Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

From the latest SITREP - we will get 3 new vehicles for AAF and one sniper scope

2 vehicles from BAF - Wildcat Lynx heli and the FV510 Warrior ifv

3rd vehicle is whole new - some MBT-52 Kuma - Main Battle Tank for the AAF

also next week we will get ArmA 2 mlods :)

In before MBT-52 is no different from the other two copy pasted tanks, again with 3 men crew, 1 MG and firing generic SABOT and HE ammo.

I just hope that at least FV510 will be any different from the one APC pretending to be four that we currently have due to ArmA2 roots.

From the latest SITREP - we will get 3 new vehicles for AAF and one sniper scope

2 vehicles from BAF - Wildcat Lynx heli and the FV510 Warrior ifv

3rd vehicle is whole new - some MBT-52 Kuma - Main Battle Tank for the AAF

My question is :

We need Arma 2 Games to use contents on Arma 3 ?

That's all :), if it's the case i rush on the 80% of the Arma 2 games.

Definitely a good thing. I'm afraid though that it will lead to a flood of releases of mixed addons that are incompatible to each other, I hope there will be a more organized approach to convert the stuff, like AiA.

My question is :

We need Arma 2 Games to use contents on Arma 3 ?

That's all :), if it's the case i rush on the 80% of the Arma 2 games.

No , it will be more like ArmA 1 mlods (since you dont need to own arma1) and will be used only on arma engine

No , it will be more like ArmA 1 mlods (since you dont need to own arma1) and will be used on arma engine

And what about the terrains, Cherno, Utes and all custom made?

Definitely a good thing. I'm afraid though that it will lead to a flood of releases of mixed addons that are incompatible to each other, I hope there will be a more organized approach to convert the stuff, like AiA.

Yea - i agree

---------- Post added at 15:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

No idea , because bis didn't mention about the islands

IIRC. the islands were part of the Arma 1 release, so they might be in there as well, but no confirmation on that yet. Still, I would guess the MLODs of the buldings, trees and other structures would be included, which will be an invaluable resource for modders. That is, if Visitor 4 gets released eventually.

---------- Post added at 15:15 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

Yea - i agree

I wonder how feasible it would be to recreate Arma 2 with those MLODS in a form that integrates seamlessly into Arma 3. What I mean by that is for example to take the ibaked-on parts of equipment from the soldiers (like, for example, helmets, carring rigs, etc) and make new uniform/clothing items for Arma 3. It would be great to have all the stuff from Arma 2 readily available as Arma 3 stuff without noticing the difference (except for the potential loss in quality).

Unfortunately, I don't have any idea how non-weapon stuff works. Obviously, with the weapons, this isn't going to be a problem :)

Seriously? Even without the launch deadline they're just recycling old A2 units?

More ArmA 2 content uhhm ohkay. You might just as well add the SU34, Harrier and A10 to ArmA 3 then. Or add AiA as an official free DLC.

I am a big fan of ArmA, but I am not happy that ArmA 3 is turning out to be ArmA 2 content with better graphics.

Also, why is a transport chopper being added while the community screams out for a transport plane?

Seriously? Even without the launch deadline they're just recycling old A2 units?
More ArmA 2 content uhhm ohkay. You might just as well add the SU34, Harrier and A10 to ArmA 3 then. Or add AiA as an official free DLC.

I am a big fan of ArmA, but I am not happy that ArmA 3 is turning out to be ArmA 2 content with better graphics.

Learn to read guys, they aren't releasing Arma 2 content for Arma 3. They're simply releasing Arma 2 models under a license for use as a modders' resource. You aren't getting any content until someone mods them into Arma 3.

Also, why is a transport chopper being added while the community screams out for a transport plane?

Bunch of guys on a forum is hardly equal to the "community" as a whole.

Calm yourself. Their just adding a bit of PUNCH to the AAF forces. An Attack/Transport helo is something AAF kinda needs. I like the AAF. But besides that, the good stuff REALLY comes when the second episode is released.

Learn to read guys, they aren't releasing Arma 2 content for Arma 3. They're simply releasing Arma 2 models under a license for use as a modders' resource. You aren't getting any content until someone mods them into Arma 3.

I believe they are talking about the new upcoming AAF transport chopper and APC, which are "recycled" from arma2 BAF.

Probably to complete set of AAF vehicles so mission makers can use AAF chopper, not UH-60 borrowed from BLUFOR (Mohawk is too big for average mission designed for 5-10 players and also it have no weapons). New tank serves the same purpose I believe.

Probably to complete set of AAF vehicles so mission makers can use AAF chopper, not UH-60 borrowed from BLUFOR (Mohawk is too big for average mission designed for 5-10 players and also it have no weapons). New tank serves the same purpose I believe.

No, the AAF chopper isn't to replace the UH-60. The Mohawk is for that, and is the first thing recycled from BAF. The new chopper is the Wildcat from BAF I'm pretty sure, hence the name "Hellcat". It's air transport and fire support like the Mi-48. The Mohawk is really only meant for transport here.

Learn to read guys, they aren't releasing Arma 2 content for Arma 3.

He was referring to the two units (IFV and Chopper) that will be recycled from Arma 2/BAF.

Bunch of guys on a forum is hardly equal to the "community" as a whole.

"Bunch of guys on the forum".. right.. it was a quite common complaint that there is no transport plane at all. Especially since there already is quite a bunch of choppers, so I don't understand the choice of yet another helicopter

We don't know and it didn't had in BAF.

Door gunners are still using mind controls on the Ghosthawk......C'mon BI.

The new chopper is the Wildcat from BAF I'm pretty sure, hence the name "Hellcat". It's air transport and fire support like the Mi-48.
Just checked out Wildcat AH11 and you seems to be right. But it's no match to Mi-48 and I wonder would BIS update Hellcat in terms of armament or leave it as it is in Arma 2.
"Bunch of guys on the forum".. right.. it was a quite common complaint that there is no transport plane at all. Especially since there already is quite a bunch of choppers, so I don't understand the choice of yet another helicopter
I made a small "Blufor vs. Independent" mission some time ago in which I had to put AAF crew in T-100 and pretend that it was captured from CSAT at the end of some conflict because there was simply no AAF tank. It's ok for one mission (with suitable plot) but you can't pretend that some vehicle was stolen/captured/bought from %VehicleManufacturerSide% in every mission. That is why AAF needs its very own vehicle of each type. Edited by Semiconductor

Just checked out Wildcat AH11 and you're seems to be right.update Hellcat in terms of armament or leave it as it is in Arma every mission.

In the in-game field guide, it says there is an anti-submarine warfare variant of the Merlin helicopter. I wouldn't be surprised if this new helicopter had an anti-submarine armament version, as it is used this way in the German military as well as others.

Just checked out Wildcat AH11 and you seems to be right. But it's no match to Mi-48 and I wonder would BIS update Hellcat in terms of armament or leave it as it is in Arma 2.I made a small "Blufor vs. Independent" mission some time ago in which I had to put AAF crew in T-100 and pretend that it was captured from CSAT at the end of some conflict because there was simply no AAF tank. It's ok for one mission (with suitable plot) but you can't pretend that some vehicle was stolen/captured/bought from %VehicleManufacturerSide% in every mission. That is why AAF needs its very own vehicle of each type.

Funny thing, based on the campaign, should have been a captured Merkava lol.

I think the sitrep said they would be updating them. Not sure if that means armaments, model improvements, or both.

I made a small "Blufor vs. Independent" mission some time ago in which I had to put AAF crew in T-100 and pretend that it was captured from CSAT at the end of some conflict because there was simply no AAF tank. It's ok for one mission (with suitable plot) but you can't pretend that some vehicle was stolen/captured/bought from %VehicleManufacturerSide% in every mission. That is why AAF needs its very own vehicle of each type.

I'm not denying that, do I ? I just said that the notion of a "bunch of guys" not being "the community" is a bit of a worn out argument. Everyone is arguing that the "silent majority" is in their favor.

Fact is, everyone also needs a transport plane. And much more.

Isn't the AAF supposed to be similar to the Armed Forces of Malta?

Why the heck are they getting NATO gear? They feel like generic faction 3 with weapons that are equal to that of two super powers.

Why the heck do they need a tank as well? They control two small islands. No point in the AAF owning modern battle tanks that they shouldn't be able to afford.

*complains that the US Army is just recycling old WWII edition models with the B-52 - demands they spend $15bn to R&D a new plane that looks and functions basically the same because it's the future dammit and what am I paying taxes for?!*

You honestly think most players care? Most players are either:

A) playing the campaign and random user missions (and not being terribly picky)

B) playing Wasteland/Life/KOTH

C) back to DayZ on Arma 2

The forums are only representative of the hardcore fans, content creators, and realism geeks (who are hardcore fans generally), with a much smaller fraction being a more representative slice of the whole (imo, of course).