Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Shadow quality set to ultra with a shadow distance of 80m seems to be the sweet spot, IMO. I really wish we had seperate adjustments for shadow resolution and shadow distance. I've got FPS to spare, let me use them, BI!!!

there is actually a slider for distance.

When was this, I played around 8hrs ago and no update was downloaded...

You need to allow the development build, however this may damage your online playability.

Wow, didn't expect that! Awesome job BIS :)

Btw, did anything else change?

Btw, did anything else change?

Could it be the helicopter dynamics have been changed as well? The AH-9 seems to have more weight and I'm not able to do the ridicolous maneuvers as before...

Hell yeah she's a lot fun to fly with the Saitek! :)

Edited by PurePassion

Seems like there is a new Dev build out: 0.51.103048 (13.3MB)

Any idea what it changes?

It seems like more objects got the new blurred shadows... might be wrong though

Im seeing some great preformance improvements in the helicopter showcase plus some spread on the gatlin 6.5mm.

bis your amazing with todays build ive gained between 20 and 30 fps on some parts of the map what did you do (development build) please dont break it.

windows 7 64 bit

I5 2500 3.3GHZ

GTX 580

8GB DDR3

VELOCIRAPTOR X2 300GB AND 120GB 10000RPM

POWERCOOLER 650W

Thermatake level 10 gt

can't confirm with similar rig, 2500k 670gtx.

cant confirm ????? you tried it and worse or just aint tried it.

I,ve seen some gain on the fps on the smoke and some effects but a average loss , also it goes whit much slutering and its like you are playing whit 15 fps instead of 25-30 , Please Bis fix this.

I have seen they fixed the heli showcase again now.

I allso noticed it ran a bit better for me to stayed more around 20FPS now so there doing some thing right.

I see the GPU and CPU are still being utilsed about the same though

i don't know if it's ok what i'm say, today i did try chernarus under A3 engine. On Arma 2 engine i have my GPU at 100% loaded most of time + about 1,9 gig vram. On arma 3 engine, it's not always to 100%, mostly about 70-80% and max 1,4-1,5 gigs vram utilization. So obviously BIS did some optimization there. Now i'm not worried about Altis all to much, hopefully it won't be all to harware hungry compared to cherno.

Could it be the TRG-21 has new ironsights? :)

Yeah, these sights on the TRG are a bit unpractical and obstructive, I make note and we'll remodel them, this is easily done. Thanks for pointing it out!

The artists and everyone involved in them did a very good job! They look very nice and are practical to use.

Now if only the rest of the textures could be brought onto the same level as of the other guns, there might just be a new favorite! :)

Edited by PurePassion

Could it be the TRG-21 has new ironsights? :)

The artists and everyone involved in them did a very good job! They look very nice and are practical to use.

Now if only the rest of the textures could be brought onto the same level as of the other guns, there might just be a new favorite! :)

The TRG is already my favorite AR ingame. I get the best visual/audio satisfaction (no psycho) when firing it in single shot mode. It's a shame the finished modeling it before monolithic rail version came out in the real world.

Well it's made out of composite material but I don't think they resemble cheap plastic too much. In fact, I believe the surface looks quite solid though the texture in A3 could really use a higher resolution! :)

Edited by PurePassion
fixed the picture