Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

i was playing with onEachFrame the other day... and wondered how would the scripting engine deal when you get 49.37 reported fps. maybe it would execute a percentage of the code, idk. The fact is my scripts never returned non ISO values (unless i blow it somehow). I am convinced even in earlier versions we already had a frame delayer in place. They just weren't that public about it.

EDIT: I am glad forum official hour is non-GMT either. I am locally 6 minutes pass 00.00

I smell Aprils Fool's...............

Damn, I was wondering how BI would get us this time when we always know they're coming. Had me for a moment but then 'IsSplendid' :rolleyes:

NEW MAPS: I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask... I searched to no avail.. has there been any word on a roll out for any new maps or conversions of any A2 maps? Been having a blast with the Alpha version...

I smell Aprils Fool's...............

Damn, I was wondering how BI would get us this time when we always know they're coming.

Hehe we always knew there was the optimization/moreframez button :p

NEW MAPS: I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask... I searched to no avail.. has there been any word on a roll out for any new maps or conversions of any A2 maps? Been having a blast with the Alpha version...

The main A3 island, Altis, will ship when the game releases. Until then, people have already succesfully

Arma 2 maps and new community made ones for Arma 3 are already in the making :) Edited by PurePassion

Right now you're allowed to port over your own copies of vanilla Arma 2/OA content (that is, of Arma 2/OA as made by BI and not mods) for personal use only, no redistribution allowed; mods would be governed by their own individual/specific licenses. No quality or stability guarantees can be reliably made regarding such ported "maps" (terrains) though...

The Arma 3 project lead has mentioned the possibility of an eventual official "forward porting/conversion" method, perhaps in the vein of the Take On Helicopters: Rearmed free DLC, but nothing about that is concrete.

A stupid question:

These Tweaks in the config.cpp are only possible, when you use the developer version of the game and not the stable alpha version?

Because im using stable version and i cant find the file i have to edit -__-?

Greetz

A stupid question:

These Tweaks in the config.cpp are only possible, when you use the developer version of the game and not the stable alpha version?

Greetz

Pretty sure it was an April Fools joke....

A stupid question:

So tempting :D Though, you don't have to look any further, it's an april fools joke and a jab towards people just mindlessly screaming for "optimization" and the general course of development (push button for beta, push button for gold) etc ;)

Edited by PurePassion

Well.... This was... quite good... i just believed it a few seconds.... or hours... :D

Nice one =/

I am new to Arma and I just wanted to know if I needed to already have any of the other arma games installed on to my PC before I download ARMA 3?:confused:

I am new to Arma and I just wanted to know if I needed to already have any of the other arma games installed on to my PC before I download ARMA 3?:confused:

Nope, you don't need anything else.

You don't need any of the previous games but having them installed will let you use All in Arma.

I'm guessing this has been asked before, but are there any news in regards to the helicopter flight model? When will it be updated? Will it be updated in the Alpha? Any new helicopters being added?

I'm guessing this has been asked before, but are there any news in regards to the helicopter flight model? When will it be updated? Will it be updated in the Alpha? Any new helicopters being added?

Nobodies knowns except the dev.

Pardon me if I just overlooked it before; I found a new gun listed in the ammobox using the 9x21mm calibre called "ACP-C2".

Nobodies knowns except the dev.
Pretty much this; the last that we heard first-hand from a dev was that the TKOH flight model was still planned for implementation by final release, but DnA warned that the stock helicopters may not use it and there remains no ETA for when other than 'by final release' the flight model implementation might happen... then again, DnA refused to guarantee that any content additions would take place during Alpha.

Pretty much this; the last that we heard first-hand from a dev was that the TKOH flight model was still planned for implementation by final release, but DnA warned that the stock helicopters may not use it and there remains no ETA for when other than 'by final release' the flight model implementation might happen... then again, DnA refused to guarantee that any content additions would take place during Alpha.

Digging up the Alpha PBO files I have noticed that the MH/AH-9 has already a RotorLib FM configuration file present (Light-GenHeli600-DesktopSim.xml). Not sure if it is just a leftover from the TKOH days or it actually means they have started working on it :)

A leftover is entirely possible, considering the "Light" prefix in that name, but considering that TKOH flight model had been a hyped feature of Arma 3 since early 2012 I wouldn't be surprised if devs had already done some preliminary work on "TKOH flight model in Arma 3" before whatever happened that led to the current approach (which exists in the wake of the history of development problems that Arma 3 had gone through).

There are some scripts included in A3 that use TKOH commands, however when I tried them in editor they don't work.

As coming from the SITREP, BIS will give us some juicy details about the BETA content in this year's E3 which is during June 11-13. So far, it's only described as "more variety and firepower".

Edited by PurePassion
We are also tasked to look for clues in the meantime

"more variety and firepower".

Hopefully more frames per second as well... ;)