Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

WOW

It's so much more then what I was expecting... my god they really have been working over the last 12 months... haha :P

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Damn... look at the size of that airfield and island :bounce3:

Am I the only one who was hoping I would get a view of the MI-48 cockpit :D ?

OMG me to!! I was hoping so bad

Holy shizzle that water looks so real.

it looks so insanely real!!

Although the underwater footage is not realistic for anyone that has ever been scuba diving in tropical waters... you would partially agree

Did anyone else notice the visible heat distortion from the Mi-48 turbines? Check out 15:36 for example. :)

Also, very high shadow draw distance is noticable at the same time.

That is something i have noticed as well. The draw distance for the shadows is something that could change the way far away units stand out or not...

would have loved to have a translation, as well as a proper 1080p video though ;)

would have loved to have a translation

working on it :) Tough it might/will take some time

as well as a proper 1080p video though ;)

absolutely!

I'm especially amazed at the apparently high level of performance despite the very high view distance. Would be great to know what kind of hardware the game was running on in that video. :D

The alpha really can't come soon enough.

Could anyone upload the video to Youtube, the 576p is bugged and doesn't play back properly.

I wish the video was on Youtube because then we could save it. Thanks PurePassion for working on a translation, that will be really good.

This sounds so awesome, I wish I could watch it on the website! Is anyone going to be uploading it to YouTube?

I wish the video was on Youtube because then we could save it. Thanks PurePassion for working on a translation, that will be really good.
Could anyone upload the video to Youtube, the 576p is bugged and doesn't play back properly.
This sounds so awesome, I wish I could watch it on the website! Is anyone going to be uploading it to YouTube?

Converting as we speak. :) I will upload it to my youtube channel and add subtitles as soon as they are finished.

(if you want, you can check my stratis showcase video and see if you find a surprise ;) )

eEMsNP04fJM

Done! ;)

Source: original TV mpeg-ts stream 720x576 25fps ~5000kbps. Best what we can get, unfortunatly ÄŒT2 is not HD yet :(.

Maximally I can also upload somewhere original mget-ts stream.

^^ Sorry Purepassion, but I can make it private, if you want ;).

Edited by BoboCZ

Converting as we speak. :) I will upload it to my youtube channel and add subtitles as soon as they are finished.

(if you want, you can check my stratis showcase video and see if you find a surprise ;) )

Awesome thanks man! Can't wait for subtitles haha

I hope the running animation is an old one, because I don't see any difference between it and what ARMA 2 had.

Am I the only one who was hoping I would get a view of the MI-48 cockpit :D ?

Hahah, yeah I had to stop myself from pressing Numpad Enter!:o

Amazing!

BTW, does i am only one who thinks that new Death / Game Over scene looks best since OFP? :D

Amazing!

BTW, does i am only one who thinks that new Death / Game Over scene looks best since OFP? :D

The glory days are back! Project splendid is a success!

btw: Project splendid is Take on DEV team + Arma Dev team all working together to make Arma 3 all it can be!

Things I notice:

Things to note:

1. Exhaust fumes from Helicopter

2. The realistic/photolistic look of the ocean.

3. Running, jogging, and 2 types of crouching animations + leaning.

4. Shadow draw distance is massively improved, you can see the shadow extending out from the helicopter silhouetting the mountains.

Edited by James2464

BIS how we can arrange it so you can TAKE MY MONEYYYYY asap?

Take my Money? They can take my house and steal my identity if I get to play ArmA 3!

hell no they aint taking my money just yet

i want a new PC :D

The only thing I don't like at all are the old "black screen with hole in the middle" sights... :)

Maybe something which can be improved in A4.

Edit: Especially because R2T/PIP is available in the engine now.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

The only thing I don't like are the old "black screen with hole in the middle" sights... :)

Maybe something which can be improved in A4.

Edit: Especially because R2T/PIP is available in the engine now.

Xeno

+1

It is really time for a new scope sight. Black screen with hole is so 2001 :p

I Order a RO2 Scope please :D

sniper-scope-resized-jpeg.jpg

The terrain shown during the Mi-48 footage looks difficult and dangerous for armored and wheeled vehicles, ATGM teams will be so hard to spot. Even infantry units will struggle fighting their way through those nasty looking hills, the assigned pointman is going to be a bundle of nerves.