Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

sorry but i want a proof ... i don't trust you until i have a proof (that a sneaky plan to have a new picture so don't take it seriously)

i shall repeat myself, the animations are NOT done...

A fact that doesn't make my point invalid.

Wow that airfield looks awesome, the ground looked like it had a bunch of craters on the surface of the field.

Shadows were drawing for a long distance too awesome!

Textures on the terrain at a distance still looked really muddy when he was aiming down sights after he shows off infantry animations.

I'm not gonna get in to the video just yet, need to see it a few more times first. Didn't see much of the stuttering that was mentioned (ref: Gamepage's own video, not YT). Just that first clip, but I think that's an old clip from E3 2011 (correct me if I'm wrong). I am however interested in this posture. I'm hoping it will be included in ArmA 3, as the leaning (Q/E) when laying down. I'm sure rolling could still be possible if it was moved to a double-tap A/D.

I'm not gonna get in to the video just yet, need to see it a few more times first. Didn't see much of the stuttering that was mentioned (ref: Gamepage's own video, not YT). Just that first clip, but I think that's an old clip from E3 2011 (correct me if I'm wrong). I am however interested in this posture. I'm hoping it will be included in ArmA 3, as the leaning (Q/E) when laying down. I'm sure rolling could still be possible if it was moved to a double-tap A/D.

I thought that was a photo of the mocapper midway through the roll animation. I do like the prone lean idea though.

This is what I mean -the left arm is too long and the palm backward looks strange for her small boned frame. Also the forearm appears to have more girth then the upper arm which shouldn't be unless she's an arm wrestler.

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m594/froggyluv/running1.jpg

looks strange. whenever I run my arms dont move so much back...

It is the standard Style from BIS I know since Op.F. ;)

but I like the new Video. Looks great!

Bikini girl is using WIP male animations since female version isnt finished yet (that said i am not responsible for unarmed cycles - just a headsup before u stone me publically :)). And as for headbob looking like in arma1 - headbob is a matter of tweaking mostly.

Don't worry, we'll stone you for failing to take responsibility! There's no "I" in BI!

On a more related note, it seems that aircraft positioning lights now seem to be visible at daytime.

On a more related note, it seems that aircraft positioning lights now seem to be visible at daytime.

From the look of it it was more of a late afternoon/dusk setting. That would explain the lights being used.

looks strange. whenever I run my arms dont move so much back...

It is the standard Style from BIS I know since Op.F. ;)

but I like the new Video. Looks great!

Guess they were focused on the lower half of her which looks erhm, well, healthy...

its already fixed:)

Smookie, is the time required to raise the rifle upon stopping likely to change? I like the new animations, don't get me wrong, but at the moment the velocity with which the character raises their weapon upon stopping is superhuman at least.

5:34 to 5:38, for example.

Not only that but the switch to optics view is also ridiculously fast - almost instant.

Hi, the video isn't that impressive IMO and seems that the gameplay changes are really few, again the soldiers seem to be walking weapon platforms unable to fire in an stable way while walking; no playability changes... = no new game. Let's C ya

I did not like the animations so far, still feels robotic some times.... hope it gets better

The transition from standing to crouch is still bad, there needs to be a realistic transition delay.

Might want to decrease how far the third person camera pans out when underwater to avoid being able to look above the waters surface when underwater like showed in the footage.

Also underwater needs more bubbles it look pretty static when the delivery vehicle was going through the water. (probably wrong on this just my opinion)

Lighting at 2:52 looks superb.

Edited by Flash Thunder

Wow, Stratis looks way better than I even hoped!! When I first get this game, I think I'll just spend some time driving and flying around to explore the beautiful scenery. The SDV and it's RtT displays are very impressive too. I predict there will be full-scale submarine and battleship mods.

This footage is pre-alpha, so I think it would be wrong to drawn any conclusions from it about the animations. I remember playing the beta of a popular shooter that had lots of animation glitches, animations that were poorly timed, and some were even entirely missing. I have faith in the A3 team and I bet they will pull this off quite well and leave us in further awe. :D

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Also, many thanks to you guys for uploading the footage and the translation!

its the fact some people dont think of that annoys me...."OMG sounds are the same! they run the same!"... can you not see that the game is still being made?

is the true and yes is a WIP. if BIS dont want these criticisms they should make as Skyrim keep silence till you have something to show

Hi, the video isn't that impressive IMO and seems that the gameplay changes are really few, again the soldiers seem to be walking weapon platforms unable to fire in an stable way while walking; no playability changes... = no new game. Let's C ya

I agree

Another thing that annoys me is how every scope has that silly real-time range finder that scans the distance 100 times a second.

Another thing that annoys me is how every scope has that silly real-time range finder that scans the distance 100 times a second.

That is futuristic feature and most likely won't be changed

Edited by RobertHammer

Hey I remember you commented

Dudes complaining about ArmA3 being too sci fi should watch that Blops2 trailer

You obviously can't even make up your own mind. :hehe:

Haha everyone stressin over animations is funny, they should be fast or instant so we can play PvP perfectly.

*trololololololo

Looks fantastic so far, the footage seemed to be so fluid.

my only observations - I too agree the transition between animations looked quite bit too fast as well raising the scope; too fast ( and I disagree that is needed for PvP )

Could be ( it is) work in progress but I was very dissapointed to see the black stuff around scope, I was really hoping for at least RTT walkaround. No black stuff around scope please.

Anyways, keep up the good work and cheers for sharing the footage!

It could be just me but anyone else noticed the too ''blured'' terrain after about 200m? (yes on ISP panel)

Smookie, is the time required to raise the rifle upon stopping likely to change? I like the new animations, don't get me wrong, but at the moment the velocity with which the character raises their weapon upon stopping is superhuman at least.

5:34 to 5:38, for example.

Yes, this feature, as Vespa said in the interview, is being worked on with quite some priority but its more programming than animation related.

Damn, who make this curve-shit walking and jogging animations for soldiers?! Arma1-StarWars animations returned to Arma 3 OMG!!!?!1

Smookie its your deal? :\

He looks likes a hopping rabits and CloneSoldiers of Star Wars movie :facepalm: ... oh no again... :(

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 ----------

What looks likes current animations for soldiers

please look at this idiots on video, he is similar with anims :(

Damn, maby have sense use Euphoria or change animators :D ...

How record realistic animation for soldiers:

-Actor must have knowledges about anatomy

-MoCap artist must be weared (have on self all tactical equipmet with original weight)

-Animations must be recorded on real soldiers, because perfect movements in his head, exept home-sitting fat mom-boys :(, sorry

Edited by J-Guid

Yes, this feature, as Vespa said in the interview, is being worked on with quite some priority but its more programming than animation related.

No worries - thanks for the answer. :)