusive to DayZ and to be honest, I don`t see it fitting to Arma too well

Which comments?
I remember that someone posted on these forums links to an article (split up among multiple pages) of what I recall was being called "Operation Flashpoint 2", where a sidebar was about an interviewer inquiry about the idea of a 'Nam setting/game -- and Maruk was emphatic and clear in stating that he had no interest in doing one.

It actually reminded me of the fact that the reason that X-COM: Terror from the Deep didn't get a remake (unlike X-COM: UFO Defense/UFO: Enemy Unknown, as XCOM: Enemy Unknown) is because game designer Jake Solomon was flat-out not a fan of TFFD.

Would you cosider it posseble to add small item ,like the Inventory Items to be ported over to A3 without any infringement of the License? It would be saving a lot of time for those who make things like CTAB ,and the like . I think they would like it .And the helicopter Huey are much better in DayZ.tnx

Would you cosider it posseble to add small item ,like the Inventory Items to be ported over to A3 without any infringement of the License? It would be saving a lot of time for those who make things like CTAB ,and the like . I think they would like it .And the helicopter Huey are much better in DayZ.tnx

Some of the DayZ items were in fact already ported as world objects to Arma 3 by the development team. Nonetheless, the above statement and the EULAs are in effect for every kind of game asset. Now, let's please not derail the Arma 3 development blog and reveals thread any further with unrelated questions ;)

Edited by PurePassion

I'd like to request from a dev a clarification on "Scanning the Horizon":

Premium DLC will demand new content and features that build upon what we consider to be the base - or 'vanilla' - platform. They're designed to be reasonable in scope and to meaningfully contribute to the 'big picture'. Longer term, for example, we'll build a new terrain. Our objective is to produce something truly distinctive: an entirely different feeling to that of Altis, Takistan or Chernarus.
Does this mean that the new terrain will be a paid DLC?

I'd greatly prefer a 9x density terrain grid with a 1/9th sized island. So greatly (shouldn't have a huge performance impact with LOD levels as we have already).

I'd be down for that even if it was only a 10th the size of Stratis. They seem to have given up improving vehicle combat anyway.

I'd like to request from a dev a clarification on "Scanning the Horizon":Does this mean that the new terrain will be a paid DLC?

Sounds more like a Standalone Expansion Pack featuring a new terrain, kinda like OA.

Sounds more like a Standalone Expansion Pack featuring a new terrain, kinda like OA.

Meh, I would hope it includes lots of "fixes" that are desperately needed and not gimmicky stuff.

Well they better make it "special" for Arma 3 too.

At the very least it'd be nice to have the enterable houses.

I'd like to request from a dev a clarification on "Scanning the Horizon":Does this mean that the new terrain will be a paid DLC?

Hopefully it means that we get something really extremely new: Like arctic/antarctic combat including skiing and freezing temperaturs (and fitting modules for mission makers). I seriously don't care if it's paid or not, as long as it doesnt exceed 25€.

OPREP #1

http://dev.arma3.com/oprep-soldier-protection

I really like where this is going. This OPREP makes it very clear what you want to achieve and that you really invested a lot of thought into it. I´m sure that it will help to focus the player feedback. Please make more of these :rthumb:

I really like the OPREP also, can't wait for those experimental stuff about fatigue from dev branch to come back.