Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

I disagree, JC2's map was larger, more varied and nicer than Altis. While a lot of buildings in JC2's map are copypasted, so are most towns and buildings in Altis.

The vast majority of JC2 map consists of very much nothing since those parts weren't designed to be really "playable". One thing I can give BIS is that even with the general copy pasta on their maps they still manage to make areas look unique.

Chernarus was all forests and same looking buildings but you could instantly recognize where you are on the map.

Granted Altis has way too many boring plains and many hills are pretty empty. But urban areas look pretty nice.

darn, I don't think the Keltec KSG made it in for release :( Was lookin' through CfgWeapons.

Edited by Flakked

We can see shotguns on page 49 of the tactical guide ;)

The C -192 that some of you spotted seems to be the C-130 (from what you can read in tactical guide p. 254).

Edited by Papanowel

We can see shotguns on page 49 of the tactical guide ;)

The C -192 that some of yous spotted seems to be the C-130 (from what you can read in tactical guide p. 254).

ah, right you are! If it's in, I don't think its called the Bulldog in the Cfg... I was looking through the Cfg initially for a new "shotgun" (or something similar) prefix, but now that I see the AA-12 is returning from A2, it might be under rifles again.

Edited by Flakked

Same page as the shotguns, OPFOR's pistol has morphed into an FNP-45 like what was listed in the alpha files.

Not sure how accurate this guide is meant to be as it's chock full of references to things that only exist in hypothetical mods, like guns jamming and indepth wounding. Having entire sections devoted to things that don't exist ("Capturing a wounded player") isn't exactly helpful. Should have an editor go over it.

edit: I don't think we are getting a C-130/C192. If you look at the Helicopters section before it he references the UH1Y, V22 and CH53 as examples of the vehicle roles he's describing and posts pics of units using AllInArma. Likewise, I think the shotguns section is for describing specs & tactics should you find yourself in a custom mission that has shotguns. It's not saying "you are definitely getting shotguns", it's future-proofing itself against likely mod releases such as shotguns.

Edited by Trent

There's a lot in the guide which isn't in game, so don't expect shotguns and transport planes anytime soon.

Uh, I bet we are getting the things that are in the guide. Dslyecxi's guide also has the sage combat uniform and the woodland combat uniform. I really do expect that we will get the C-192 and the F-35 (it even has an Arma 3 up-to-standard damage model). I bet we will also get that Ghosthawk camo pattern as well. I only say that because he has the new combat uniforms, and everything from AiA he credits as from AiA.

I have to say this full release is the most buggy version of Arma3 yet. Through the Alpha and Beta (dev branch) i hardly encountered any bugs, but after just playing through some of the showcases for an hour or so i've encountered a tonne of bugs. Using the range finder, then going prone and switching to a weapon causes my character so just get stuck and spaz out. When using artillery tanks, and mortars, going to third person view after firing a round causes the view to get stuck pointing straight up. Textures on buildings go black and pop in and out. The tigris cannon causes the sound to screw up and freezes the game. That's just a few....

Uh, I bet we are getting the things that are in the guide. Dslyecxi's guide also has the sage combat uniform and the woodland combat uniform. I really do expect that we will get the C-192 and the F-35 (it even has an Arma 3 up-to-standard damage model). I bet we will also get that Ghosthawk camo pattern as well. I only say that because he has the new combat uniforms, and everything from AiA he credits as from AiA.

The sage uniform and woodland uniform textures are already ingame. The latter looks ugly, though, like a rush-job. It doesn't even have cuts at the seamlines and adjusted dirt layers. Doing those two things would take just five minutes...

The sage uniform and woodland uniform textures are already ingame. The latter looks ugly, though, like a rush-job. It doesn't even have cuts at the seamlines and adjusted dirt layers. Doing those two things would take just five minutes...

really? Looks alright to me, just a bit low quality. And the seams are there, just low quality as well.

I have to say this full release is the most buggy version of Arma3 yet. Through the Alpha and Beta (dev branch) i hardly encountered any bugs, but after just playing through some of the showcases for an hour or so i've encountered a tonne of bugs. Using the range finder, then going prone and switching to a weapon causes my character so just get stuck and spaz out. When using artillery tanks, and mortars, going to third person view after firing a round causes the view to get stuck pointing straight up. Textures on buildings go black and pop in and out. The tigris cannon causes the sound to screw up and freezes the game. That's just a few....

Best to post your issues here mate so they get the attention of the Devs

http://feedback.arma3.com/view_all_bug_page.php

really? Looks alright to me, just a bit low quality. And the seams are there, just low quality as well.

Nah, what I mean is that the fabric doesn't cut off at the seams. It's just a seamless pattern underneath, so it looks really weird. Picture provided below to show what I mean.

http://i.imgur.com/c6u4a63l.jpg (108 kB) BI Woodland

http://i.imgur.com/ZfSrFdRl.jpg (126 kB) Sample I threw together quick quick. What I mean is at the seamlines, the fabric has been cut, so the pattern does rarely if ever match on real uniforms. I find it an eyesore if it's not done, myself, because it makes the uniform look like a single piece of fabric with patterns painted on top, rather than assembled from different bands and cuts of fabric.

:exclamation: SHOCKING REVELATIONS :exclamation:

Developers celebrating with children champagne!!

/http://www.arma3.sk/2013/09/sok-takto-sa-v-bis-oslavuje-vydanie-arma-iii/

:cool:

Ahhhhh, nothing like camaraderie with the boys.....I'd love to be there drinking some cold ones with them in the heart of Europe. Awesome. Drink up, boys. Congratulations. :803:

Ps..... Just by looking at Ivan Buchta, you can tell he is a man's man and a party animal. Good times. :bounce3:

Edited by rehtus777

Considering all the forums rage here and on Steam, that video was actually heartening to watch. :lol:

Considering all the forums rage here and on Steam, that video was actually heartening to watch. :lol:

Rage? Come on, most people on these forum's come here to complain, the one's that are satisfied play the game and are quiet (Silent Majority). I remember when they released BF3, you'd think they released the biggest piece of junk ever on those EA forums, but in the end, it ended up being a classic for that genre and now they are going to pass COD. Nah.....no rage here, mate. Only spoiled little ones crying about the game IMHO.

For me it was more about seeing all the demands on the devs by posters, then watching the devs instead go drinking as if it were any other day. :p

They earned that drink, and they deserve our praise. Arma 3 is stunning.

For me it was more about seeing all the demands on the devs by posters, then watching the devs instead go drinking as if it were any other day. :p

Yep....agreed. BIS developers "march to their own tune." Sure, they hear us and are listening to the feed back, but in the end they do as they see fit. Their only mistake that I can see in that video is that instead of champagne, they should have had a Keg of Czechvar beer. :cheers:

Side note: I'm a homebrewer and a beer connoisseur. I've tasted all sorts of beers from every part of the earth. Let me tell you this: Czech beer is the greatest beer in the world. Germany is only second best....and that is saying something. Trust me, the Czech's make the greatest beer in the world....bar none (They probably learned from the Germans or the Monks :) or maybe from the German monks. hehehe).

Edited by rehtus777

Indeed. Well done in my opinion the game stands tall as a worthy sequel and Im constantly amazed by so many different aspects. Probably helps that I haven't used a single vehicle, drone or played any showcases till now :cool:

Congrats and success!

(Silent Majority).

You guys never cease to amaze me with your crystal balls that tell you exactly what you want to. It's amazing how you think the silent majority is of your own opinion. You know, with them being, like, silent ?