Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Slatts, this stance is good but need to be fixed a bit, because looking very ugly, its not olny my point of view...

OMG, J-Guid... We talked about the "tactical stance" 100 times. Just search for it...please!

Edit: And it looks very nice, search in youtube for combat videos.

Slatts, this stance is good but need to be fixed a bit, because looking very ugly, its not olny my point of view...

OMG you are so right...it needs to be fixed. If only Arma was still in development.

/sarcasm

Sometimes realistic is ugly. Is seriously doubt there will be any changes at this point so best get used to it. If it helps, think about all the other great stuff we are getting in terms of animations.

BAM! Youtube search "combat stance with rifle", First video, first stance. I'd say Smookie's got it pretty damn right.;)

Refering to E3 sneak video.

- The explosopns and sounds of the littlbebird attack are hopefuly not done yet?

- Woderful but bit too big muzzleflash in 3rd person, i think. decrease them by 20%

Else i love what i see :)

I thought the Littlebird explosions looked great. And the muzzle flashes were at night, remember.

@J-Guid

a soldier looks never good.(dirt in the face, grass on the head, the only clean thing is his gun) You have to forget what you see in TV to get a real thing, combat roll :-D

you need the most stable stand and this is the most stable stand

test this with a partner let him push you with a broom while in this stance...

and try other stances that come into your mind..

smokie makes an exelent job keep on going (cant wait the first E3 cams)

Refering to E3 sneak video.

- The explosopns and sounds of the littlbebird attack are hopefuly not done yet?

- Woderful but bit too big muzzleflash in 3rd person, i think. decrease them by 20%

Else i love what i see :)

The muzzle flashes DID look really big, like something more appropriate for a machine gun.

Have you ever seen the muzzle flash from an AR? They are quite big as well. I believe the muzzle flash in the game is the correct size, but because of the camera positioning, it looked like it was much bigger in comparison with the player. This is because the camera was closer to the muzzle flash than the player. If he had the camera at the side, it would probably look correct.

Have you ever seen the muzzle flash from an AR? They are quite big as well. I believe the muzzle flash in the game is the correct size, but because of the camera positioning, it looked like it was much bigger in comparison with the player. This is because the camera was closer to the muzzle flash than the player. If he had the camera at the side, it would probably look correct.

No complaint then. And I forgot that we can use a flash suppressor in ArmA3.

samey same. If realistic then cool :)

Stillt he explosions of the littlebird rockets make me feel like its arma2 still.

I have to agree, from this small glimpse, they weren't really convinving. I wish for more sharper and cylindric shaped explosions with proper use of dirt particles.

I think what's missing is the feeling of seeing something actually hitting the ground, exploding and splashing up dirt in the air.

Watch this

to get a look at what I mean Edited by PurePassion

Yeah I still think BIS needs to work on particles, the smoke always look so weird to me (anything except for smoke grenades those look great already). Fire looks considerably better already from one of those last screenshots we got.

The rockets just don't look convincing.

Those muzzle flashes looked awesome though.

Yeah the smoke and explosions still look like the ArmA2 ones. So either they're not gonna change, or BIS hasn't got that far yet.

One of the problems with the explosions is their shape. The ones in PP's video have a V shape.

One of the problems with the explosions is their shape. The ones in PP's video have a V shape.

Yup, that's it. :)

Opticalsnare did a good job with his Blastcore mod and especially the new artillery effects look very good. They absolutely go in the right direction.

Looking at a screenshot of the explosions, you can see that they look more like spheres without any hard and distinguishable shapes. What they lack of, I think, is a more cylindric or V-shaped form with especially some of these extending clusters of debris and smoke of whom you can already see rather good examples in

Yup, that's it.

Opticalsnare did a good job with his Blastcore mod and especially the new artillery effects look very good. They absolutely go in the right direction.

Looking at a screenshot of the explosions, you can see that they look more like spheres without any hard and distinguishable shapes. What they lack of, I think, is a more cylindric or V-shaped form with especially some of these extending clusters of debris and smoke of whom you can already see rather good examples in Blastcore.

I agree. arma explosions have now real shape and just look like smoke billowing out of the ground at a fast rate. makes them appear week. Blastcore have directions so they look much more powerful. And flying debris really adds to the immersion. That second picture shows it really well.

@J-Guid. I hate that mannerism, "Fix it". Fix what? What are you trying to show us? I'm not a mind-reader, I'm pretty sure BIS haven't created that technology yet.

It's actually a well-founded stance based on tactical training schools, basic combat schools and alike.

Agreed about explosions. Hopefully the new features will allow modders to create more realistic explosion effects. I wonder if we'll have ammunition varients, i.e. HEIAP, and what they will look like.

Edited by Rye

OpticalSnare needs to be hired nao!!

Blastcore is a masterpiece.

Hopefully they're planning on making them better and those are just Arma 2 placeholders still.

I'm gonna like how with the new stances, a group of players can move a long the wall or indoors, in different "heights" and be able to keep pace easier. Also be able to move along cover more efficiently and see around without mastering freelook.

Hopefully they're planning on making them better and those are just Arma 2 placeholders still.

Seconded!

Just watched the E3 showcase and i gotta say this - the muzzleflashes are FRIGGIN AWESOME! Way to go, BIS.

Seconded!

Thirded.