Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Must be something happening in the background as I see now there are Pre-Order options are now starting to appear in retail shops in Australia...

but but, we are back again to this... I can't find the link to post by one of devs/mods, who said, it will be open alpha, no need to pay to get access![/QUOI remember reading that too less BI changed there mind that it was going to be an open community alpha, guess time will tell. Whats your guys thoughts on a dedi server for it or would it be unrealistic to release a dedi for an alpha?

The merger between forum and Bistore accounts may be related to Alpha access / Game preoder.

Edited by ProfTournesol

Must be something happening in the background as I see now there are Pre-Order options are now starting to appear in retail shops in Australia...

Really? What is the price point if it's not a secret?

really? What is the price point if it's not a secret?

$68-$64 au

The merger between forum and Bistore accounts may be related to Alpha access / Game preoder.

Yes....make my day BIS.....Finally!?!:j:

Yes....make my day BIS.....Finally!?!:j:

Ditto.. Cannot wait now, hopefully its all the news were waiting for :D

$68-$64 au

Well games are usually more expensive in Australia right? Both my pre orders for Armed Assault and ArmA2 were around 40€.

Well games are usually more expensive in Australia right? Both my pre orders for Armed Assault and ArmA2 were around 40€.

That's actually very cheap for an Australian price. BIS are batting quite low if that price is accurate. :)

eg. Skyrim was $80-99 and so was BF3 (If that is even comparable).

No offense meant, but would it be possible to move this kind of discussion to a different thread? Maybe someone open a "Rumors and Speculation" topic, but every time I see this thread pop up in my subscription list I am disappointed to see it is just more of that (Rumors and Speculation).

No offense meant, but would it be possible to move this kind of discussion to a different thread? Maybe someone open a "Rumors and Speculation" topic, but every time I see this thread pop up in my subscription list I am disappointed to see it is just more of that (Rumors and Speculation).

You could also choose to only get excited when someone posts in the non-discussion version of this topic. :p

That's actually very cheap for an Australian price. BIS are batting quite low if that price is accurate. :)

eg. Skyrim was $80-99 and so was BF3 (If that is even comparable).

I would note however that in America (or at least NYC) Skyrim and Battlefield 3 both retailed at $60, wheras I believe that Arma 2 was at $50 and $40 for OA... so it may not be so much "batting quite low" as "appropriately priced" (considering that Skyrim and BF3's $60 price points were right in line with COD in "pushing the console price point because we know that we'll sell big enough on PC to get away with it").

What are the chances the discount for preorder will be just as good as it was for CC/TKOH? Or at least somewhere there?

At least we have an indication that the final price won't be increased.

What are the chances the discount for preorder will be just as good as it was for CC/TKOH? Or at least somewhere there?

At least we have an indication that the final price won't be increased.

No idea, but somehow considering Arma 2's release, the idea of a preorder discount (hey even some AAA games have that) and the DayZ standalone's pricing plan ("the more stable it gets, the more we charge you!")...

I should note that Arma 2's initial pricing at $50 was right in line with other PC titles, even AAA ones with the aforementioned exceptions.

Because of closed down thread..the moderator pointed me here. So thanks to the moderator for closing the thread....and pointed me to the right direction.

I Type www.arma3.com.....

I get the message "Intel redacted.......check back soon".

Hmmm.....and this message already for two weeks.....

What time period must i think by the term "SOON"? Now two weeks going on??????

Bis we want info.....no radiosilence.....no informationstop......no releasedate confirmed.....no nothing....action is what we want...let something hear of you.

Community what do you think about this? (and please moderators do not delete this thread until there is more info (hahahaha...the moderator promissed me he shal not closed this down...), because that is this thread for...i want a discussion of release of info from Bis to fans of there products Might be useful they hire a pr manager)

So far the message.........feel free to shoot

And i know Bis is careful....... and i know the problems they have.......... and i know from the staf...............Can we help????

Edited by boedha

Dude, please try and dial back the excessive punctuation and the obnoxious animated smileys. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Regarding new info, the only time frame we know of so far is "some time in February". But yeah, it really can't come soon enough.

Dude, please try and dial back the excessive punctuation and the obnoxious animated smileys. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Regarding new info, the only time frame we know of so far is "some time in February". But yeah, it really can't come soon enough.

So i deleted the animated smileys and so far new info in february?........That is now....but who can confirm that there shal be more info this month and not in march, april and so on. Remember the first preview was in the year 2011. Now we are 18 months further and what info has released all these months....there was a lot of thoughts....but concrete info? A real timepath? Deadlines? Specific info about delay? Why not asking help from the community...example if Bis already had released the alpha...the community could anticipate on the product....a new form relationship from developer and consumer for the best results and ideas. A great example is bf3. The developers are listening to the users and you see the progress back in the game. Now the budget is probably much bigger, but i think If you want a stable relationship with your fans. This is the way. I have barely all games from Bis not only for play but for support too. I am dissapointed there is no further info about arma 3 yet. And nobody can tell......and now the best.........I am not alone.....we are with many!

but who can confirm that there shal be more info this month and not in march, april and so on.

It says so in the latest announcement about the name change from Limnos to Altis:

Arma 3 is scheduled for release in 2013. More precise details will be announced in February.

Just calm down and wait for it.

Geez, kids these days have no patience...

Yes, we ALL want it as soon as possible and BIS are obviously working on it.

The latest info is posted here so spamming the forum asking when its coming is just stupid.

Sit tight and check back regularly...

(Play ARMA2 in the meantime)

It says so in the latest announcement about the name change from Limnos to Altis:

Just calm down and wait for it.

Alright. I shall do my best. I hope its worth it. Thanks in advance. Every hour is one hour closer to info. hahahaha

Latest rumor states info release will be on February 29th :cool:

Latest rumor states info release will be on February 29th :cool:

Wow...a real date..that not exists. I write it down in my agenda. Thanks Cozza hahahaha

Talking about kids. yeah...there are some here.

Edited by boedha

Wow...a real date..that not exists. I write it down in my agenda. Thanks Cozza hahahaha

Talking about kids. yeah...there are some here.

Actually, it does exist. Just sayin'...