Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

I kind of hope they allow the MRD's to be fitted on the older pistols as well.

I also think it's the Chiappa Rhino :)

What a badass gun.

First revolver that I see where the barrel attaches to the bottom of the cylinder.

First revolver that I see where the barrel attaches to the bottom of the cylinder.

This is the principle of RHINO like that there is less recoil and the mechanism is housed in the butt

BIS IS WORKING ON VEHICLE INTERIORS!

Look what I found in the Gorgon! You can see this briefly while switching from turned in/turned out. I managed to snap a photo :yay:

http://imgur.com/TsOayKl

:cool:

Don't get your hopes up. The Grogon is most likely a port from the Army of the Czech Republik DLC for ArmA 2 which had 3 Interiors if I remember correctly.

AFAIK the only reason it has modeled interior for the driver compartment is because it can be seen from the passenger's compatrment.

We need traductors :p

Nothing new, they just present Arma 3 and explain how is the game.

My dutch understanding is bad (wasn't good at learning it ;) )

It'd be the Chiappa Rhino 60DS then -- the short optic rail just behind the front sight is the noticeable difference.

Called it.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?163110-Are-there-going-to-be-more-guns-in-final-release&p=2507252#post2507252

Guessing FNP-45 and Chiappa Rhino.

Because they were in the alpha files. You don't think anyone would look at Arma 3's meagre weapon selection and think "What this game needs most right now is more pistols!". They just went with the assets that are closest to being finished.

Makes sense to me, although we already have a .45 ACP handgun; the fastest route to more official content isn't "making all the Arma 2 things" (since they're not "up to Arma 3 standards" and Maruk said that they're not going to resource an effort to do so, hence the public release of the Arma 2 library) but rather promoting whatever was already in the pipeline and designed for the Arma 3 "standard" from the get-go.

I admit, it'll be amusing if Rhino is picked as the CSAT heavy pistol because "AAA name" shooters made "OPFOR revolvers" cool by using the MP412 REX. :lol: (Ghost Recon: Future Soldier also had the Rhino as the "Wild Boar" for Bodark Scouts as a behind-a-password-wall downloadable.)

Confirmed?
More like it being the sort of mess that would suggest why fast roping was left out... (if he couldn't get it to work)

Endstar is a Game Designer at Bohemia Trollactive

Confirmed?

Actually Bohemia Introllactive Simulations, which is a slight but important difference :icon_twisted:

Actually Bohemia Introllactive Simulations, which is a slight but important difference :icon_twisted:

So we are talking about towing or fast ropes for VBS? Damn....

So we are talking about towing or fast ropes for VBS? Damn....

VBS2 has physx ropes looong time ago - so it can be arma 3 related :icon_twisted:

Edited by RobertHammer

VBS2 has physx ropes looong time ago - so it can be arma 3 related :icon_twisted:

Unfortunately Endstar is BISim :P

Nevermind we have Lord Pettka who can make the PhysX magic! :icon_twisted:

Loosely translating 'Firstlook' interview from Dutch to (basic) English, I hope it's understandable... Basically said, they don't mention something new:

Reporter.: introducing the both Van het Land brothers. (misspelling Joris-jan's name, trying to be funny..).

Reporter: You guys have build a game?

Joris-Jan: That's right, we developed Arma 3 under the flag of Bohemia Interactive Studio's from the Czech Republic.

Reporter: You guys are indeed from Prague, but with a big team, not building a game with just the two of you guys alone. (continues to ask J.): So you're a developer?

Joris-Jan: I'm Project Lead, yes.

Reporter: asking Korneel: And you?

Korneel: Yeah eh, we both live in Prague, and I do the PR and marketing for Arma 3, (pointing at Joris-Jan.) He's the developer, and I more or less work behind the scened doing the promotion and so forth.

Reporter: So in short, Arma 3 is a wargame, but if people think it's an easy shoot-them-up then they're dead wrong, correct?

Joris-Jan: I'ts a more serious, according to some people a more hardcore shooter, I think it's playable for multitude of gamers, even if they're used to other types of shootergames. But (Arma 3) is slower paced, and you gotta invest more to get the best out of it; Running from cover to cover, and not to forget to take cover from enemy fire in order not to get killed.

Reporter: So it's a very realistic real life mimicking shooter?

Joris-Jan: For example, every bullet you fire has a ballistic curve, based on where the barrel points towards, high or low makes a difference as you don't fire in a straight line. Lots of those actions are being simulated from real life as example to our game and its gameplay.

Reporter: Ok. What sort of missions are to be found in the game?

Joris-Jan: Very varied actually, you don't have just infantry but also vehicles, helicopters, and now also submerged gameplay like scuba-diving. On some missions you're part of a squad getting to be ordered around by the AI, like for example attacking a base. And on other missions you are in charge, and you can give them commands like for example ordering around a whole tank-platoon, or a helicopter-squadron. Stuff like that.. All in all, very varied as I said.

Reporter: So it's not just shooting on enemies, but it also demands a bit of strategy the player has to keep in mind?

Joris-Jan: Basically yes, but there are all sorts of scenario's, not just made by us, but also a whole lot more of those made by the community, there's an editor ingame by which you can easily create your own missions with. But there's also an advanced editor modus. But when one's done editing one can upload their missions to the Steam-Workshop, and others can download it from there, installing it into the game, and play it. And we've seen some of the craziest ideas being put forth by the community. (IMHO: they seem to have liked it.)

Korneel: To sum it up, there are three main cores within the game: Authenticity, the simulation factor within the game. Secondly, diversity, one can fly a helicopter, drive a tank, be infantry. And the third is oppertunity. Taking chances. Within the mission itself you can do what you want, have your freedom on how to operate to be succesful. And as J. said we have an editor within the game, by which you can create missions fairly easy. And those can now be uploaded to Steam, and other people can download it from there. So there are lots of possibilities, so it's up to you on how you find your way within our game.

Reporter: So where do the missions take place? Are we in the snow in the Soviet Union, or where else do we go to this time around?

Joris-Jan: It are islands, bit Greece-like. Lots of Sunshine, lots of water around the islands aswell. Terrain is varied, one can see mountaineous area's, more forested parts, rocks, villages that sort of thing. And the difference with other shooters is, it are not multiple linear levels, it's a huge single open sandbox map where everything takes place on. It takes hours to walk from one side to the other side(ref to Altis), or you could fly.

Korneel: To be exact, what we're talking about here is Altis, the main Island of 270 km² And there's Stratis, being 20 km², still big, but Altis is gigantic..

Reporter: To conclude, you guys are based in Prague, is it fun to create games?

Joris-Jan: I'm not continuously in Prague, but I'm around for many years by now. I work for about 11 years for Bohemia Interactive Studio's, and Prague is a nice city with lots of restaurants and -- Reporter: Saucage! -- Joris-Jan: And beer!

Reporter: Please quickly tell us your website, and then we'll continue onwards to Dennis (other host of the TV program). Joris-Jan: www.Arma3.com.

Edited by Thani '82

From the newest sitrep

the Rahim CSAT marksman rifle with DMS marksman optic, 4-five pistol with MRD optic, and the Zubr revolver with Yorris optic.

let me translate that -the VS-121 marksman rifle with DMS marksman optic , FNP45 tactical with MRD optic and the Rhino revolver with Burris optic. :icon_twisted:

Edited by RobertHammer

And:

We also showed concept work for the CSAT CAS airplane and a new AAF IFV - part of the additions scheduled for the other two episodes.

More wait for ze planes?

I am very pleased that the AAF is getting some love with a new IFV, but is there any chance that the FIA faction is going to get some new equipment? or Civilians?

I was expecting new screenshots with today's Sitrep, I hope something for Thursday :)

A Tracked IFV will can be really good idea, other factions have tracked unit but not the AAF

concept work for the CSAT CAS airplane and a new AAF IFV

Geez, how long will we have to wait to get a look at the content that should have shipped with the gave. Sapre us the manufactured hype and just post the screens.