Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

I don't care much about fixed-wing aircrafts, I hoped we will see more information regarding the features that will be added post-release, instead of no promises...oh, f*/- it, I still wonder myself why I am talking about this...I wll now shut up because there is no point to talk about this anyway...kthxbye on this topic.

arma 2 had the harrier x2, A10 x2, and F35... 5 in total! in one faction

so now we only get 1 each? seriously?

A2 will always win

Edited by tyl3r99

so now we only get 1 each? seriously?

Seriously, you are blind ? you know the game since ten years, you post 50 answers per day, create your own topic with 80% of your only answers^^ and you don't see that ! :638:

Since one week we know that.

Bye bye Mr Infraction(s) of the forum^^

"harrier x2, A10x2"?! Have you even thought that trough... ?

Please read and try to understand the SITREP.

BIS doesn't want to just plainly re-use these jets again so instead you'll get new ones. They will be there. They just simply don't have the manpower/resources to finish it for the initial release.

"harrier x2, A10x2"?! Have you even thought that trough... ?

Please read and try to understand the SITREP.

BIS doesn't want to just plainly re-use these jets again so instead you'll get new ones. They will be there. They just simply don't have the manpower/resources to finish it for the initial release.

They have taken other things from VBS2 why no add the X Ka-52,Su-34,Su-25 and Su-22 at least as fillers till there done with what ever they are making.

Really enjoyed BIS answer, i understand the frustration with the final release because it still doesn't looks like the game is finished, but i still have hope that they will add lots of content, because tbh i find the actual list quite small and from what i've heard of BIS they really care about their costumers and their game quality.

From what i read about A2 it made HUGE improvements from its initial state to what it is now, even without mods and by what BIS seems to be planning they will work hard to ensure the community issues will be fixed.

Still its just what i believe and hope that will happen, i don't like the way the game is being release, it seems rushed but i still don't have it in my hands so i can be very wrong, and if it after release support work then i believe A3 will show to be amazing!

Everyone happy now?:confused:

There's nothing to be happy about. Nobody knows when it will happen and BIS has so many post-release promises I doubt they will make every one of them true. At least for free.

Instead of scrapping 2 years of work they needed to finish it, not change direction into a clearly wrong one.

They have taken other things from VBS2 why no add

If ArmA2 content isn't high enough quality to add there's absolutely nothing in VBS2 that would be able to be added based on quality. :) They are extremely specific that there will be no "filler" content, only splendidly polished content.

There's nothing to be happy about..

LOL! Sorry but your melancholy seems to have reached new heights or is it lows? IIRC, didn't you win a free copy VBS2? Can't you write a few sunshine and rainbow goodiness posts about your free awesomeness :pet12:

This place is getting out of control. 20 pages of "OMG only 1 Jet!" and then the clouds part, BI sends down commandment #1289 "Thall shall inherit more Jets -with patience." and the general response "meh, didn't really care bout them anyway..".

This beast has a bottomless stomach....

Edited by froggyluv

There's nothing to be happy about. Nobody knows when it will happen and BIS has so many post-release promises I doubt they will make every one of them true. At least for free.

Instead of scrapping 2 years of work they needed to finish it, not change direction into a clearly wrong one.

How and why should anybody know when it will happen? All that can be known is if it will or will not happen. You have an answer. It will happen. They are being worked on right now and I think it's safe to say it won't take a year. Also, we are talking about the jets. They will be free. You don't have to doubt anything.

There is nothing to finish if you are over-ambitious and don't really have the resources required... "It wasn't optimal to show placeholder and prototype content before we knew we could finish it"

There is no "clearly" wrong direction in going quality over quantity; especially not from a player's perspective.

Arma is not a flight simulator, so it's obvious that it will only takes a few minutes to fly over the map with a jet. That doesn't change anything though, as the map is still enormous, and jets are awesome! I really hope BI adds more later!

It's not only jets. On an island of this size, transport planes would help a lot. You can't fly your troops to a far off point on the map and para drop them if you don't have transport planes. The one jet would still mean that there is at least something to fill that role, but there is absolutely no transport plane at all.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Agreed, which makes the huge drama over "OMG, only one jet at release!" quite incomprehensible.

