Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Biochemical weapons nice ;)

So one hit to those and everyone turns into zombies.

Good 1 8)-

Here's the problem with Arma 3 comparisons to DayZ in a nutshell... all this talk about what DayZ does "better" when in reality it's just Rocket's own publicly expressed wishes yet they have nothing publicly available to show for all of it because they still have yet to get the client-server architecture in a workable state to Rocket's satisfaction, and so many slipped deadlines this year alone (he does note that by December they had nothing to show for it development-wise) that they went from release dates to release windows to simply "whenever networking is done".

Remember seeing these mystical dromes for the first time? This is what's inside them :)

If BI would be DICE/EA, you would enter that/use the ABC-weapons and a then a message pops up saying: "You have used ABC-Weapons, please buy the ABC-DLC or DayZ now. The game gets automatically closed and you will redirected to the Origin Store". :D

they have nothing publicly available to show for all of it

Imagine what ArmA3 would have been with the DayZ team working on it. :) Team might be small, but has some rockstars on it.

Also, page 666.

Here's the problem with Arma 3 comparisons to DayZ in a nutshell... all this talk about what DayZ does "better" when in reality it's just Rocket's own publicly expressed wishes yet they have nothing publicly available to show for all of it because they still have yet to get the client-server architecture in a workable state to Rocket's satisfaction, and so many slipped deadlines this year alone (he does note that by December they had nothing to show for it development-wise) that they went from release dates to release windows to simply "whenever networking is done".

DayZ has a better wounding system as a mod already. ArmA3's primitive 100 hp system with no punishing effects for getting shot is nothing compared.

That's a one.

DayZ SA was also 2 years less in the works and has like 1/10 of ArmA3 team. And yet the progress Rocket's team show is amazing. Unlike ArmA3 team which has absolutely no passion for what they are doing.

Unlike ArmA3 team which has absolutely no passion for what they are doing.

I wouldn't say that, but somehow I keep thinking that the progress and passion in the development of A2 was higher. Did the team change a lot?

Hey guys I have a revolutionary idea. It's risky... and highly bold... here it comes... lets stay on topic.

Next person who goes offtopic gets a shiny infraction and repeated ofenders will get a temp ban from the thread.

Hey guys I have a revolutionary idea. It's risky... and highly bold... here it comes... lets stay on topic.

Next person who goes offtopic gets a shiny infraction and repeated ofenders will get a temp ban from the thread.

New era^^

In the very few news from the gamescom, i listen in the video new sounds for weapons in the infantry showcase . Maybe i'm crazy^^

Not nice news about a content than we have never see ?

And in my opinion, very few news about water scenario or how they would using it, only the sabotage for mine and the huge static submarine in a old screenshoot and after ? Disambarking from an boat (and chopper in a cutscene in scenario or campaign) and it's finish for the water...

And in my opinion, very few news about water scenario or how they would using it, only the sabotage for mine and the huge static submarine in a old screenshoot and after ? Disambarking from an boat (and chopper in a cutscene in scenario or campaign) and it's finish for the water...

So what ;) IMO developing underwater stuff is a waste of time, on the gamer side I cannot see any interest in that at all. Waiting eagerly for new Gamescom coverage (seen 2 vids so far) and for Altis on Monday. Why do I have to work, aaargh.

I for one loves the new clouds and underwater stuff... I spend half of my time flying and scuba diving. It completes the whole sandbox.

Very nice video the one from Gamestar. At the end it is stated that BI plan to support and extend the game for several years. Not really unexpected info, but nevertheless nice to hear the support timespan is measured in years :-)

I for one loves the new clouds and underwater stuff... I spend half of my time flying and scuba diving. It completes the whole sandbox.
At this point the underwater stuff is more immersive and actually exciting than Altis.

At this point the underwater stuff is more immersive and actually exciting than Altis.

Well, gamescom and release in general would be more exciting if they'd show off new content, and not just what we've already seen (like UAVs/UGVs and tanks, where there isn't really much to show).

Well, gamescom and release in general would be more exciting if they'd show off new content, and not just what we've already seen (like UAVs/UGVs and tanks, where there isn't really much to show).

Hard to show more when there is nothing more. Community will take the part of delivering the content. Like the game before. And the game before that. And the game before that.

Hard to show more when there is nothing more. Community will take the part of delivering the content. Like the game before. And the game before that. And the game before that.

Pretty sure there's more than just UAVs and tanks though.

That is all the content. Aside from the PDW 2000 and AA vehicles the new island is the only major thing we haven't seen in detail.

Well, we didn't see the artillery.

Yea, I want to see the MLRS and the other big artillery guns.

Well, we didn't see the artillery.

One of the videos you saw MRLS softening up targets at the beginning of the Tanks Showcase as you flew in.

I was expecting everyone to be making overjoyed noises about the tank damage improvements. Now we can kill crew, get in rear armor shots, etc.

I was expecting everyone to be making overjoyed noises about the tank damage improvements. Now we can kill crew, get in rear armor shots, etc.

We do ? Any source for that ?