Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

After this 1.2GB beta dev build patch, when I try to launch my game I just get a black screen and it just hangs there forever. Also my other monitor shuts off. I tried disabling my other monitor, running the game in windowed, and in compatibility mode.

What's the deal?

Edit: After reinstalling, and various other things that didn't work... all I needed to do was reboot my computer. :bounce3:

Edited by Spankimus

IS that a lake I could see shimmering in the distance on the new video peak of Altis?

It looked like the sea water. Seems like the pond objects from A2 were scrapped lol

It looked like the sea water. Seems like the pond objects from A2 were scrapped lol

Which is a damn shame, if you think about it... rivers have never existed, and now lakes are gone too ?

Which is a damn shame, if you think about it... rivers have never existed, and now lakes are gone too ?

In the real one it's also a dry lake (salty one during the summer, water in winter).

Looks almost as big as Chernarus WITHOUT the other part of Altis!

It is bigger than Cherno by ~40km², or two Altis.

And looking better at it, many natural choke points, west part looks like more rocky, east more green, many different areas.. Kind of resembles Sahrani, wich in my books, is good.

Edited by Smurf

It is bigger than Cherno by ~40km², or two Altis.

And looking better at it, many natural choke points, west part looks like more rocky, east more green, many different areas.. Kind of resembles Sahrani, wich in my books, is good.

Yeah Sahrani was my favorite vanilla island.

Sahrani was just the best map in the whole series.

Can't wait for Altis.Looks big,full of details and a lot of different terrains.

Yeah I think Altis will blow my mind and will be the best vanilla map to date.

Of course Chernarus has its own charm, but Altis looks really promising.

So far, what I miss the most is large, dense forest areas like in Chernarus. I have my doubt Altis will have that, but I'll reserve judgement until I see it. Until that time, Charnarus is my all-time favorite and I don't see that change too soon.

Does anyone know (Or can you point me to the right thread) if BI plans on adding content? For instance, by the halfway/nearly complete stages of the beta will we have more then we have now? Or is this all the content until release? The reason I ask is for 2 reasons: Altis, and tanks.

Edited by Maio

They said they might stage some more content before they launch. No word on tanks, but Altis might pop up before they hit gold.

Parachuting soldiers aren’t sad anymore

lol.

Yeah, just that.

ah this looks like a better place for me question

any one know when the blog on what bis are doing about optimization?

thans

Lol, seems that everybody try to avoid your question stk2008:)

I wonder why:rolleyes:

yeah funny that i posted in another thread and it was active as it had a reply from a dev like 2 seconds before but still got no reply :P

yeah Nikiforos lets hope bis can pull some thing magical off and et this bad boy running as it should.

just cant wait for the blog so we all know where we stand

Does anyone know (Or can you point me to the right thread) if BI plans on adding content? For instance, by the halfway/nearly complete stages of the beta will we have more then we have now? Or is this all the content until release? The reason I ask is for 2 reasons: Altis, and tanks.

50/50 on new content...well to be honest we have got some more content already... parachutes :D

have the devs even gave a hint to when they may release the blog on optimization?

thanks