Sigh...

Planes are not only in the game to be flown by a player. What about CAS ? It's not a flight sim, but CAS is something that is essential to warfare. What about transports ? And what about immersion ? It's not a civilian simujlator, but there's civilians in it. I wonder how you want to present an authentic war scenario without any planes in it ?

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Everyone happy now?:confused:

It's a good start, for sure... if the post-release support is OFP style, I'm almost content

I'm happy about CAS coming, but transport planes are an absolute requirement and there's been no mention of them at all from BIS. Considering that ejecting from helicopters is killing player and AI alike quite often, I guess we'll be walking around Altis mostly. :)

There is no "clearly" wrong direction in going quality over quantity; especially not from a player's perspective.

What exactly was the increase in quality that came from having less units compared to those we saw in A2, allowing for the "inflation rate" for graphics?

I think what most people overlook is that only one jet is a low number. It's normal to be disappointed, and I bet BIS themselves are disappointed they couldn't add more. What I don't understand is who people see the need to sell this as good news or as not an issue. It is an issue, one that BIS obviously wants to address but the timeframe and the "if" of that is questionable still.

So yes, while I can perfectly understand the reasoning for only having one jet in the game which is a re-used ACR jet, I don't see why people try to sell this as "not a big deal".

Because the same people that tell me that commercial realities force them to release the game now are the ones that ignore said realities when it comes to after-launch support. Plans change, people get assigned to new projects. Bad sales force a company to abandon a project earlier. These are all things I can appreciate and understand, but they don't change the fact that only having one jet in the release version of Arma 3 IS an issue.

How and why should anybody know when it will happen? All that can be known is if it will or will not happen. You have an answer. It will happen. They are being worked on right now and I think it's safe to say it won't take a year. Also, we are talking about the jets. They will be free. You don't have to doubt anything.

The point is that the game at release will still have poor amount of content and after that it's who knows how much waiting until BIS will start adding stuff one by one in patches. And thus it can easily take a year before the game is actually final and not an alpha renamed full release. Then there are also other promises (like bipods, proper rain and TOH FM) - man I guess that's a lot of patching to come.

And it's not just jets, we need transport planes too. A2 and OA had them (one of which is Osprey). But ArmA3 will not despite a bigger island.

BIS will add the content that should've been there in the first place nobody knows when - I must be happy.

There is nothing to finish if you are over-ambitious and don't really have the resources required... "It wasn't optimal to show placeholder and prototype content before we knew we could finish it"

They've thrown 2 years of development into a trash bin and as a result we got a game inferior to ArmA2 in almost everything but graphics and movement (which themselves still have a ton of issues). Nobody to blame but themselves.

As for resources - they have a biggest team in a history of ArmA and yet here we are.

Actually BIS was going quantity over quality (do you want just 2 tanks but with cockpits like RO2 or many of them?) But there's neither quality nor quantity. BIS got rid of cockpits even for APCs and we still have less content than ArmA2 vanilla yet even what we have has copy-pasted assets (like HMG and GMG across them) and re-used content from ArmA2 DLCs without any improvements.

I think what most people overlook is that only one jet is a low number. It's normal to be disappointed, and I bet BIS themselves are disappointed they couldn't add more. What I don't understand is who people see the need to sell this as good news or as not an issue. It is an issue, one that BIS obviously wants to address but the timeframe and the "if" of that is questionable still.

So yes, while I can perfectly understand the reasoning for only having one jet in the game which is a re-used ACR jet, I don't see why people try to sell this as "not a big deal".

Because the same people that tell me that commercial realities force them to release the game now are the ones that ignore said realities when it comes to after-launch support. Plans change, people get assigned to new projects. Bad sales force a company to abandon a project earlier. These are all things I can appreciate and understand, but they don't change the fact that only having one jet in the release version of Arma 3 IS an issue.

Amen.

The point is that the game at release will still have poor amount of content and after that it's who knows how much waiting until BIS will start adding stuff one by one in patches. And thus it can easily take a year before the game is actually final and not an alpha renamed full release. Then there are also other promises (like bipods, proper rain and TOH FM) - man I guess that's a lot of patching to come.

