Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

My guess: Altis is independent and those units are part of its military.

Remnants of Greek army. Interesting that Hunter is "Independent". It seems that this Arma we might get all 3 factions on similar technological level.

Nice camo. I hope it's one of the resistant side army.

If you compare the both patch, they aren't in the same direction

Edited by F27Sharps

The uniform with the flag I found there has been removed from the most recent development version. The only uniform with a flag patch at all is the blufor helo coverall, it has a US IR Flag patch now.

Those soldiers in that screenshot apparently have a new variant of the independent flag. Probably, it´ll be some cyprus/malta style Island state in the mediterranean with hellenic past.

Edit: Apparently there´s also now fragmentary textures of the opfor uniform with a _ru designation?

Edited by InstaGoat

I'm having trouble finding this place with the dry bushes and large trees on Stratis :)

I'm having trouble finding this place with the dry bushes and large trees on Stratis :)

Indeed, I've been looking aswell - so far without success. Best not to get our hopes up though. ;)

And Why not, Altis Map ? on the screen ^^

New bushes ? : p New Pig in the forest...^^

Lol, we can wait and dream's about all these news things^^

A lot of those bushes are on Stratis too

But it's definitely Altis

So that's Altis then (hopefully comes with the BETA)? :pray:

So that's Altis then (hopefully comes with the BETA)? :pray:

I think so and we will have more content for sure. Anyway we will have some news at E3 and some sneak preview before it.

A lot of those bushes are on Stratis too

But it's definitely Altis

I think you guys may be getting you hopes up too high for "Altis" in the Beta... :p

That image recently released said it showed Beta, and not specifically the Beta we get access to (as in BI's E3 Beta build).

This year it looks like BI is once again showing off "Altis" (Lemnos) at E3, as they did in 2011, because in 2012 "Stratis" was mostly being shown.

So what you may be seeing in that image is the "Assets" we will get in our Beta (the faction/uniform/vehicle), but possibly shown on the E3 build (Altis).

I'm pretty sure "Altis" is something we will be waiting for until the final game is released (or maybe a week early if BI is nice).

Edited by Ash712

The guys in the screenshot are probably Greek, on the ArmA 3 factbook (as seen above) it shows a Greek flag with a Hunter that is very similarly camouflaged to the soldiers and Merlin thing in this screen. I believe there was a pre-alpha screenshot somewhere showing Merkavas in this camo.

I would think, an hope that they would want to test Altis or at least part of it in beta for performance ai pathfing bugs etc etc. the whole Alpha approach to ArmA3 versus ArmA1(no alpha/beta an same with A2 IMO leads me to belive that there past experience releaseing untested content b4 release was not the correct approach hense the Alpha/beta we are seeing b4 release now.

I think you guys may be getting you hopes up too high for "Altis" in the Beta... :p

You are pessimistic, we can definitely get Altis for the Beta.

I think it maybe optimistic for Altis too, purely in the sense that maybe they don't want us to have everything yet so we don't get bored/used to it.

Maybe they will give us half of Altis

Kinda like southern Sahrani in A1 demo

I think it maybe optimistic for Altis too, purely in the sense that maybe they don't want us to have everything yet so we don't get bored/used to it.

I could understand that if it was an open and free beta, but they do not really expect us alpha-beta payers to pay for another copy. I believe we will see Altis.

I could understand that if it was an open and free beta, but they do not really expect us alpha-beta payers to pay for another copy. I believe we will see Altis.

I think that there will be Altis in the beta as it will have bugs that will have to be fixed.

But It's sad as Altis was thing I wanted to see as last thing.