Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Just because there is no campaign, doesn't mean units from it won't be included. We will still get all A3 weapons, vehicles, features, Altis and etc. I think you can play with that until the campaign arrives.
Dear BIS just to try and fight a bit of the fire can you confirm this ASAP please? Info on polishing and (hopefully) additional features etc.. would certainly help too

cheers - oh and please release some new content/features soon.... think we all need BIG morale boost at the mo...

I know, I'm not saying stuff won't be included, I specifically said "everything-but-campaign", I'm just saying that there is no point in marking anything final without a huge chunk of content like the campaign missing. Saying stuff like that only results in confusion for people like petek here. :D

I quoted Varanon with my exact feelings on the issue.

how long has this game been in development for?? 3-4 years?

Who is to say next week MBT's wont be until after release?

Who is to say fixed wing wont be until after release?

Who is to say Altis wont be until after release?

I just im'd my friend who I "MADE" buy the supporters editon. I threatened and hyped and bitched and bribed until he got it. I told him no camp at release. He said and I quote "altis better be the shit or else I owe him a hundred bucks."

So he has received the game beta already. He will get the other stuff on a certain day automatically.

If the campaign is Still the only thing he is waiting, then maybe he really has spent his money to something he do not need.

And If he didn't like the campaign, oh man, he'll be angry at you I guess.

Maybe he should try learning the Mission editor. That will give him some real value for his money, and years of playability.

There will be no campaign on release in ArmA3? Hahahaha!

BIS are you joking? This isn't 1st of April

Holy shit, ArmA3 is a biggest, most incompetent disaster beating even ArmA1.

All the dumbing down for a casual player that already bled ArmA3 is just a tip of the iceberg.

There will be no campaign on release in ArmA3? Hahahaha!

BIS are you joking? This isn't 1st of April

Holy shit, ArmA3 is a biggest, most incompetent disaster beating even ArmA1.

All the dumbing down for a casual player that already bled ArmA3 is just a tip of the iceberg.

Are you serious?

What a load of Overreacting.

The campaign -Will Come Soon After Release-.

How much time is "soon after release". Two, three weeks? One month?

If so, why don't they delay the full game that time, if it's so little time?

So he has received the game beta already. He will get the other stuff on a certain day automatically.

If the campaign is Still the only thing he is waiting, then maybe he really has spent his money to something he do not need.

Maybe he should try learning the Mission editor. That will give him some real value for his money, and years of playability.

Oh it not the "ONLY" thing. Just one that shows uhh that something major is "wrong".

I have nothing until launch day :D.

Thats good and all about the editor but thats sorta like telling people who play unreal to forget about the game and make your own.

It would be better to delay the game, polish it and maybe release more content to Beta and prolong it (Altis, more vehicles).

That's not the point. In the Arma 3 development cycle, there has been so much backtracking on promises that were made and now there is another, pretty vital one to add onto that pile so close to the release date.

Imagine these scenarios:

• You find out through a media video that there is going to be no MP on the release day in the final version because the netcode sucks and they want to improve it, someone comes on the forums and says "It's ok! Everyone who has the game will get FREE MP shortly after release!"
  • You find out through a media video that there is going to be no mission editor on the release day because there is something wrong with it, then someone comes on the forums and says "It's ok! Everyone who has the game will get FREE mission editor shortly after release!"

First scenario has already happened to BI with Carrier Command, and the MP isn't out even, what, almost a year after it's been released? Is that shortly? Sure it's not the same people behind two projects.

To show how funny this is, I'm going to compare it to the shittiest excuse for a game which is WarZ, that was pulled from Steam when Valve realized that things that were advertised were not in the game that was marked as "finished" and refunds were given to whoever wanted them. This is the same stance I expect Valve to take for every title that does that, and I'm disappointed that BI has decided to go down that path. Luckily BI might be able to dodge this because they aren't exactly saying what's going to be in the final game.

To all the apologists- this simply isn't good enough for a professional company. Especially considering all the other concessions made already. Not good enough. Regardless if you care about SP or not.

Imagine these scenarios:

[*]You find out through a media video that there is going to be no MP on the release day in the final version because the netcode sucks and they want to improve it, someone comes on the forums and says "It's ok! Everyone who has the game will get FREE MP shortly after release!"

No need to imagine. It's called Carrier Command Gaea Mission.

It's 10 months since it was released and "soon" still didn't happen. They don't even bother to patch the disaster that is ACR DLC

After all that happened to ArmA3 BIS promises aren't really trustworthy these days.

No need to imagine. It's called Carrier Command Gaea Mission.

Read the damn post fully before hitting reply. :P

That's not the point. In the Arma 3 development cycle, there has been so much backtracking on promises that were made and now there is another, pretty vital one to add onto that pile so close to the release date.

