Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

The boner I have is ONLY due to the beautiful lighting ... I swear it!

BUSTED! you love fedoras, admid it :suspicious:

Haven't watched the second vid yet, but here's Dslyecxi's info on control scheme - just released: http://dslyecxi.com/arma3-alpha-controls/

I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight anyway. :)

Edit: The tactical pace stance with weapon raised works better than even I imagined. CQB and PVP just got a massive upgrade.

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD!

Holy grenade throwing, supercool stances and no mouse acceleration Batman!

I am stunned!

dslyexi also saying he will update his tactical guide to A3.

A certain sights jitter when moving aim (while zoomed in) is also gone too (i have this in A2)

This is magnificent, BIS & ShackTac -- couldn't have picked a better Squad to do the presentation. I've watched till the stance/dynamic stance adjust part & I am salivating!

:computer:

TEH SIGHTS!!!!! THEY FIXED TEH HOLO SIGHTS!!!!!!

*Your mind just explode like a blood sausage*

Well... kind of speechless. This is turning into something far better than what I expected. Kudos to BIS and Dslyecxi for that video.

Question:

Last stand position is no more, switched for the (most usefull, yet not so cool :rolleyes:) sitting one?

There is actually a diference in 3rd person animation between ADS and shouldered view? Or was just an "idle" animation playing in the right time?

Anyone knows Dslyecxi's system specs?

CPU

Core i7-3820 @ 4.5GHz

Video card

2x EVGA Superclocked GTX 680 2GB (SLI’d)

Mobo

Asus Sabertooth X79 mobo

RAM

32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 DDR3

Gaming HD

Samsung 512GB SSD

Storage HDs

1x 2TB WD Caviar Black

6x 2TB WD Green

1x 1TB WD Green

1x 1TB WD PassportSE

Corsair 128GB SSD

PSU

Corsair HX1050W PSU

Monitors

Dell U3011 30″ 2560×1600

24″ Dell 1920×1080 on an Ergotron mount

Thank you guys.... That wasn't of any help - his pc is too powerful :>

Also it looks like BIS did add breathing simulation from VBS2. Looks like it has a figure of 8 when he shows stances affecting precision - which is wider than what we have in ArmA2 and yet holding breath now actually makes a lot of difference - it almost steadies the aim unlike simply lowering the shake a little bit like in ArmA2 - as well as the bigger shake when the soldier lets it out.

I'm also happy tactical pace is done adequately - the aim shake is quite big so it won't turn into frag gathering. Stances+mods for them are gorgeous. Animations look much more real, less artificial for game's sake (see leaning in ArmA2) and yet better for gaming purposes. However I hope it will be possible to still set up 3 keys for stance change.

Hopefully they didn't cut out the blinding sun and those are goggles lowering the glare (which would make sense). If that's the case goggles need to have at least some downside to them like IRL - lowering overall brightness. Otherwise what's the point in NOT wearing them?

Nice job with a crosshair too. I would still prefer to play without it but it's not as incredibly cheaty as before.

Proper collimator sights are long overdue.

Lighting is great but shadows do need blurring.

One thing however I don't like. Stance switching animations are way way too fast. It looked like he sped up the video 2 times.

Edited by metalcraze

One thing however I don't like. Stance switching animations are way way too fast. It looked like he sped up the video 2 times.

I noticed this. But you must also remember that if you slow it too much you will loose responsiveness. But hey the public alpha is there to give feedback on this sort of thing...

I haven't played Arma 2 much because of the controls and the negative mouse accel. But after seeing this video and reading about the controls, i want in!!! Buying the alpha tomorow. Great job BIS!!!

New video from Dslyecxi about gear system and weapon attachments, enjoy!:

This concludes the series of videos released by Dslyecxi.

I wish there is more rail point to mount stuff on, but the current one will do as well.

On either side of the barrel? Could fit both flashlight & IR with 2 of those.

There's 3 currently: barrel, rail point for either flashlight or IR, sights. Tbh, it's plenty enough for the purpose of the Alpha & especially the new players.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

It says "animation of door on vehicle". Never saw a door opening on a car in the video neither in the whole Arma series. The knob of the frontdoor was animated that's right though.

Edited by CriminalMinds