Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Simple waypoints were sometimes not clearly visible in the speed when they change every 100 meters or so, so additional 3D helpers were added.

I'd have preferred something along the lines of "There are many turns in the route, so make sure you consult your map and plan your maneuvers accordingly" over floating helpers, but I understand "new user" concerns. :)

kylania, you are a better troll than I am!! and i am damn good, ask vespa;)

It's true, he's actually trolling right now!

Dammit, stop trolling and go back to work! I NEED MY ARMA 3 NOW!

kylania, you are a better troll than I am!! and i am damn good, ask vespa;)
It's true, he's actually trolling right now!

Wait, wait, wait. Is there any BIS dev at all that is currently working on Arma 3 instead of trolling the community? I eagerly await Maruk or somebody to come up and say "nope".

Maruk just called and he says we are both fired.

So there will be no animations in Arma3, sry :(

Maybe later as DLC.

Maruk just called and he says we are both fired.

So there will be no animations in Arma3, sry :(

Maybe later as DLC.

Well, look on the bright side - he successfully trolled the community and developers in one fell swoop. That's a winner in my book.

Wait, wait, wait. Is there any BIS dev at all that is currently working on Arma 3 instead of trolling the community? I eagerly await Maruk or somebody to come up and say "nope".

I work on Arma 3 only to troll the community.

Edited by Celery

BIS GC staff have to follow strict rules in Cologne = get drunk with Koelsch & sing the famous "Viva Colonia..." in front of the Cathedral - otherwise they are not allowed to pass the German border! Rules are rules.... :tongue:

lies. Farma3 must be announced before the release :p

Game looks even better than on E3 videos but it runs...worse? At this GC video it looks like 20-25 fps.

Edited by eJay

Game looks even better than on E3 videos but it runs...worse? At this GC video it looks like 20-25 fps.

I noticed that too, it looks to be running considerably slower. :confused:

Try running the video outside of fullscreen mode, it got much smoother for me?

I've found this on YT -

More detailed presentation.

The terrain resolution has indeed been increased considerably. Look at that infantry part. All those bumps. More chances of survival in the open - sweeeet.

Also Field Manual idea is a great one.

Speaking about in-game manuals - how about including editor manual too? VBS2 had one where you could look up syntax for a chosen command etc.

Edited by metalcraze

I've found this on YT -

More detailed presentation.

Thanks.

Some nice little details in that like the rotorwash on the rocket smoke and it was nice to see Ivan switching to show the support actually firing during the disable AA mission.

Thanks.

Some nice little details in that like the rotorwash on the rocket smoke and it was nice to see Ivan switching to show the support actually firing during the disable AA mission.

I wonder if the downwash also affects vegetation and other particle effects...

Truth be told even though I've already seen some of the things showcased, it's still a thrill to see how things have evolved. I think one of the biggest things people always complained about was polish and more polish.

OMG, the part where the rockets impact looks soooo amazing!!! :o

Excellent job BIS!!!

BTW shouldn't a mine finding mechanic be refined? floating red markers feel way too gamey. It will mean that with this device finding a carefully hidden mine will be a piece of cake.

There got to be some more realistic way of doing this. Sound maybe? Sorta like that IED detector mod (SR5 or something)

BTW shouldn't a mine finding mechanic be refined? floating red markers feel way too gamey. It will mean that with this device finding a carefully hidden mine will be a piece of cake.

There got to be some more realistic way of doing this. Sound maybe? Sorta like that IED detector mod (SR5 or something)

I hope the mine defusal mechanic gets refined too. If anything, it shouldn't be instantaneous.

OMG, the part where the rockets impact looks soooo amazing!!! :o

Excellent job BIS!!!

New Rule: MLRS in every mission. Nothing that sexy should be left out, ever. :)

New Rule: MLRS in every mission. Nothing that sexy should be left out, ever. :)

Now we wait until somebody goes "y rockits no drop liek bf3 armord kill?!?!?!?". That misrepresentation of rocket artillery made me sad. Why don't they just make a 40 mile map instead?

Sorry for derailing this otherwise constructive discussion.

They havent mentioned tripwires since last years gamescom... I hope those didn't get cut too...

...cause...you know, people can get hurt by that sort of thing.

Edited by BobcatBob

He said that he had a mine detector toolkit so not everyone will be able to see it at least.