Imagine these scenarios:

• You find out through a media video that there is going to be no MP on the release day in the final version because the netcode sucks and they want to improve it, someone comes on the forums and says "It's ok! Everyone who has the game will get FREE MP shortly after release!"
  • You find out through a media video that there is going to be no mission editor on the release day because there is something wrong with it, then someone comes on the forums and says "It's ok! Everyone who has the game will get FREE mission editor shortly after release!"

First scenario has already happened to BI with Carrier Command, and the MP isn't out even, what, almost a year after it's been released? Is that shortly? Sure it's not the same people behind two projects.

To show how funny this is, I'm going to compare it to the shittiest excuse for a game which is WarZ, that was pulled from Steam when Valve realized that things that were advertised were not in the game that was marked as "finished" and refunds were given to whoever wanted them. This is the same stance I expect Valve to take for every title that does that, and I'm disappointed that BI has decided to go down that path. Luckily BI might be able to dodge this because they aren't exactly saying what's going to be in the final game.

Thank you Sniperwolf572, i was thinking the exact same thing, about WarZ and and Carrier Command. I wonder if Steam is going to offer refunds as they did with WarZ.

It better be worth it. If it is as buggy as Red Harvest, or includes shitty missions like the ones in ACR* the forums would crash over the following shitstorm.

*ACR had some cool missions, while others played like they were made in 30 minutes..

EDIT: I dont get why they dont just delay the full game as a whole, instead of just the campaign. Its not like the core of the game will be finished at 'release', and people are already able to buy the game, providing a source of income.

How much time is "soon after release". Two, three weeks? One month?

If so, why don't they delay the full game that time, if it's so little time?

If I try to understand any harder, my brain will explode.

I believe most of us rather have the full content without the campaign earlier, than full content with the campaign later.

Or full content with the unpolished campaign earlier, maybe having to start from the beginning after updates to it.

Inhale...... exhale.... slow and steady....

Seriously guys, you need some patience in your lifes. It's not like you've been told you'll die in a car crash day after release.

It's only the campaign, you'll still get Altis, more apcs, tanks, jets, more official scenarios and much much more.

If I try to understand any harder, my brain will explode.

I believe most of us rather have the full content without the campaign earlier, than full content with the campaign later.

Or full content with the unpolished campaign earlier, maybe having to start from the beginning after updates to it.

They spend 3 years developing the game. I guess they need another 3 so the campaign will be polished?

"Full content"? It's not full if it doesn't have a campaign.

They spend 3 years developing the game. I guess they need another 3 so the campaign will be polished?

And Obama is from Mars. The whole world is agains you, huh?

More, see the first Operation Flashpoint^^ but i didn't hope this :p

Take your bravery^^

I know, I'm not saying stuff won't be included, I specifically said "everything-but-campaign", I'm just saying that there is no point in marking anything final without a huge chunk of content like the campaign missing. Saying stuff like that only results in confusion for people like petek here. :D

I quoted Varanon with my exact feelings on the issue.

I'm not confused... just disappointed;-)

I say again (as they used to say;-)) Some MAJOR assurances are needed ASAP. I don't think people bought this game for firing drills etc...

It's only the campaign, you'll still get Altis, more apcs, tanks, jets, more official scenarios and much much more.

Proof its only the camp please? Its not that I doubt you but I know of a person who got in trouble for spreading "unproven" claims except they were negative.

If you are doing the same and they are positive I merely want to chuckle to myself.

You gotta love these apologists. They've learned about ArmA3 only a few months ago from reading a bunch of articles about Wasteland and now they teach us about how half the game is missing is not an issue.

This says a lot really about how terrible the campaign will be even if it's released some day. If the developer is so incompetent to even finish the game in 3 years after cutting out a lot of stuff that would otherwise need polishing (and thus logically saving time) - the developer is incompetent to deliver a quality campaign too.

What happened to you Bohemia? I'm serious. How did you go from a studio that developed complex shooters not only for reflexes but for the brain to being exact opposite of that?

Edited by metalcraze

Have we seen any planes yet?

Do you think we will see them with the full release?

Actually Im getting more and more dissapointment for every day.

No optimizations and people are actually seeing lower frames instead of increased frames.

The only positive thing might be that I skip the upgrade of my system. No point of upgrading if the story will develop like that.

PS

Must add that a lot of people I know already stopped playing Arma 3

Edited by Nikiforos

Thats good and all about the editor but thats sorta like telling people who play unreal to forget about the game and make your own.

It's like an empty food store with all the ingredients you have already paid for. Sure it would be nice if someone would make the dinner for you, and that someone is coming, a bit later though.

But in the meantime, you could learn how to cook yourself just what you want. Or just eat some crackers.

Well, enough of metaphors, I've got work to do.