Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

REPORT IN! JAROSLAV KASNY – PLAYABLE CONTENT DESIGN_

http://www.arma3.com/news/report-in-jaroslav-kasny-playable-content-design

About this, no dedicated tutorial?

I think you are aiming for something like OFP with the built in tuto right at the start but I think some minor tuto or even a video (quick version of Dsy video?) to explain the stances and combat pace thing and overall weapon functions (seconday sights, adjustments, grenade throwing and change, hold breath (this one should be a dedicated key by default) and all that) would be very helpfull since the first contact that people have with the game is infantry.

Wait, Wait Wait, that means no tanks on release day? no artillery!? no campaign? and MORE?

:(

Next week (hopefully September 4th) we have another large development branch deployment planned for everyone who is already with us in the Beta. All of the rest of the sandbox content is to be staged on development branch - meaning tanks, artillery, static weaponry and more.

Pretty clear if you ask me.

Campaign:

The official campaign will be added in 3 Free DLC Episodes, available to everyone who owns Arma 3.

The date for that hasn't been set yet.

Wait, Wait Wait, that means no tanks on release day? no artillery!? no campaign? and MORE?

:(

No, by sandbox content they mean all of the "assets" like tanks, artillery and stationary objects. That will all hopefully be released on the dev branch come Sept 4th. By playable content, they mean missions and scenario's.

Yeah, GottyPlays, you read that totally wrong, the situation is as both bonham and Windies described... same way that we got Altis this week on dev branch, SITREP #00023 announces the intent to do the same with "tanks, artillery, static weaponry and more" next week. :D

Yeah, GottyPlays, you read that totally wrong, the situation is as both bonham and Windies described... same way that we got Altis this week on dev branch, SITREP #00023 announces the intent to do the same with "tanks, artillery, static weaponry and more" next week. :D

that's better! :D thanks

I was just reading a Dutch interview with the Arma 3 project lead, Joris-Jan van ’t Land:

http://www.gamer.nl/interview/432483/arma-3-de-laatste-loodjes

It says this:

Grafisch komen er zelfs na de release nog een aantal hele vette nieuwe features, waarschijnlijk met de eerste campagne-episode.

Roughly translated:

graphic-wise there's even after release going to be a few awesome new features, probably with the first campaign-episode.

What could it be? :rolleyes:

Rain, shadows (casting and soft shadows), double sun and rainbows.

graphic-wise there's even after release going to be a few awesome new features, probably with the first campaign-episode.

Intriguing.. Maybe the animated vehicle doors we had for a short while, or better rain.. Or the nice colored sunset/sunrise clouds which we had too..

edit:

I think the Feedback Tracker top-voted list here is a good reflection of. At the top we see something whatever I want, and I would like to do after the release, namely functional Bipods and resting arms on objects something with it. Another great desire is to shoot from passenger vehicles. This is unfortunately a lot harder to solve than people might realize. All in all, this list when planning our post-release patches and expansions definitely a good source of inspiration.

Sounds promising. :)

(i used google translate)

Edited by Zorg_DK

That suggests that the campaign episodes are going to be in the vein of Eagle Wing! Not just in each being mini-campaigns in and of themselves but that they'll be released as part of post-release patches.

That suggests that the campaign episodes are going to be in the vein of Eagle Wing! Not just in each being mini-campaigns in and of themselves but that they'll be released as part of post-release patches.

Yay for jets! Hopefully, they'll be included in the campaign DLC as well.

And deferred lighting would be great. No more headlights through walls

Which tells me that BI has some PR learning to do, since this is an implementation that could really have been spun better (read: BI getting ahead of the story) to emphasize "what we can guarantee by September 12 versus what we've actually got in the pipeline".

I'm excited by how he says a few new features - getting just one out of deferred shading, the nice clouds, improved rain etc would be great, and it seems like we might get them all!

Smurf, by double sun, do you mean this?

Intriguing.. Maybe the animated vehicle doors we had for a short while, or better rain.. Or the nice colored sunset/sunrise clouds which we had too..

edit:

I think the Feedback Tracker top-voted list here is a good reflection of. At the top we see something whatever I want, and I would like to do after the release, namely functional Bipods and resting arms on objects something with it. Another great desire is to shoot from passenger vehicles. This is unfortunately a lot harder to solve than people might realize. All in all, this list when planning our post-release patches and expansions definitely a good source of inspiration.

Sounds promising. :)

(i used google translate)

He didn't mention walking in vehicles? :(

Why would he, when he's probably the one who told the devs to go work on something else? :p

Which tells me that BI has some PR learning to do, since this is an implementation that could really have been spun better (read: BI getting ahead of the story) to emphasize "what we can guarantee by September 12 versus what we've actually got in the pipeline".

I think it's better they promisse nothing until it's confirmed Dev in Dev Branch on screenshots on our hands. :rolleyes:

Anyway, they probably don't speak too much about plans because we do what we are doing now.

Smurf, by double sun, do you mean this?

I mean COD Ghosts.

Or the nice colored sunset/sunrise clouds which we had too..

i was wondering about that too. i saw that on a loading screen and an official screenshot. so are you saying it was there but isn't anymore? :(

i was wondering about that too. i saw that on a loading screen and an official screenshot. so are you saying it was there but isn't anymore? :(

Yes, there was a update where this was possible. Now it isn't :(

I'm sure it will return. I thought it looked pretty good apart from certain settings at dusk and dawn - which I'll assume was the reason it was removed in the first place.

I'm sure it will return. I thought it looked pretty good apart from certain settings at dusk and dawn - which I'll assume was the reason it was removed in the first place.

Yep, that is why. A3 can look even more awesome!

damn i really hope so. that looks amazing. too bad i missed that mysterious build :( would've loved to see it in action

Saw it for a brief patch, twas truly beautiful but there was a glitch that when time struck 1 minute past, the clouds went from a lush pink/orange/red to blackish grey.

Yes, there was a update where this was possible. Now it isn't :(

Oh yeah, those clouds were so awesome. Especially at night, with the moon illuminating them! ;)

I hope the return soon.

Saw it for a brief patch, twas truly beautiful but there was a glitch that when time struck 1 minute past, the clouds went from a lush pink/orange/red to blackish grey.

Yeah ...this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JutD-K28fcc

The transition after half-way point.

even the pink/orange/red didnt look good.

It seemed like the color change appeared too late, when the sky was already too bright. So the very dark clouds against rather bright sky, and the coloured clouds looking quite ..psychedelic.

I miss the day- and night clouds though.

Edited by Azzur33