Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Animations... at long last! I really hope that crouch firing stance can translate to an urban prone firing one as well, as seen in Smookey's former creations. ;)

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

HGU-56P helmet confirmed! :D I've been waiting for these bad boys for a LONG time!

Also, looks like there is an AA version of the Namer.

Yeah I think the AA turret is one of the modules you can slap on the vehicles :D

Also notice that the collimator sight had 2 different styles. "Eotech" and "Kobra"

Is the tank flipping around realistic? I hope so. It seems that damage of vehicles have not been improved. Arrghhh :(

Is the tank flipping around realistic? I hope so. It seems that damage of vehicles have not been improved. Arrghhh :(

All vehicles uses Physx physics ,but anyway you never seen a tank flipping when gets masive arty on it?

All vehicles uses Physx physics ,but anyway you never seen a tank flipping when gets masive arty on it?

Well, PhysX is not ready yet. We have decided to move from PhysX 2 from VBS2 to PhysX 3, which requires more time than we thought. The result is PhysX in E3 is in the beginning again, however the goal should be much better including bigger potential for the future updates/features.

Well, PhysX is not ready yet. We have decided to move from PhysX 2 from VBS2 to PhysX 3, which requires more time than we thought. The result is PhysX in E3 is in the beginning again, however the goal should be much better including bigger potential for the future updates/features.

Good to hear, keep it up guys!

Great stuff. Really like the new stances. Firefights are going to be so much better just because of those. And if the ai can use them effectively... I get a boner just thinking about it.

Really like the muzzle flash as well and pretty much everything else in the video. Can't wait until e3 although I hope they showcase ai in someway as well.

Great, You can say more about the release of the community preview ?

Oh man...

If things go on like this I will be swimming in my own drool soon. Every video I see makes me want to get ARMA III even more. Congratulations to BIS, you guys know how to get people interested :)

Hmm... the terrain/weather looks splendid but the soldier looks tenfold better "on ease" animation + movement. Guess human body movements and animations are too complex/manifold to get them smooth + working into a game? Still missing a (hand/arm) animation to start/stop vehicles engine. The camera/video is stuttering in those small vehicle flatscreens. The SDV seems instantly going up/down like an elevator imo diving/driving under water needs a bit more of fluid mechanics/dynamics. But maybe the direct control over buoyancy is just too direct and needs a bit more "swimming" feel? A3 aircrafts still without switchable strobe warning/collision lights? "Simple Precise Arty Call" options as in A2OA? Hope that BIS don't focus too much on graphics/sfx but also on gameplay/mission making. Btw will the AI be much more improved than in A2OA or will we see again bugs/issues eg with using vehicles in convoys, flying + crashing, using laserdesignators/binoculars, firing wrong AT/AA ammo, using pistols/handguns.... or will the player has an option to micromanage his AI subordinates in A3 much better via simple action command?? Sorry if I'm not get instant-blind or overhyped by advertizing game trailers :)

Vehicle interior lighting? Looked like it.

Also hoping there will be IR flood light along with the IR beam light.

Great, You can say more about the release of the community preview?

I'll have a lot more information about that at E3, but I'd expect the official announcement of the plans after E3, so we can be as clear as possible about the what/where/whens/why/whereforartthous.

Only thing that bothers me is the seemingly lack of recoil/kickback/whatever the term is when firing full auto/burst. But, if that's realistic, I'll take it! Really awesome video. 5 min sneak preview? No problem with me! I think we will see the AI improvements in the campaign showcase Deterrence. Taking on an enemy mortar sight and encampment? Sweet.

Very nice vid, cant wait for E3.

Hmm... the terrain/weather looks splendid but the soldier looks tenfold better "on ease" animation + movement. Guess human body movements and animations are too complex/manifold to get them smooth + working into a game? Still missing a (hand/arm) animation to start/stop vehicles engine. The camera/video is stuttering in those small vehicle flatscreens. The SDV seems instantly going up/down like an elevator imo diving/driving under water needs a bit more of fluid mechanics/dynamics. But maybe the direct control over buoyancy is just too direct and needs a bit more "swimming" feel? A3 aircrafts still without switchable strobe warning/collision lights? "Simple Precise Arty Call" options as in A2OA? Hope that BIS don't focus too much on graphics/sfx but also on gameplay/mission making. Btw will the AI be much more improved than in A2OA or will we see again bugs/issues eg with using vehicles in convoys, flying + crashing, using laserdesignators/binoculars, firing wrong AT/AA ammo, using pistols/handguns.... or will the player has an option to micromanage his AI subordinates in A3 much better via simple action command?? Sorry if I'm not get instant-blind or overhyped by advertizing game trailers :)

Complain much? This was a sneak preview. It wasn't meant to show everything. E3 starts Monday. Wait till then, then come back after E3's over and ask any lingering questions that aren't answered.

That statement makes me a little nervous. I hope you guys will be alright with the new feature, it´d be really awful if it turned out to be a dud because of problems.

Still got my full support. :I Rock ALL the code, BI!

Only thing that bothers me is the seemingly lack of recoil/kickback/whatever the term is when firing full auto/burst.

Given the advent of recoil reduction systems in weapons these days, especially those hailing from Russia (e.g. AN94 and other weapons designed using the effect envelope idea), excessive recoil is probably going to be a thing of the past for small calibre assault rifles in the near future as it stands.

at the solider near the Fennek. Is that a HUD his wearing over his right eye?

Yes he has ,but more interesting what kind weapon he is holding ? it is a somekind marksman rifle or am blind again :D

]Given the advent of recoil reduction systems in weapons these days, especially those hailing from Russia (e.g. AN94 and other weapons designed using the effect envelope idea), excessive recoil is probably going to be a thing of the past for small calibre assault rifles in the near future as it stands.

That's pretty reasonably. Bit the recoil does seem to increase in a more exponential rate which is interesting. And is it just me or is the recoil pushing not only up but also to the side... Awesome. Can't wait till e3

tumblr_m4ke6d69Xe1r95f92o2_500.jpg