Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Sadly, if you look at this whole situation realistically, there is no way we going to see even Ep1 of the Campaign before 2014, considering all the planned AI changes/fixes.

Holy crap, that's a lot of pessimism :p

Thanks for the answer neo.

@kylania: I used ADuke helos in which fastrope WAS DIRECTLY INTEGRATED, and I never suffered any bug.

To me it was a very decent feature, not a tech demo :)

Oh, I was thinking of norrin's firing from vehicles thing I think, not fastrope. Totally wish we had PhysX fast roping in game.

IMO It would be nice to see some Parachutes for airborne operations, an Opsrey with possibly an under-belly Minigun. Oh and of course a C-130J, a F-35B, maybe even an F-23/F-22? It would be nice to see. :)

Oh no, not the F-23, that jet looks awful...

I don't think the F-22 would make much sense in ArmA gameplay, since it's a (high altitude?) air superiority fighter: no mud operations with an F-22! At least no efficient mud operations... :D

An F/A-18 could be a nice all rounder, but it is mainly carrier based and I'm quite sure I read somewhere that the campaign plot doesn't call for a carrier...

Maaaybe a Tranche 4 EF-2000? The one with full mud capabilities? Especially because it is fairly superior to F-35 in pretty much every air to ground aspect, from loadouts to sheer specs, and let's not talk about AA possibilities... The only things the F-35 beats the EF-2000 in are stealth and the B and C version capabilities to operate on carriers...

And let's not forget the German EF-2000s hammered quite consistently the American F-22s in the latest Red Flag Exercise... :p

Yay!

IMO It would be nice to see some Parachutes for airborne operations, an Opsrey with possibly an under-belly Minigun. Oh and of course a C-130J, a F-35B, maybe even an F-23/F-22? It would be nice to see. :)

C-130J is too old, a port of it to Arma 3 would be stupid because more modern aircraft are used even currently.

MV-22's would work fine as HALO units.

And, theres a new cargo plane in development by brazilian EMBRAER.Its supposed to compete with the Hercules in the international market.

kc390xc130.jpg

kc-390.jpg

And they look great too. :D

Edited by Alistair

MV-22's would work fine as HALO units.

And, theres a new cargo plane in development by brazilian EMBRAER.Its supposed to compete with the Hercules in the international market.

http://imageshack.us/a/img375/3834/kc390xc130.jpg

http://en.mercopress.com/data/cache/noticias/37588/0x0/kc-390.jpg

And they look great too. :D

We could also have the Alenia C-27J Spartan, The Boeing C-17 Globemaster III, or The Lockheed C-5 Galaxy.

C-130J is too old, a port of it to Arma 3 would be stupid because more modern aircraft are used even currently.

Too old? Lockheed aren't even finished with the production of all their orders.

The C-130J are the newest versions of the c-130 aircrafts that will probably be in service in air forces around the world for 20+ years, not stupid at all to have them in arma III.

We could also have the Alenia C-27J Spartan, The Boeing C-17 Globemaster III, or The Lockheed C-5 Galaxy.

C5 and C17 are vey huge we don't need a plane to travel the world just one to cross the island to do halo jump and small supply drop.

C-390, C-27j, A-400m and C-130 are nice, its a very good idea !

Game should have just been delayed till sometime next year for them to actually finish it. This "release" isn't a release, it's extended beta.

This is not true, we keep our eyes and ears aiming at what the community wants, sometimes, it just depends if we are able to deliver in time.

Take your time. This whole community is the most important thing for me when i think about BIS. Take your time, fix things think about the community and don't release now.

Game should have just been delayed till sometime next year for them to actually finish it. This "release" isn't a release, it's extended beta.

That`s what I thought.

As a PC gamer I'm used to delayed publications. I have to admit at purchasing the Alpha I never believed they will make it before december, Q3 impossible. And now BIS is releasing in Q3 weeks before this deadline is even reached. But I have to admit that I`m looking forward to the explanations coming next week as how the DLC`s will work out for a full gaming experience.

Considering that this game itself IS digital (due to being a Steamworks game) why the talk of "DLCs" as if they're necessarily separate purchases?

I get your point, but.

Considering that this game itself IS digital [...]
:p

Hey, I can say that when the discs are just going to be Steam installers burned to DVD. :p

