Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Coulum I thought it looked great! Really fast and responsive, the animations were to die for!

The Figure-8 looked to be slower and more controlled towards the centre... :)

I still think the grenade throw looked average, but I don't know what it was like in First Person so... improvement?

The way he put his weight into it and threw it looked OK though.

Edited by Rye

Things I noticed:

The NVG's actually move up or down if the user has them on or off. They don't simply disappear like the do in ArmA II.

The rockets fired from the helicopter created debris that flew up into the air, you can see them as he flies above.

When the grenade goes off in the infantry showcase, you can see blood splatter on the screen and the camera shakes.

Also, I'm surprised that no one, I haven't seen anything, has mentioned anything about the part where he says they've got a new encumbrance and fatigue system.

Things I noticed:

The NVG's actually move up or down if the user has them on or off. They don't simply disappear like the do in ArmA II.

The rockets fired from the helicopter created debris that flew up into the air, you can see them as he flies above.

When the grenade goes off in the infantry showcase, you can see blood splatter on the screen and the camera shakes.

Also, I'm surprised that no one, I haven't seen anything, has mentioned anything about the part where he says they've got a new encumbrance and fatigue system.

Maybe because that was one of the first features we knew a bout ArmA 3 from last year website launch :P

Also I think the debris flying up was actually from the vehicle he destroyed during that rocket attack i think. I don't think it was so much ground debris as it was vehicle scraps.

Maybe because that was one of the first features we knew a bout ArmA 3 from last year website launch :P

I'm sorry I have more important things in life than to know everything about ArmA III. :)

I still think the grenade throw looked average

Really? I thought it looked very realistic, fast and fluid just like in real life, it's not robotic-looking and slow anymore.

Really? I thought it looked very realistic, fast and fluid just like in real life, it's not robotic-looking and slow anymore.

He threw it, and the animation is clearly mocapped, but he looked like an untrained person throwing a grenade. I'm surprised it doesn't look more like Smookie's animation pack. That grenade throw was realistic.

I'm sorry I have more important things in life than to know everything about ArmA III. :)

I for one take great pride in knowing ALL THE THINGS!1! about A3. Plus, said feature was on the confirmed feature list :)

I for one take great pride in knowing ALL THE THINGS!1! about A3. Plus, said feature was on the confirmed feature list :)

Well, good for you. I haven't even bothered to read through your "confirmed features" thread (Not going to either), because I personally think that nothing is "confirmed" until the game is for sale.

Touche!

snob.jpg

Wait, you seriously mean that? :shock:

Speaking of which, there is still many people who like to hold the VFG like holding their own dick.(Even though the thumb break grip is more efficien.)

I personally find the thumb break grip more efficient when holding my own... wait what...?

I haven't been this excited about an E3 since the first GR:AW was announced... little did I know it would be the begging of the end for the Ghost Recon series for me. I know BI won't disappoint though! That vehicle being flipped over by the artillery strike (yay physics!). The new stance variations, and whether or not the AI will use them. A better look at aiming while moving and maybe movement inside buildings (player and AI). The fatigue and encumbrance system. Gear and weapon customization. All the things!!1! And if we get to see the cluster bomb... Oh man I can't wait till tuesday. :D:D:D

Well as community has already discussed, the problem with "minor" details like positioning of the rifle buttstock on the shoulder (believe me, I bitch about it all the time; please remember the guns change, their sizes change but anims - they dont) or having too stiff looking stances comes as a result of a need to balance what you see with soldiers eyes (this is one of key features in ArmA3 - attention to 1st person view) against what others see you as (in other words 1st vs 3rd person views). There have to be some compromises but we want to ensure good overall results in both views. So even if i mocapped the stuff properly in the studio with perfect buttstock positioning and grips etc. , it still needs to go through "game filter".

Don't excite me anymore by showing off possibility of laying on back in prone. ; )

stay away from internet starting from tuesday:D

Edited by Smookie

Well as community has already discussed, the problem with "minor" details like positioning of the rifle buttstock on the shoulder (believe me, I bitch about it all the time; please remember the guns change, their sizes change but anims - they dont) or having too stiff looking stances comes as a result of a need to balance what you see with soldiers eyes (this is one of key features in ArmA3 - attention to 1st person view) against what others see you as (in other words 1st vs 3rd person views). There have to be some compromises but we want to ensure good overall results in both views. So even if i mocapped the stuff properly in the studio with perfect buttstock positioning and grips etc. , it still needs to go through "game filter".

Fair enough, now go back to make sure that hand gun and binoculars animation is fixed:p

I would go into a coma if I did that.

I must listen to Captain Crowes witty narration, lets hop over to our ELITE TIER ONE OPERATER (Poledancer) for a look at ALL THE THINGS!

But, but Tuesday is so far away, what do I do in the meantime!!!

Play ArmA2

I am, I am!!

Maybe I should put a "j/k" at the end...:j:

OK Smookie, glad to hear it :) but please can you fix a stance with weapon, because he looks like "soldier want to make a poopy, but cant!" :(, some peoples asked about this in previous posts...

OK Smookie, glad to hear it :) but please can you fix a stance with weapon, because he looks like "soldier want to make a poopy, but cant!" :(, some peoples asked about this in previous posts...

We proved you wrong several times on the "Tactical pace" stance. You say BIS don't listen, but it is you who does not.