Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

infact. none of them are wearing socks!!!!

Also can we have that car in Arma3? :cool:

This only increases my interest in going there. Unfortunately due to recent events in Greece flight routes and cheap tickets has ceased to exist, but I digress.

Nice dev. blog entry. I'm looking forward to reading Guglava's "Report In!".

Edited by colossus

I don't think any of the BI dev's will be allowed inside Greek soil now.

Edited by 4 IN 1

I really hope they put the small ditches like that into the game, ideal cover.

Would be awesome to have that level of micro-terrain but how would an AI get out of it?

interesting, and next dev blog about lighting & engine optimisations :rolleyes:

Yup, can't wait for that one :)

Indeed. Really looking forward to hearing what's they've done with the lighting tech. Hopefully we'll also get some info on whether they plan to add support for more dynamic shadow casting light sources.

Would be awesome to have that level of micro-terrain but how would an AI get out of it?

How would PLAYERS get out of them? Those things can be treacherous. lol

How would PLAYERS get out of them? Those things can be treacherous. lol

Just walk out?

In chernarus there's a ditch near Krasnotav airport (it's actually the dry bank of a creek running to Willow Lake) I really like that and wish there where more of those. Some smaller, some larger.

Nice Devblog. Those roads look like you really need a 4x4

New devblog was surprising and exciting. NOT.

No new screenshots, rehashed gameplay video, they basically just said what everyone already knew this time last year -couple of guys took some photo's. Wow, expect thousands of interested people to come scrambling over here any minute now to see this amazing news. NOT.

No new screenshots, rehashed gameplay video, they basically just said what everyone already knew this time last year -couple of guys took some photo's. Wow, expect thousands of interested people to come scrambling over here any minute now to see this amazing news. NOT.

For some people it is interesting to know what happens behind the scenes, even if there is no new in game photo's it is still nice to know the lengths BIS go to so our lovely new terrain is nice and authentic.

hey hey easy there tiger.

A Devblog, read developers blog and not amazing Arma 3 news, exists to give a more in depth look at a certain feature or part of development, in this case the real life trip to Lemnos.

You might not appreciate this kind of behind-the-scenes information but some do. It is nice to see how the team incorporates this kind of trips and gift wrapping paper to the development :p

Anyways...

Is there any chance we could see a bigger version of the panorama shots, Jay? Would be much appreciated :)

So you don't like reports that go beyond just showing off ingame material? Pity. Feel free to move along then and busy yourself with other things. Don't come here and act like the developers owe you. They don't.

/endofstory

I care about these behind the scenes things. In fact, I think we don´t get enough. I want the juicy details. Tell me how difficult it was to code X or implement Y. Tell me how your work relates to other works of fiction in the area. Talk about artistic inspirations, business considerations and compromises. Show me work in progress from sketch to final mission/asset. That´s the only thing that disappointed me about this (and other recent devblogs, though that´s a problem of manpower. Better have them working on the game, rather than peripheral advertising) devblog was the little content.

Anyways...

Is there any chance we could see a bigger version of the panorama shots, Jay? Would be much appreciated :)

Yes please, around 5940x1080 res would be nice, no reason.

Ahh you got me, I will be making sure A3 looks exactly like those pictures or I will cry and bitch on here like it is the BF3 forums.

A heartfelt thanks goes out to all you BIS guys suffering the great weather, nice food, nice drink and lovely scenery just to give us Arma fans the atmosphere we demand.

It must have been hell on earth being put through all that for days on end.

The part where you had to repeatedly explain to the wife that in fact it was indeed work related and they couldn't come along that is. ;)

If BIS had new in game content to show us they would have done so, it's not like they had to choose between behind the scenes and game preview content...at least I don't think they would be that cruel! ;)

I realize they were still mostly using the old animations in this video, but I've noticed something interesting:

It looks to me like the character actually reacts to being shot before he is killed and rag-dolled!

I realize they were still mostly using the old animations in this video, but I've noticed something interesting:

It looks to me like the character actually reacts to being shot before he is killed and rag-dolled!

In a rudimentary way. It appears that his torso jerks at an angle, much like the current reaction to explosion splash damage. Not sure if it's an animation or a lucky ragdoll when he falls on his knees.

Technically this isn't a confirmed feature yet and disusing it would go against the thread rules, but I doubt BIS will leave this particular piece of firepower out of the game, so here it goes.

What do you guys think will fill the Medium Machinegun role in 2035 ArmAverse. The US is fielding the M240L right now and General Dynamics just went public with the LWMMG. Unless BIS hasn't already decided on the MMG it has 2 options. The tricky part is thinking of a future OPFOR MMG. Will Iran be sporting a Russian style MMG or Western :) since they are using the Tavor and we did see a Iranian solider(look at the solider on the left, you can see the barrel of an LMG near his left hip) holding an LMG that looked like a KAC LMG or a LSAT.

EDIT

Could a moderator please move this to the confirmed features thread.

Edited by Maio

Lighting Devblog will come "later this week" according to the Arma 3 Facebook channel :)

Part of the announcement was also this new reference shot of the lovely weather on Limnos.

Is there any chance we can see these panorama shots in proper quality!?

Lighting Devblog will come "later this week" according to the Arma 3 Facebook channel :)

Part of the announcement was also this new reference shot of the lovely weather on Limnos.

Is there any chance we can see these panorama shots in proper quality!?

Probably this Thursday. Traditions have to be kept :) I hope we get some before and after screenshots, that's the best way to see the difference :)

Can't wait! I hope they show lighting inside buildings and vehicles. That's the main area I think needs work in Arma 2.

lighting, please, just be awesome, be awesome! The most interesting devblog for me so far.