Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Uuuhm shooting underwater is possible......

You only need special underwater ammo and maybe some weapon which is water friendly (don't jams in the water) - in future everything is possible

great job. But shooting underwater is not possible.

Oh, in fact it is :)

@RH, don't you think that round barrel just over the trigger resembles more to the KSG, rather than the RFB?

RFB_3002.jpg

And The animations of the soldiers are from a person with spinal problems

A bit stiff, sure. But you don't have to use the tactical stance.

And The animations of the soldiers are from a person with spinal problems
Another feature worth mentioning is 'alternate poses', which is an experimental feature we're keen to validate with the Community Alpha and see if it earns its place. These are extensions of the three basic stances (stand, kneel and prone). With them, you can adjust to have a high/low or left/right variant to each stance. In terms of gameplay, we'd expect to see improvements in finding effective cover and being able to fire from it.
http://www.bistudio.com/english/company/developers-blog/294-report-in-interview-with-zdenk-vespalec-animation-lead

It is an alternate pose.

Thanks for new lighting info guess most people will enjoy sunrise-daylight-sunset-twilight-dusk and night in A3, maybe even take a break from shooting.... :) Do those underwater weapons use supercavitating ammunition and have a limited accurate range ~25m or will there be no difference to standard ammunition in A3? Hope that a handgrenade will be useable in A3 as deadly "depth charge" too.

Video looks great, but one of the major problems with ArmA 2 lighting (IMO) is that light beams are not obstructed by objects. In the video, the portion titled "Long Range Lighting" seems to show the same issue in ArmA 3. Is this true, or am I missing something?

Good video. Everything looked great and sounded great. The turret had a nice beefy sound to it :)

Good bye, light cones. Good bye, radiated grass.

Hello, ArmA 3! Time to put on some sunglasses :cool:

The turret had a nice beefy sound to it :)

Hell yeah! :cool:

oh yeah, I thought you meant this picture :o

That's KSG for sure :)

but now - i still don't know what is that Tan weapon before underwater scene - it really looks like Bushmaster ACR ,but it still looks different - like Polish weapon MSBS , dunno

Edited by RobertHammer

That's KSG for sure :)

but now - i still don't know what is that Tan weapon before underwater scene - it really looks like Bushmaster ACR ,but it still looks different - like Polish weapon MSBS , dunno

Could be a ACR with a different stock.

Awesome video, the police car is very nice at night.

I bit dont like the big text Press Enter, but still its in devs hands so time to countdown E3 and try convince again that running guy with cam to visit BIS place.

Video looks great, but one of the major problems with ArmA 2 lighting (IMO) is that light beams are not obstructed by objects. In the video, the portion titled "Long Range Lighting" seems to show the same issue in ArmA 3. Is this true, or am I missing something?

I'm pretty sure Pavel said in the interview that for the time being the sun and moon do not cast shadows.

EDIT: It's the other way around sorry, the point-light doesn't cast shadows yet, but sun and moon do. OK well it's still early days, can't wait for the E3 demo :D

Edited by Clarkey1

If you pause the video at 1:24, you can see the amazing searchlight from the helicopter go through 5+ hangars...

I'm pretty sure Pavel said in the interview that for the time being the sun and moon do not cast shadows.

I was referring to the rotating spotlight in the video. It pans over several structures and none of them seem to block the light from going through them.

I guess it's possible that the light is way higher than all of them but I think that's unlikely.

great job. But shooting underwater is not possible. And The animations of the soldiers are from a person with spinal problems

Uh, yes it is, and has been since the 70s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underwater_firearm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APS_amphibious_rifle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mk_1_Underwater_Defense_Gun

and more recently:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASM-DT_amphibious_rifle

The lighting looks a lot better! But the fact that the sun and moon are the only shadow-emitting light sources is disappointing. It means lights (like the searchlight in the video) still won't be blocked by objects. It also makes me think that indoor lighting hasn't been improved.

Um... I think our mystery weapon is the XCR :D

If so.. thanks BIS ;)