Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

and be placed on head danny? like the nvg can be toggle on off and flip to top position on helmet

Cannot see it in commands but would like to see that in-game.

BTW Now the only things that this game is missing for the truly best game/simulation ever are 3D editor and melee combat :)

This game will be truly epic :)

I doubt that even BIS will go into such details although it would've been cool. Plus railguns are small in ArmA3.

But knowing BIS it may as well be a one-shot feature like a keypad in Coltan Blues connected to a mission objective perhaps.

Well even if the rail gun is small, it would need to generate a pretty powerful magnetic field to accelerate a mass of iron to, say, Mach 10, so a rail gun fired within a few kilometers range would probably still generate magnetic distortion for a few seconds.

Humor!

sweetBoy customChat [1, "Hi, any sweetgirls to chat?"]

Yo man,

i think its about the compass gets a bit manipulated by speeding,decreasing speed, changing position for example in a car or plane -> sideroll.

Does anyone know what "compass oscillation" is all about? I googled the term and it seems to be related to compass needles "wavering" from north, for example due to magnetic interference.

The setCompassOscillation command takes angle and frequency parameters, which seems to support this, but why would such a thing need to be in the game?

Posted by RiE on Twitter. ;)

Ah, now we know the purpose of the rainbow scripting command :D

@PCGamer: Well have to say that I was pretty excited the interviewer asked about AI as well as indoors, but then my heart dropped a bit when there was zero mention of any sort of AI improvemenmt indoors. What made matters a little worse was them then saying they're teaching them to fight underwater....sorry but in realistic (or even semi) times, most battles are going to take place in CQB/Urban warfare than underwater (Bond be damned). *Sigh*

Besides that, everything sounds fantastic and Im pretty pumped :bounce3:

Edited by froggyluv

I don't think the AI is going to be much different. Maybe they will be able to do a few more things related to new features, but I doubt any previous behaviours will be significantly improved.

I don't think the AI is going to be much different. Maybe they will be able to do a few more things related to new features, but I doubt any previous behaviours will be significantly improved.

They said they concentrated mostly on streamlining it. So I expect better default config values (increased engagement ranges mostly), and less 'AI running around looking confused while trying to do 12 things at once', but overall similar behaviour as in ArmA2.

Besides that, everything sounds fantastic and Im pretty pumped :bounce3:

I wish the weekend was over and it was finally Tuesday... and that is saynig A LOT ;)

I wish the weekend was over and it was finally Tuesday... and that is saynig A LOT ;)

Well Saturdays more than half way done (West USA) so time to go for a run, hit the bag then go out on the town -day over!

It's Sunday! That means only one more day until Dyslexi's Urban Arma3 video! Ok, this day will be the hardest as there's no work to piss me of...I mean keep me occupied. Slow family day and it's gonna hurt.

Monday! Just get thru work and know an awesome video is coming out tonite -don't think about tomm!

Monday late nite:Hell...

Tuesday!!! Sheet. At least Steam is a fast download :p

Dyslexi said Monday but how can he show us ARMA3 monday when it aint out till Tuesday?

They said they concentrated mostly on streamlining it. So I expect better default config values (increased engagement ranges mostly), and less 'AI running around looking confused while trying to do 12 things at once', but overall similar behaviour as in ArmA2.

yeah they said the ai is still pretty stupid which is sad.

Dyslexi said Monday but how can he show us ARMA3 monday when it aint out till Tuesday?

Simple, those inglorious lucky basterds got an early copy :mad:

I thought as much oh well cant wait to watch then :)

Simple, those inglorious lucky basterds got an early copy :mad:

Cannot see it in commands...

The list of commands isn't finished yet. :whistle:

The list of commands isn't finished yet. :whistle:

Then get on it, we demand results :936::936:

Then get on it, we demand results :936::936:

Nonono,

what we demand is better AI CQB skills :)

And ofcourse also that they are finally engaging (when spotted) on over 300 meters.

Most firefights in reallife i think are happening around on 400-800 meters, or?

Nonono,

what we demand is better AI CQB skills :)

And ofcourse also that they are finally engaging (when spotted) on over 300 meters.

Most firefights in reallife i think are happening around on 400-800 meters, or?

The generally accepted average is 300 meters. And I think they talked about better AI CQB before so we'll have to wait and see "MOFO" ;) blinky

The generally accepted average is 300 meters. And I think they talked about better AI CQB before so we'll have to wait and see "MOFO" ;) blinky

what the f***, who are u, why u know who i am? :) :confused: