Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Ok, I think we get some door animations on cars etc.! :D

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/animateDoor

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/doorPhase

Sneaky BIS!

Interesting bit about door interaction:

The action to Open/Close door persists in a bubble* around the player, as long as he's in the vicinity of the object. Means you don't have look for that 1-2 pixel in width deadzone with your crosshair, which made the Action pop up in ArmA II.

*Or perhaps it's a vastly extended crosshair deadzone for Actions, Dslyecxi does aim at the door for a split second after taking down the soldier, enters the room and the action to close it persists for a few seconds.

Great vids by Dslyecxi. I'm too excited to even comment on all the great changes and how they will be great for the game. Alpha is going to be awesome.

It says "animation of door on vehicle". Never saw a door opening on a car in the video neither in the whole Arma series. The knob of the frontdoor was animated that's right though.

I mean, I just kinda assumed that, since this was new, that they'd done that for all doors...

would be cool ive there is a door lock and breach sistem, dont forgeting the boobitraped ones

Yup all new goodies, were all noobies again, well almost noobies :cool:

In approx 8 hours.. are we pro-ordering for 3/14 or will we be able to play the alpha version? (sorry at work and cant get to all the posts/news)

In approx 8 hours.. are we pro-ordering for 3/14 or will we be able to play the alpha version? (sorry at work and cant get to all the posts/news)

Buy, enter Steam key, download & play. ;) Wrong thread btw.

The Moon at the end of the first video looks as it's seen from southern hemisphere. Why?

EDIT: I've seen the other two videos, they're simply amazing. I'm speechless.

Edited by Kernriver

Just watched that before coming onto the forums. I wish they would have panned a little slower over the landscapes :( but still a great video anyway.

Indeed, my only dislike regarding lighting is overcast setting. Looks really flat. Hopefully something can be done about it.

An does anybody know if background music in that video is by any chance music from the game? I like it, sets mood for desperate times ahead 8)-

Indeed, my only dislike regarding lighting is overcast setting. Looks really flat. Hopefully something can be done about it.

I didn't have a problem with it, usually overcast weather should make things look really flat.

BI Store has crashed...

EDIT: Nope it's just really slow which is understandable.

Edited by James2464

BI Store has crashed...

Same, hav'nt got it to come up yet..to be expected ;)

I didn't have a problem with it, usually overcast weather should make things look really flat.

I know, it's a perfect time to take pictures for texturing purposes :P But it doesn't look like that for sure, maybe baked in GI for overcast or more pronounced AO? Dunno... just sharing thoughts.

BI Store has crashed...

Everyone is trying to get in quick to get their name in the credits.

obama-computer-featured.jpg

The Moon at the end of the first Dslyecxi's video looks as it's seen from southern hemisphere. Why?

Hate to quote myself, but doesn't this strike you as odd? What's the deal?

If Arma3 is taking place in northern hemisphere, the Moon should not look like that, the "man on the moon" is in totally wrong position.