Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Now I do, but I also see that the mystery AR-15 is in fact just our mystery rifle with a longer barrel or maybe a suppressor. Look at the stock, you can see the elevation from the cheek-piece :)

Stock is Magpul PRS - which most of companies uses on their Marksman rifle

Stock is Magpul PRS - which most of companies uses on their Marksman rifle

I don't know man, those 2 stocks have the same profile, hope I'm wrong though :)

Another thing I noticed is that he is wearing the Spec-ops helmet, but with an increased nr. of accessories on it. I didn't spot it at first, but then I saw the ventilation holes drilled through the top. In all the previous videos, he was wearing the "plain" version.

Actually, this is also pretty interesting:

EhHMJ.jpg

Changeable, maybe even fully customizeable reticles on red dot sights. Possibly also for other sights. This would be great, all you´d need is one model of ACOG, and then add the reticle for the particular weapons system you´re mounting it on.

Still no proper collimating sights though. Pity.

Still no proper collimating sights though. Pity.

I have to ask, is this even remotely possible with today's APIs?

it was possible in old arma 1 ,but in arma 2 it isn't even workin on hand held weapons :(

Edited by RobertHammer

The anims are indeed fine. I thought they looked weird at first glance too, mainly because of the upper body leaning forward, but when you take in the whole picture there's really nothing wrong with them.

Haters can be safely ignored.

:D :D

21960953.jpg

I like the new animations, especially with all the difference stances. Admittedly, they may look awkward when everyobody, including guerrilla's are using them (they look more like special forces movement) but I'm sure I'll get used to it. They are slick.

Upon watching this for the hundredth time, the biggest problem I can find is the clouds. They seem to morph shape like tress do in amra 2 when lod switching. Kind of annoying but owell, everything else looks pretty awesome. The next 4 days are going to be very long and painful.

New animations are ok, except for

when in crouching position - it's superhumanly fast and looks a bit unnatural.
Another thing I noticed is that he is wearing the Spec-ops helmet, but with an increased nr. of accessories on it. I didn't spot it at first, but then I saw the ventilation holes drilled through the top. In all the previous videos, he was wearing the "plain" version.

It is Ops-Core FAST Carbon helmet, same as in the Lightning Trailer and the Stratis Teaser.

I know about one game(its actually a mod and its most likely dead but anyway..)

Its shaky and sound lags but its noticeable.

The modern warfare games have working red dot sights. OFP DR and RR had working red dot sights. Old flightsims such as the original IL2 had working collimating sights. Just to name a few examples.

New animations are ok, except for
when in crouching position - it's superhumanly fast and looks a bit unnatural.

It is Ops-Core FAST Carbon helmet, same as in the Lightning Trailer and the Stratis Teaser.

I know it's the OPS-CORE, I\m just saying that compared to the Lighting and Stratis Teaser, it now has accessories attached to it, like that sideways IR strobe on the top.

Well, that's the point of customizable equipment - ability to attach accessories, right?

Well, that's the point of customizable equipment - ability to attach accessories, right?

I wasn´t expecting any attachments in the gear.

________

@video: When he is in 3rd person view, showing the new muzzle flashes and NVG. Why there is no starts while using NVG?

it was possible in old arma 1 ,but in arma 2 it isn't even workin on hand held weapons :(

Seems like I have to revisit ArmA for a bit. I don't think it would hurt to do a rerun just to see how far the ArmA-series has advanced since then.

I know about one game(its actually a mod and its most likely dead but anyway..)

Its shaky and sound lags but its noticeable.

So it seems. However, I'm not entirely sure this would be the same as in ArmA. Correct me if I'm dead wrong here, but usually an FPS would render 1st person and 3rd person with two different models, like Skyrim for instance. With ArmA it would be the one and the same model, but with different camera angles.

... Old flightsims such as the original IL2 had working collimating sights. Just to name a few examples.

Thanks. I thought about it, but I wasn't sure if that was rendered the same way, considering the pilot/camera would be in a confined FOV, if not completely static.

I have my answer now. Thank you all. :)

Yes the anims are ok. But you cant do the same posture all the time, when you walk yes

did you watch the video? he lowered his weapon and ran faster. and walking with weapon down is possible, we have seen it already.

it's exactly like the SMK it's really good when you get in a bulding because your weapon can't block with the door

Did someone notice an inertia pushing driver to the chair, when vehicle starts moving?

That subtle yet immersive little feature has actually been in since Operation Arrowhead ;)

Only gripe I have about animations would be as someone said before, it looking wierd if a civilian picks up a weapon and has the same stance as a trained soldier. Otherwise I like em, they seem sensible enough and I'm so happy to see adjustable (or two toggle) height when crouching..can't recall how many times I had to fidget around to try and get to a window firing position that would let me fire over, or not expose too much.

And it's nice to see the subtle, soft motion from Arma 2 expanded here with Ai and in other manners so that when characters are still they aren't ramrod stuff, feels more organic.

Very much liking the tunes, can't wait to hear and see more at E3.

Also kudo's on the visual style, the matte paint on vehicles and equipment plus the less powerfully normal mapped flesh make things appear far far lifelike.

Edited by NodUnit

Finally a video that isn't all about graphics.

Stances are awesome. I just hope lower/higher stances also apply to standing.

But most of all I hope AI will know how to use them. Them ducking under fire will be a step forward.

Car looks like it indeed uses proper physics as it moves through bumps.

Music is good. The first melody is very OFP-like.

Sound effects are cool. Nice reverb.

If fatigue/encumberance system is what I think it is, the medic system is complex enough (e.g. more than magic handwaving) and BIS will finally decide to add wind this may have a chance to be a real step forward for the series yet.

awesome video, the animations just need some transition times I like it. :D

Short transition times is what people wanted IMO. It's part of less clunkyness in some situations. Usually you're not that quick in real life because you don't need to. But in trouble you are. So instead of animations for lazy patrol and squad under fire you've only animations for squad under fire =).

536469_385670828146320_939930252_n.jpg

Getting a coke from the machine.

Reflections look very nice.

I wonder what shooting trough the glass looks like in A3.

Stances are awesome. I just hope lower/higher stances also apply to standing.

But most of all I hope AI will know how to use them. Them ducking under fire will be a step forward.

Car looks like it indeed uses proper physics as it moves through bumps.

Music is good. The first melody is very OFP-like.

Sound effects are cool. Nice reverb.

If fatigue/encumberance system is what I think it is, the medic system is complex enough (e.g. more than magic handwaving) and BIS will finally decide to add wind this may have a chance to be a real step forward for the series yet.

lol. What do you mean may. I think it is definitely safe to assume a3 is a major step up for the series already. It boggles my mind to think about what it will be like when it actually is released. But I agree with the rest of what you say. It would be awesome if ai could use the stances to use cover effectively, and good fatigue and medical system will be gold.

Short transition times is what people wanted IMO. It's part of less clunkyness in some situations. Usually you're not that quick in real life because you don't need to. But in trouble you are. So instead of animations for lazy patrol and squad under fire you've only animations for squad under fire =).

Yes I agree. It's basically what we've been asking for.

Edited by -Coulum-

As for adjustments...now you probably understand why default position when standing and aiming is like that :) And for prone, well, you will see :)