Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

it's like the transparent mag of a G36 put straight

I'm wondering, what's the magazine in this rifle? This is not PMAG or STANAG :confused:

Well, it's safe to assume it hold's 7.62 rounds just by looking at the width. Even if it's not 7.62, it's not 5.56.

Great video example, really shaping up esp different move anims and cover.

I couldn't help but wince at the explosion sound, grenade explosion, generic bullet crack sounds which seem all too familiar with Arma2 Vanilla ... please make some new ones BIS, I hope they are just WIP place holder sounds :) Gun fire did sound impressive though (the section showing muzzle flash).

Note-Too-Self: Ignore the youtube comments of the video to save multi face palming to death.

Edited by mrcash2009

[troll]Have you noticed the last first person infantry part looked quite a lot like fighting in OFP: Dragon Rising?:-D[/troll]

I like it:).

Well in todays E3 sneak video it seems he is holding it properly :confused:

I think the lighting showcase they hadn't updated the hand positions for the weapon, because the AFG was on the weapon but it looked like the character was using the old vertical grip pose for the hands.

As for adjustments...now you probably understand why default position when standing and aiming is like that :) And for prone, well, you will see :)

You're a talented chap so no worries.

Don't excite me anymore by showing off possibility of laying on back in prone. ; )

As for adjustments...now you probably understand why default position when standing and aiming is like that :) And for prone, well, you will see :)

Don't get me wrong, I like those new features(That is if I do not have to operating 10 different keys at the same time:p )

But if possible, can you make sure that the weapon shoulders properly as well?:(

God...if you exist....please make BIS release this game earlier and mostly finished of course :D

I´ll just drop that here:

I had a good laugh at that.

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the default stance to be honest. Way too "tacti-cool" for it to be default. I think the current arma 2 default position is perfect. I won't say too much now though until the alpha is out. Looking good regardless :)

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the default stance to be honest. Way too "tacti-cool" for it to be default. I think the current arma 2 default position is perfect. I won't say too much now though until the alpha is out. Looking good regardless :)

That won´t be the default, will be an option to the actual one.

can't say i'm a huge fan of the default stance to be honest. Way too "tacti-cool" for it to be default. I think the current arma 2 default position is perfect. I won't say too much now though until the alpha is out. Looking good regardless :)

u mad bro?

For the amount of times you get into contact in Arma... every mission. It's better to have that cm. :D

I´ll just drop that here:

Love it.

New animations look pretty good. Hopefully such improvements translate over to indoors and close quarters fire fights for fluid gameplay. Game is very exciting, keep up the good work!

@2:50 is that what people are talking about clouds in TKOH looking bizarre?

I just noticed that they look like they change relative to the camera.

Is this a bug?

I can already hear people moaning about it in E3 footage.

ZOMG BIS game buggy again!!!1!!

I noticed in the "E3 sneak preview trailer" at 0:30 the gun sway is following a pattern resembling an 8!

Only thing that bothers me is the seemingly lack of recoil/kickback/whatever the term is when firing full auto/burst. But, if that's realistic, I'll take it!

very good point. improved weapon and more realistic handling is really soemthing the devs talked about and really hope to see that come to life more.

I noticed in the "E3 sneak preview trailer" at 0:30 the gun sway is following a pattern resembling an 8!

It does appear that way but can't be certain until E3. in a2 there also appears to be quite alot of sway outside when looking outside the sights yet when looking through them there is virtually none at all.

I am looking forward to the aiming mechanics demonstration and infantry showcase the most for this reason. wonder how BI are balancing the seemingly low recoil and how shooting has been made different. I am also looking forward to seeing whether aiming down the sights while walking has been improved.

And of course I would to love to see how the ai has been changed, especially concerning use of the new stance and CQB.

----

What do you guys think the "improved weapon controls" could mean, when introducing the infantry showcase(4:12)? More responsive weaponry based on weight? Breath control? Weapon resting?

Edited by -Coulum-

Indeed, although, that's not the only thing :cool:

Me thinks BI have improved indoors AI.

http://twitter.com/Arma3official/status/208520943377723392/photo/1/large

^That photo might be suggesting that AI can now work inside buildings, also the facebook one and this one; they might be scripted...but they might not be.

Edited by ArmAriffic

Me thinks BI have improved indoors AI.

secret.jpg

Edited by Booster

@2:50 is that what people are talking about clouds in TKOH looking bizarre?

I just noticed that they look like they change relative to the camera.

Is this a bug?

I can already hear people moaning about it in E3 footage.

ZOMG BIS game buggy again!!!1!!

Yeah, I think that's probably it. When play TKOH I barely notice it though and I think the benefits of having volumetric clouds far outweigh the slight annoyance of this issue. Maybe they'll find a solution for it before release or in a future patch, but personally I don't find it to be a big deal.