Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Things I want now: Sitrep for the week and new content. That is all for now

Thanks for the kind words, but you're mistaken. I am part of the team of talented folks bringing Arma 3's campaign together. :)

Honestly, I can wait for the campaign. I just want to know what the factions are and what the general background story is, and if/how it's changed from E3 2011 and E3 2012.

sitrep is today :) and content im guessing friday?

Things I want now: Sitrep for the week and new content. That is all for now

all i want is altis and continued work on the AI :) ohh and maybe jets.

Releasing the game unfinished would be the worst mistake to make. Please take your time, delay the release date until you finish the game. The reviews will not be forgiving at all. Also, playing the single-player campaign is always prior to getting into multiplayer. In addition to that, the co-op against AI is one of the major playing ways in multiplayer, if AI is not ready enough then the experience is hugely affected. You should release the game in full playable package.

Or maybe you don't care now since you got our money?:confused:

Or maybe you don't care now since you got our money?:confused:

Up until that point I thought it was a decent post for someone new to the forums. Now I have ignored everything that you have said. No need for snide comments.

If you mean that I'm being sarcastic, then I'm not. I'm seriously afraid that BI think lazily like that. Yes, they are one of the best developers who listen to their fans, but that doesn't mean that the basic human instincts is not there. I hope I'm clear about what I want to say.

Up until that point I thought it was a decent post for someone new to the forums. Now I have ignored everything that you have said. No need for snide comments.

I don't think he was being snide and frankly the thought has crossed my mind as well.

I don't think he was being snide and frankly the thought has crossed my mind as well.

Here is another screenshot of Altis posted by Ivan on twitter

http://i.imgur.com/VFmVfxC.jpg

Does this mean that Ivan is working on A3? I sure hope so! :) Those are pretty large hills. Reminds me of Nogova!

Does this mean that Ivan is working on A3? I sure hope so! :) Those are pretty large hills. Reminds me of Nogova!

It would seem he works on both dayz and Arma 3 at the moment.

Little concerned with the idea the factions need to be balanced in ARMA 3, are BIS going to start esports-ifying ARMA? :(

Here is the promised blog explaining details regarding the campaign and other important decisions :)

Please take a moment to read it.

Edited by PurePassion

Little concerned with the idea the factions need to be balanced in ARMA 3, are BIS going to start esports-ifying ARMA? :(

Factions are not balanced, take a closer look at their weaponry and vehicles. The best possible example may be helicopters - while BLUE have designated light, transport and attack one, RED have medium one and heavy one multi-role choppers, not to mention the GREENs :icon_twisted:

The "episode" concept is interesting, and it's better to have a good campaign released later than to have a buggy one from start!

Does anyone see any jets on the vehicle list?

Also there's no static mortar under weapons list.

Probably just an oversight, since the static mortar already exists. Also, jets are mentioned on the "countdown" page for the AAF showcase.

As for the campaign, at least now we have a time frame. (First episode within four weeks of release.)

Nope - good catch. Under AAF showcase..."Review Arma 3's AAF faction and attend the fixed-wing demonstration

Dear BIS can we get info please to avoid anyone thinking fixed wing has been cut;-)

Anyone think the Weapon list looks thin....... No shotguns? No airburst launcher (whatever it's called)

Looks like we're not seeing any Russians..... pity

Probably just an oversight, since the static mortar already exists. Also, jets are mentioned on the "countdown" page for the AAF showcase.

Or with fixed wing they mean UAVs only? Otherwise the F-35 would have been on that list right?

And no goddamn railgun tank.

"Hey lets release screenshots that imply it will be in the game, then cut it and make no statement about it whatsoever"

I'm incredibly happy with Arma 3 overall but this really does rub me the wrong way. I'd be happy with "Yeah we got rid of it". I'd be a bit miffed it wasn't in game but I'd be happy that I got a solid answer out of Bohemia. So far they've remained completely tight lipped on it.

And to all the people worried about jets, if you go watch the pcgames.de video that came out a few days ago, you see at the very least a greenfor L-159 several times (along with a pandur).

And earlier screenshots have the F35 and the gamescom footage (which bohemia has set to unlisted but you can watch if you go to the armaholic arma 3 media thread) has jay crowe flying about in an f35

Edited by Doln

Here are the first details of the storyline! :)

Tensions rise as NATO peacekeeping forces begin to leave The Republic of Altis: a strategic fault-line between crumbling European influence and a powerful, resurgent East. But when a key radar facility drops off the grid, a Mediterranean flashpoint risks escalating into global conflict.

Caught up in a situation beyond their control, a botched withdrawal traps the men of Task Force Aegis and a clandestine group of UKSF operators in a fight for survival. With only a crippled local resistance to turn to, they must rapidly adapt to overcome an unforgiving environment and defeat a brutal enemy.

And to all the people worried about jets, if you go watch the pcgames.de video that came out a few days ago, you see at the very least a greenfor L-159 several times (along with a pandur).

And earlier screenshots have the F35 and the gamescom footage (which bohemia has set to unlisted but you can watch if you go to the armaholic arma 3 media thread) has jay crowe flying about in an f35

Yeah, but that doesnt mean they will be included at release, could be a case of "They will be added post release, because they are not ready yet."

Here are the first details of the storyline! :)

Sounds like they took that awesome mission from OFP and decided "Well everyone seems to love this, lets make a campaign out of it".

And I'm completely okay with that :D

We now got the meaning of CSAT:

*dramatic drums*

Canton-Protocol Strategic Alliance Treaty

How much time was spent on stupid showcases which nobody playing aside from kids? Damn, full price for MP only game which can't handle even 80+ players. Seems like we are paying for 2D editor and community work.

Graphics are better, some animations too but the core hasnt been improved much and that clever idea with free three stories which Im sure will request some paid DLC is great markething.

Supplied as free DLC, Arma 3's campaign will be deployed across 3 free episodes after the game's initial release...

the first episode, Survive, will be made available within one month, while the following episodes, Adapt and Win, are slated for release in the months thereafter.

So wait - releasing it after final game is already bad - but it will be an episodic content to boot? Play for 3 hours, wait for 2 months and forget what even happened due to waiting?

Seriously BIS, just stop. Please just stop.

This will be the worst BIS campaign ever. What a trainwreck.