Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

And here it is: http://dev.arma3.com/techrep-00003 :icon_twisted:

A quick question. Does FBXtoRTM read animations made in other software (max, maya, modo etc) that have been then saved as .FBX? Or, as per wiki, works solely with motionbuilder (version 2009 no more no less)?

Good luck! It's looking good, especially that upcoming mod support in Steam Workshop is heartwarming news :p

PS. I hope that you'd improve the documentation of the content creation drastically, especially in terms of scripting. I'm sure the investment would pay itself back multiplied :)

Can't wait to have more infos about the future terrain.

...we'll build a new terrain. Our objective is to produce something truly distinctive: an entirely different feeling to that of Altis, Takistan or Chernarus.

Can't wait to have more infos about the future terrain.

Would love to see some nordic climate, that and the VBS snow feature thingy.

Jungles, maybe. FPS-dropping tropical jungles. Either that, or some snow environment. Can't think of much else that's extremely different than Takistan, Altis, and Chernarus.

An Asian terrain perhaps? Possibly with Chinese units.

I don't wait this new or other terrain.

It's not the priority for me.

I want more content and FEATURES !!!! than we wait since ten years... in Arma series

I'm guessing a chinese terrain. Seeing as CSAT is China, Russia, and Iran... Maybe get to see some QBZ-95's and more over, RIVERS. Rivers, and dense forests and mountain peaks or something, idk. Would be cool.

I'm going to guess a Pacific Island, with the setting being a flashpoint between the US + Japan and CSAT, a sort of "what if" scenario inspired by the recent Senkaku Islands conflict. There were soldiers before in Episode 1 saying how the US are moving most of their equipment to the Pacific to play with the "big boys", AKA China, CSAT. This could have been an early hint at what to expect in the future for ArmA III's story.

Well, also if you look at India and Japan getting friendly now, maybe in the Armaverse that provokes a CSAT attack in the Indian Ocean.

The Pacific is a good bet. I'd like to see something in the far North Pacific, maybe even Alaskan.

Wishing BI all the best for 2014. Have to admit, you kept your promise of after-release support.

I bet it will be some pacific island

Pacific is likely, seeing how CSAT and NATO are engaged there.

Wishing BI all the best for 2014. Have to admit, you kept your promise of after-release support.

Seconded. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of work put into it, and I hope things go on like that.

The Pacific is a good bet. I'd like to see something in the far North Pacific, maybe even Alaskan.

Would LOVE to see an arctic scenario.. Just imagine diving under the ice, winter camos, snow mobiles done right...

Pacific theater would be awesome with some sort of jungle type setting.

Would LOVE to see an arctic scenario.. Just imagine diving under the ice, winter camos, snow mobiles done right...

i'mo it will get boring fast.

i'mo it will get boring fast.

Well, that's why you'll have other terrains to go back to... For me, another environment with mostly vegetation would get boring real fast. I'm all for a Pacific island, but tropical jungles to me aren't much different than forests. I want something less taxing on my PC, and something vastly different. Arctic environment is different, and would be great if BI had accompanying assets for it. Other than that, I'd want something a bit tropical (maybe a chain of several fairly sized islands), but it'd need large medium and small ships to accompany it.

Three things we need for the next map:

- (sub)tropical

- heavy urban

- middle developing world that has both the traditional, poor housing and modern urban landscapes (China)

We've not had these yet. I know performance is the big concern with the first 2 of those, but reducing model complexity and adding an additional <10m high-def vegetation LOD (for higher settings only) would negate much of the dense vegetation issue, I'd bet.

I've got $50 on Zhoushan being the spot! (it would be really cool anyway) Well, there's a ton of Chinese coastline to choose from, or Philippines coastline, or Malaysian, Indonesian, even Vietnamese...

Three things we need for the next map:

- (sub)tropical

- heavy urban

- middle developing world that has both the traditional, poor housing and modern urban landscapes (China)

You forget a snowed map, with adapted vehicles.

Well, I beg to disagree with snow. It's just a white desert > been there.

Well, I beg to disagree with snow. It's just a white desert > been there.

Snow doesn't mean desert, have a look at Thirsk for a great example of a Winter map. Snow just poses different challenges.