Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Never said mission making was easy. We shouldn't change the game because in your opinion you think mission makers suck at balancing. It takes time to make good missions and it takes skilled mission makers. There were many missions me and my freinds loved to play and thought were balanced. If you want the most balance, Kju makes a mod called PvPScene which is for balanced PvP.

In other words, we should have the L-159 as the game's only jet or have it go against an F-35 in an otherwise fairly symmetric setting because you like the challenge and nothing should be changed for the sake of balance.

From the IRC channel, take all with a grain of salt:

TKoH is not discarted but has very low priority.

Dwarden favorite food are nachos and some czech things.

Java is on hold, might be axed.

Rivers and streams, maybe just in the next version of the engine.

Rain may be back monday on Dev Branch.

New version of the tools after release.

"there is more fish types on coral reef than we made all vehicles and weapons in past decade"

Edited by Smurf

I wonder, what happened to the lakes like in Chernarus ? in AiA, trying to go for a dive can become very dangerous. Stratis doesn't have them, and I haven't seen any lake on Altis either (well, not in any of the screenshots/videos, anyway)...

hear, hear! Let's hope...

I wonder, what happened to the lakes like in Chernarus ? in AiA, trying to go for a dive can become very dangerous. Stratis doesn't have them, and I haven't seen any lake on Altis either (well, not in any of the screenshots/videos, anyway)...

They haven't said that lakes / ponds will not be on the Island. Just the running water stuff.

They haven't said that lakes / ponds will not be on the Island. Just the running water stuff.

Yeah, but I haven't seen any in any screenshot or video, and looking at some map shots of Altis, there wasn't any lakes visible either... And given the problems they have in AiA, I'm wondering if Altis will have any water (except sea water)

Half-life 3 confi.. I mean Arma4 confirmed. :P

Hopefully your question will be answered later on tonight!

Unfortunately, they will probably not read anything right now, probably too busy playing :D

That's why I still hope for a Q&A session...maybe collect questions from the forum or a chat and answer the most frequently asked ones... this would "bundle" the information and would probably avoid a lot of confusion...

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

I have an important question about the UAV:

in ArmA 2, the reaper was almost unusable - and it was impossible to use it in an offensive way because of a sucking weapon system.

so now, how about the new fixed wings UAV? will there be easier to use and have effective firepower? will it finally BE possible to lock and shoot the missiles? or even not to lock, but place the UAV in the way we want to fire the missile?

thanks

In other words, we should have the L-159 as the game's only jet or have it go against an F-35 in an otherwise fairly symmetric setting because you like the challenge and nothing should be changed for the sake of balance.

They would be more suited for partner missions, and yes we don't need things artificially balanced because you can find millions of games that already do that. Why do you want them to fight 1v1 so much? War isn't balanced. The F-35 is a 5th generation fighter while the L-159 is not. Why do you want two aircraft of very different designs and roles/uses and again I ask why we are arguing over that you want to "balance" two very different aircraft of different roles and designs to make "your" game "better"?

The L-159 seems to be AAF/Independent faction aircraft, and they are intended to be somewhat inferior, we still did not seen BLUFOR and OPFOR jets.

Blufor and Opfor won't have jets on release apparently. They do have fixed wing UAVs which the AAF doesn't have so I guess it balances itself out. (UAV's are more versatile than jets imo, since they have thermal and can be automated)

Such a shame, I thought new fixed wing aircraft systems / model improvements were the reasons only 1 jet was included..

They would be more suited for partner missions, and yes we don't need things artificially balanced because you can find millions of games that already do that. Why do you want them to fight 1v1 so much?

That raises the question: what exactly isn't artificial balance in your opinion? In a setting where a futuristic Western military fights against a futuristic Eastern military, how would the inclusion of a well-performing Eastern jet fighter along with a Western counterpart be artificial in any way to you? How artificial are all the other assets that Bohemia Interactive decided to include in the game?

War isn't balanced.

Isn't that the cutest little phrase we've never heard before from the "we don't want balance because we don't even know what it means" crowd. Food for thought: war isn't fun either.

The F-35 is a 5th generation fighter while the L-159 is not. Why do you want two aircraft of very different designs and roles/uses and again I ask why we are arguing over that you want to "balance" two very different aircraft of different roles and designs to make "your" game "better"?

At the risk of breaking some forum rule: are you sailing with the full crew up there? It seems that you've constructed a fantasy version of this inane discussion in your head where I make the claim that the L-159 and the F-35 should have equal performance in the game, whereas in reality I've already explained to you that I'm talking about having comparable assets to begin with, i.e. two planes on opposing sides that have similar real-life capabilities. You, on the other hand, want artificial imbalance in a setting that doesn't call for it because you like a good ol' challenge and "war isn't balanced".

And all that despite the fact that the A 143 Buzzard is the only jet confirmed to appear in Arma 3. I don't know which crevice you pulled the F-35 from, but the arguments you make with it are awful.

Edited by Celery

TKoH is not discarted but has very low priority.

Dwarden favorite food are nachos and some czech things.

Java is on hold, might be axed.

"there is more fish types on coral reef than we made all vehicles and weapons in past decade"

Actually, although not directly linked to arma III, Ivan B mentioned he was working on placing streams on the Chernarus + map in the latest DayZ videblog thingy.

I thought nothing of it as I assumed it was a language barrier and he meant ponds and lakes.

Why is the icon for the "included weapons" the silhouette of an M4, not an included weapon? :)

Why is the icon for the "included weapons" the silhouette of an M4, not an included weapon? :)

Ssh kylania you're meant to not reveal that easter egg! :D

Half-life 3 confi.. I mean Arma4 confirmed. :P

Take your time BIS, ArmA 3 will have long-life. Expect long list of the wishlist features that HAD to be in-game - in the world where "axed" word is taboo!!

Another argument to stay alive. Curiosity if there will be ALL features in the next ArmA iteration? :p

Take your time BIS, ArmA 3 will have long-life. Expect long list of the wishlist features that HAD to be in-game - in the world where "axed" word is taboo!!

Another argument to stay alive. Curiosity if there will be ALL features in the next ArmA iteration? :p

Come to think of it, wouldn't it be more practical if all the things they couldn't do previously were eventually added in A3. Even the axed ones. It may take years, but would probably be better than a quickly churned out ArmA4 with those features.

It would be more practical if it wouldn't broke the missions and campaign(s). Anyway BIS as developers have to make money of game developing so I don't think they will throw out the idea of developing ArmA 4. It just sells. Question is it will be more of the marketing stunt to appeal more to the mainstream gamers or ArmA game that wants to be 'Ultimate ArmA Game Ever' that could probably appeal to all ArmA fans and most of the mainstream gamers that play/would like to play realistic gameplay like RO, PR but without drawbacks in the area of physics, graphics, animations, sound and environmental destruction.

Depends on BIS.

they said years ago that not everything will make it into A3, so its logical that they will start to break down the engine the right after the release.

btw. game 2 was supposed to fix evetything, Arma 3 too. Maybe the universe is against them.

they said years ago that not everything will make it into A3, so its logical that they will start to break down the engine the right after the release.

btw. game 2 was supposed to fix evetything, Arma 3 too. Maybe the universe is against them.

Such is life in the Zone...