Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

From the pics it looked like some kind of Capture-the-Flag and a new UI. Plus some sick (as in OMGWTF!) lighting effects. I can wait, being knee deep in part 1 of the campaign only - getting a new job sucks :D
The GUI is more like Sector Control/Conquest style (i.e. all sectors, sector control, capture progress).

I admit, I actually rather liked some of the modes found in MAG, such as Escalation's three-way fights...

Hm, I suppose that largely depends on your interpretation of 'mode'?

Well, you said "as for the mode itself". so I am just assuming ;) I wasn't aiming at trolling or anything like that.

Anyway - in avoidance of trolling/getting drawn into talking too much in abstractions (I'm sure we'll have many specific discussions once we drop the info payload!) - I'd just say our guys themselves are excited about their work; for now, I can just about forgive them their enthusiasm, which at times spills over the walls of Castle Bohemia!

I can only forgive their enthusiasm if they share it with us!

Not neccessarily true. It has to do with how high the tower is which translates to the radius that it can redirect the electrical strike. Other factors matter as well. Agreed that the whole scene looks unnatural.

I would suspect this to actually be a weapon. Lighting hitting a tank would do zilch to the tank. Faraday Cage.

I don't see how that's related to multiplayer, though. :/

Don't under estimate CSAT... Lol, jk. Still, you have a point. Lightning wont hurt a tank, whether its guided by a channel of low resistance through the air or not. Though, vehicles like cars, and quad bikes can be easily put out of commission with a wep like that... How lightning can be thrown into Arma 3 as a weapon though... is beyond me. I think it's some fancy editing, or, just happened to have lightning strike at the same time a tank was blown up...

i too am confused. what are they trying to say with that picture? i hope they are not going to make the game even more arcade.

If anyone had a lightning weapon it would be NATO :D they invented it

Would anyone recommend buying Arma 2+OA+A1+TKoH+Carrier Command+Arma Tactics+two other random games for me and my friend for 6$? Is it worth it?

yes if you do not have the arma series or TKOH. I never tried their other games so cannot say, but its a great price.

Now that episode 2 is out within a few hours, when will the last one be released?

usualy updates for arma, are from 12am-2PM CET. This is not like a new game release, where it unlocks 12pm.

---------- Post added at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was at 22:58 ----------

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=651895231523877&set=pb.192181357495269.-2207520000.1390254695.&type=3&theater

is the guy on the right holding a new rifle? looks like present-day carbine with folding stock.

it's just MX black edition, some at rebel camp had this

it's just MX black edition, some at rebel camp had this

Too bad. The different shading on the stock made it look like bi-color, but you are right, it may well just be the black mx...

Arma 3 tools just updated; where would one find the changelog / details?

Arma 3 tools just updated; where would one find the changelog / details?

It's going to be out SoonTM as it is related to Dedicated Server update release :icon_twisted:

It's going to be out SoonTM as it is related to Dedicated Server update release :icon_twisted:

I guess the same "SoonTM" I'll get if I asked about news on Visitor?

I've heard that there some nice optimizations coming to the server client (which i will welcome with open arms!), but this "mode" is going to be interesting...

I'm downloading second episode 805mb is this a patch also with all the dev updates ?

I'm downloading second episode 805mb is this a patch also with all the dev updates ?

Dev build doesn't seem to have updated yet, DnA said it would be later to bring it up to the same dataset.

Happy New Year, BIF!

Dat_Blog.jpg

We've put together a short blog, which shares a quick overview of the direction we aim to take over the next twelve months.

So, here's to a splendid 2014! :cheers:

Best,

RiE