Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Believe me we are the first in a line to get deferred stuff and various fixes and optimizations. Often it's a matter of compromise, but more often just about the resources we have. Support us (anyhow) and we will be allowed to do much more.

You need to start your own kickstarter resource to be able to collect money for specific features. :)

We are definitely going to use deferred lighting and shadows, however I have to confess we won't 99% make it into A3 release. This is not an easy task and there are more important issues. Unlike other features this is a huge engine change.

Believe me we are the first in a line to get deferred stuff and various fixes and optimizations. Often it's a matter of compromise, but more often just about the resources we have. Support us (anyhow) and we will be allowed to do much more.

Woohoo!! Thank you so much, devs! :cheers:

I have no doubt this will be your most successful release yet. :D

You need to start your own kickstarter resource to be able to collect money for specific features. :)

Yes. :) Kickstarter is bound to US only. Maybe we could do it our own way and start out own european kickstarter. :D Just kidding. You can see we are using 3rd part libraries more and more. Depends on its rules. And the Kickstarter is unfortunatelly not compatible.

There will be some differences between underwater ammo and standard ammo
Thanks, what kind of main tools for underwater operations will A3 offer to frogmen? How much of (under-) water physics will work and where is the limit for A3 release/development? Btw will players have the choice of using/experiencing different fins eg freediving fins or flipfins in A3?

That's great ,but if it won't be in ArmA 3 , it will be very bad :(

also you could add Parallax Free for optics

That's great ,but if it won't be in ArmA 3 , it will be very bad :(

Hmm, I was about to correct you, but then I realized that Damu's wording was quite ambiguous:

We are definitely going to use deferred lighting and shadows, however I have to confess we won't 99% make it into A3 release.

I read this as "it won't make it into the release version, but we will add it later in a patch"... but now that I think about it, he could also be saying that it's not coming to Arma3 at all. Hopefully Damu can clear this up? :)

but now that I think about it, he could also be saying that it's not coming to Arma3 at all. Hopefully Damu can clear this up? :)

You're right.

No info about this at the moment. Not scheduled actually. Alghough we would like to have it already, you know.

We are definitely going to use deferred lighting and shadowchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:::static noise:::chhhhhhh

hehe, selective vision at its finest

I can live with Alpha version ,but final version ArmA 3 should have deferred lighting and shadows ,because benefit from it will be very good

and mainly i don't wanna wait for ArmA 4 or ArmA 5 to have that :p

Edited by RobertHammer

Yes. :) Kickstarter is bound to US only. Maybe we could do it our own way and start out own european kickstarter. :D Just kidding. You can see we are using 3rd part libraries more and more. Depends on its rules. And the Kickstarter is unfortunatelly not compatible.

Perhaps BIS could sell downloadable content to those of us who would like to support you guys. Maybe the people who purchase downloadable content could have special icons displayed beside their username to identify them as loyal BIS supporters, just a little something to make the them feel good about assisting you.

and mainly i don't wanna wait for ArmA 4 or ArmA 5 to have that :p

It's still ambiguous. ArmA3 does not necessarily mean ArmA3:XY, eg. some kind of DLC like OA that will arrive sooner.

You're right.

No info about this at the moment. Not scheduled actually. Alghough we would like to have it already, you know.

It's good to know it's on the wishlist at least. Would it be plausable that it might end up as a feature for "ArmA 3: Operation Spearhead"? :rolleyes: Considering what is possible to include in an expansion pack.

EDIT: And of course BI will get my support. I don't have OFP GOTY, ArmA, ArmA: QG, A2, OA (boxed), OA (Sprocket), A2: PMC, A2: BAF, ArmA X, CC:GM, and TOH + DLCs for nothing. :p

Edited by colossus

We are definitely going to use deferred lighting and shadows, however I have to confess we won't 99% make it into A3 release. This is not an easy task and there are more important issues. Unlike other features this is a huge engine change.

No doubt... i can only imagine the chalenge of getting the DX11 path working up to the current state.

My support will keep up, there is plenty of candy in my eyes already. But I assure you champagne and fireworks will pop at my house when that 1% is finaly crossed over.

Wrong thread.

Shit-animations again (for stay stance with weapon) :facepalm:

weh I guess the animations of this guy are shit then too :( damn irl, you so unrealistic.

and damn, half of those guys are badly modelled too. :<

It´s not about looking good. It´s about being realistic. This type of shooting stance has been going around for a while now, and you can spot it elsewhere too, apart from these semi-civilian shooters.

Maybe we should make an ArmA 4 Confirmed Features thread then? :) In any case, I'm glad you guys are going for deferred shading, even if it'll never make it to ArmA 3.

Interesting twitter conversation ;).

Originally from twitter:

16h Marseilles â€@MarseilleAgbebi

@SionLenton Any news on a future Flashpoint game?

1h Sion Lenton â€@SionLenton

#Arma3 looks lovely tho? http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/arma-3-in-engine-footage-shows-off-lighting-tech

12:49 PM - 25 May 12 via web

Is it really him? If so, he was double agent and actually worked for BIS during OF2 development. :p

Holy crap they fixed the HDR into something presentable, i never thought this would happen.

If so, he was double agent and actually worked for BIS during OF2 development. :p

That would explain a lot. ;)

Maybe we should make an ArmA 4 Confirmed Features thread then? :) In any case, I'm glad you guys are going for deferred shading, even if it'll never make it to ArmA 3.

It's the same as the wishlist. Not important if community or BI. Deferred lighting could make it into a patch, DLC or addon. Nobody knows so far. Depends on many many things. But if Arma series will continue, there will be deferred lighting, not so far in the future. Again, not in Arma3 release, sadly.

It's the same as the wishlist. Not important if community or BI. Deferred lighting could make it into a patch, DLC or addon. Nobody knows so far. Depends on many many things. But if Arma series will continue, there will be deferred lighting, not so far in the future. Again, not in Arma3 release, sadly.

A bit sad to hear but oh well, just remember that dynamic shadows done right can be, not only a asthetic effect but also an immersive one, such as going through a tunnel crowded with objects..it's dark, with an eerie atmosphere, made even more eerie by your flashlight causing shadows to jump, making you think you see things as sounds in the background further make you nervous as you tread onward. If abilities such as dynamic shadows came in the form of DLC somehow I'd buy it, it's not a consideration of an incomplete game and it adds plenty in it's own right.

Come to think of it, if HDR no longer causes screen flickering, or fights the monitor to achieve a certain brightness or darkness, along with the other vast array of new features, opens several doors to all kinds of things, not just military.

Edited by NodUnit

Shit-animations again (for stay stance with weapon) :facepalm:

Ive seen plenty of chaps lean forward while shooting.

when I was out shooting shotguns I was told to lean forward (good or bad I dunno..just told to do it :p)

Deferred lighting could make it into a patch, DLC or addon. Nobody knows so far. Depends on many many things. But if Arma series will continue, there will be deferred lighting, not so far in the future. Again, not in Arma3 release, sadly.

Thanks for the info, Damu. I hope it will be added in a patch later, but if it becomes necessary to include it in a DLC or addon instead, I'd be more than happy to pay for that too. :)

As someone already mentioned, it would be an important feature for PvP CQB, so your flash light doesn't give your position away by penetrating walls, etc. Not to mention it would also look very nice.