Let me tell you what . . . If I would have been responsable for scrapping a project after 2 years in development and start nearly from scratch. My boss would get my ass fired in a Detroit second. The fact that you scrape something means that you have not a clear vision of what you are supposed to do. You do not stop development due to 2 members going missing for months due to an unfortunate circumstance. You tap the situation and keep going on with the project.
Whereas I suspect that "the responsibility" goes higher than Joris/DnA and Jay/RiE... maybe even all the way to the top.
Oh, I was thinking of norrin's firing from vehicles thing I think, not fastrope. Totally wish we had PhysX fast roping in game.
The thing here is, I distinctly remember OldBear's Gamescom 2012 report (hosted on Armed Assault Info) specifying that Ivan said that fast-roping was out; therefore (like "3D Editor") it was cut before the current project lead, who simply never publicly floated the possibility of its return, so I'm not sure if I'd actually call it "axed" as opposed to "wasn't/hasn't been in the cards for a LONG time"... just like both an official 3D Editor and the disguise system.
An F/A-18 could be a nice all rounder, but it is mainly carrier based and I'm quite sure I read somewhere that the campaign plot doesn't call for a carrier...
Does the F/A-18 (any variant) support launch from an amphibious assault ship such as the Wasp-class of which USS Khe Sanh was a (fictional) member? If not, then that's a separate, new, "full-size" carrier model that would have to be made to go with the Hornet or Super Hornet...
And let's not forget the German EF-2000s hammered quite consistently the American F-22s in the latest Red Flag Exercise... :p
I recall the story about that being that it was (all?) WVR... which, considering the seeming doctrine behind the F-22 (BVR ALL DAY EVERY DAY) doesn't even surprise me.

An A400M would fit the job nicely, IMO :).

If it ever gets finished, maybe.

Good stuff.

But here is what they should drive to GamesCom......

The EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle

assult.jpg

EM-50: Based on Motor Home; Hideaway Armor Plating; Missiles; Periscope; One big cannon; Twin Flame Throwers; Am/Fm Radio and Cassette Player.

Maybe someone can Mod this into the game :p

John Winger: "C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like going into Wisconsin."

Side Note: Yes, it's off topic, but I thought we could use some laughter around here........

Edited by rehtus777

This "release" isn't a release, it's extended beta.

Old habits die hard huh? :rolleyes:

But at least this time they're providing a more stable base than ever before and there is no way to deny that.

Less content on the other hand I really can't understand, even more those units in screens from years ago (I know you had to redo them, QA and all that, but still!)

Old habits die hard huh? :rolleyes:

But at least this time they're providing a more stable base than ever before and there is no way to deny that.

Less content on the other hand I really can't understand, even more those units in screens from years ago (I know you had to redo them, QA and all that, but still!)

I'm not sure how stable of a base it is, I still have tons of issue's in multiplayer from terrible performance and stuttering to entities not syncing properly and warping everywhere to AI that get shot and don't die for 2 seconds and are still able to react and kill you within that time. That's just to point out a few issue's I've seen. Single player does seem to be a lot better and I was kind of hoping the campaign would tide me over until they could fix the multiplayer, but with the lack of content and the short showcases at release it really does feel like it's just extending the beta while driving up the price and calling it release quality.

I'm not sure how stable of a base it is, I still have tons of issue's in multiplayer from terrible performance and stuttering to entities not syncing properly and warping everywhere to AI that get shot and don't die for 2 seconds and are still able to react and kill you within that time. That's just to point out a few issue's I've seen. Single player does seem to be a lot better and I was kind of hoping the campaign would tide me over until they could fix the multiplayer, but with the lack of content and the short showcases at release it really does feel like it's just extending the beta while driving up the price and calling it release quality.

Watch the livestream on Saturday and see what they say.....you can send them questions, they might answer some of them. Also, I guess in 34 days you're gonna find out how good it is.......

One last thing: Even if the Final Release starts out a little Rough (like what happened to BF3), the product will gain sales over the months as it is smoothed out (just like BF3). Prediction.......by January 2014, all will be forgotten and ArmA 3 will be considered a classic. Mark my words....make me eat crow if I'm wrong. One of the main reasons ArmA 3 is doing so well on Steam is because people LIKE IT and the word is getting out how beautiful the game is and how smooth the game mechanics are in game. Most people know that it takes several months after Final Release to iron out the wrinkles.

I imagine that you're playing stable branch? That would to some extent explain the problem... so long without a stable branch patch and thus no immediate access to the AI improvements on dev branch. :(

I imagine that you're playing stable branch? That would to some extent explain the problem... so long without a stable branch patch and thus no immediate access to the AI improvements on dev branch. :(

No I'm playing on the dev branch and I've quite noticed the AI improvements and I'm very thankful for them. What I'm talking about seems to be maybe network syncing issue's, possibly server related but I've seen it happen on a lot of different servers from custom missions I've made playing with 2 friends to domination servers. As to what the large performance hit is in multiplayer, I have no clue but I've created missions and tested them out with a friend hosting on a much better computer than mine and seeing the same thing I see on dedicated servers, a almost consistent drop of 20-30 fps in the exact same scenario between single player and multiplayer and it's exacerbated the longer the mission or server runs for.

Tbph, I have not had any issues with multiplayer, maybe I am lucky? If so, your all welcome to come onto the same server as me when I am playing! :P

Just so people know, in the GUI files for training & tutorials was a whole segment on VTOL operation with a lovely big icon of a V22 taking off. What could have been...