And it's not just jets, we need transport planes too. A2 and OA had them (one of which is Osprey). But ArmA3 will not despite a bigger island.

Actually BIS was going quantity over quality (do you want just 2 tanks but with cockpits like RO2 or many of them?) But there's neither quality nor quantity. BIS got rid of cockpits even for APCs and we still have less content than ArmA2 vanilla yet even what we have has copy-pasted assets (like HMG and GMG across them) and re-used content from ArmA2 DLCs without any improvements.

When Beta was released I always wondered what would be patched-in until the release. I hoped it was a fully playable military environment.

But here we are. I am not about complaining, but in my humble opinion BI should delay the release to a later point this year. It would cut of some serious things, I'm quite sure, but as it is now it isn't even a real game, speaking of ArmA3 as a AAA-game.

Something inside of me died when I read that the campaign is going to be released as a "Free-DLC" later.

I literally started crying what was going on there. BIS showed us big plans about A3, but all the came up with until now was a half-finished game.

I don't want to be mistaken as "talking-bad" about the game, it's still great. But as a fan of the series I am not feeling about ArmA3 as a finished product, ready to be released....

Have you seen how many tickets he mades in the tracker ? BIS asked for feedback, he delivers. Much more usefull than user with low standards.

There is a difference between making bug reports, and expressing negative attitudes. BIS asked for bug reports. The negative attitude doesn't help ANYTHING. I don't think the "impossible to please" sentiment is a result of anyone's reports in the tracker.

It would be nice if BIS provides us with a small list of "maybe" and "definately not" features (including vehicles/units/aircraft of course).

That was a very informative sitrep, sounds good to me BI is working on two new CAS jets now. Can't wait for Altis and more units.

They've thrown 2 years of development into a trash bin and as a result we got a game inferior to ArmA2 in almost everything but graphics and movement (which themselves still have a ton of issues). Nobody to blame but themselves.

As for resources - they have a biggest team in a history of ArmA and yet here we are.

What is your point? Where "We" are?

I have a good feeling about the Future(!) of Arma 3.

There is a lot of Us, too.

Those who feel themselves overly disappointed, should just sign out and stay with Arma 2 and check the progress of Arma 3 again in 12 months.

There is a difference between making bug reports, and expressing negative attitudes. BIS asked for bug reports. The negative attitude doesn't help ANYTHING. I don't think the "impossible to please" sentiment is a result of anyone's reports in the tracker.

Because there are many design flaws in Arma 3. BIS said Arma 3 is an infantry centric game, ok pretty good, then why it's still the same old animation system as OFP where you cannot switch weapons on the fly, a system so old that Rocket is re-designing it completely for Dayzzzzz a non infantry centric game ? Should we speak about the quality over quantity formula ? There are some jet in the game already and those are vehicules when they collides with a tree. Whatever as usual Arma 3 will be the best game ever in 2 years just like Arma 2, history repeat itself.

But here we are. I am not about complaining, but in my humble opinion BI should delay the release to a later point this year. But as a fan of the series I am not feeling about ArmA3 as a finished product, ready to be released....

Should We actually worry at All about what kind of reviews Arma 3 gets?

Or should We worry how people who have no idea what Arma series is about, feel about the game after they have chosen to buy it?

Those total newbies to the whole Armaverse either like it or hate it no matter how "finished" the product is (from this point to near future).

We, as "veterans" are the most mean and strict critics the game will ever have. We know what to ask and what to hope, and to be disappointed if we don't get things like "weapon resting" or "fast roping" or "correct weapon sounds" or "'TOH'-flight model"s.

For a newbie, Arma 3 will be full of new cool things when they'll buy it on 12. day or later.

Top priority for the artists is making two more jets for the other two factions! Thanks BIS!

Should We actually worry at All about what kind of reviews Arma 3 gets?

Or should We worry how people who have no idea what Arma series is about, feel about the game after they have chosen to buy it?

Well, people who have no idea what Arma series is all about will look to the reviews Arma 3 gets to decide if they want to choose to buy it or not. So yeah, reviews are kinda important. :)