Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Play it 0.5x half speed and you will see

But I don't play the game at half speed.

FFfffff....that scenery and lighting is stunning...so much to compliment but I don't want to waste peoples time with a paragraph so here goes..

The color is so rich and vibrant, a beautiful change from the oh so popular washed out battlefield 3 visual style. It's hard to look at Stratis and then back to Utes, there really is no comparison, the way the hills look even more natural than Chernarus really speaks to environmental design advancing, and it works beautifully with props and lighting and it's nice to see that the "training" island has quite a lot of personality rather than being an island mostly here as a small project, with such richness in detail and diversity in even the grass.

The clouds and new sun system really compliment each other, I thought it looked great in TKOH but this is even better! That intro scene with the rich blue sky, clouds slowly moving followed by the sunset, I'll be spending hours just admiring the scenery and watching the sky, I know that as an aviation kind of guy that it's going to be wonderful. The environment is impressive too, I don't think that we've seen an open area quite so cluttered as this before http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/arma3_screenshot_stratis_1204_04_4.jpg we've seen bases yes but they were far more open and empty, towns yes but they were single objects, I'm really hoping this means that 3D editor is far more likely.

The animation was so...strange but in a good way, there was always something "eye catching" about arma's motion, but here it was so smooth that it didn't stick out, in fact everything was done so well, it was easy to miss many things! Such as the sunset patrolling soldiers moving at similar speeds but one with his weapon up and the other down, the way the body moves when changing speeds, the first wheeled vehicles bounce when it first goes downhill and much more.

It's also great to see the team having fun with the under water dynamic, rather than "well we can dive under water now, so maybe we'll put some plan life and call it good" It kind of brings a tear to my eye to see Operation Flashpoint, Flashpoint Elite, Arma1, Arma2 and Arma3, seeing that while they all have many things in common. Building upon the predecessor rather than loitering, always pushing the limits and adding more in every way. Despite it's flaws it really is a great example of how modern games can evolve without losing themselves in the process, and I can't wait to see more of what wonderful love the team has when we see their efforts firsthand.

Edited by NodUnit

mmm

judging for the size of these rocks, I would say that tunnels are made by old tricks means, hiding boxes objects below big volume models...

348mw7d.jpg

I think it's the F-35. You could be right but I think the tail is on a much sharper angle than the J-10 though.

mmm

judging for the size of these rocks, I would say that tunnels are made by old tricks means, hiding boxes objects below big volume models...

http://oi42.tinypic.com/348mw7d.jpg

Yes I think you might be right Rob, that is definitely a viable solution to tunnels/bunkers.

Nice rocks too :P

Whole thing looks great except the werid head animation of the guy shooting who keeps looking around? Lol.

I noticed that too. AI shuould probably be made to look down their sights while firing a weapon.

So it is 30 Km SW of Limnos... I hope they are loaded as one map and I can fly between them... fingers crossed....:icon_dj::dancehead:

^^While that would be freakin awesome, I kinda doubt it...

So it is 30 Km SW of Limnos... I hope they are loaded as one map and I can fly between them... fingers crossed....:icon_dj::dancehead:

Nope.

What is the spartan trail? i saw it on google earth but what is it?:386:

So it is 30 Km SW of Limnos... I hope they are loaded as one map and I can fly between them... fingers crossed....

That would be really awesome but they're separate islands like Chernarus and Utes.

Could be possible to make it like that if there was like 20 km of ocean to fly through first so the game can unload the content of Limnos and load the content of Stratis unless there's other problems.

New PR special agent Dwarden is quite active, sharing some more info. :D

i can assure You that our ARMA 3 will have even more settings available for the user than ARMA 2 serie which already out-shined most of titles in that part ;)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/19/arma-iii-announces-new-island-incredible-new-video/#comment-966841

----------------------------

UI gets massive update, wait for the surprise :)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/19/arma-iii-announces-new-island-incredible-new-video/#comment-966844

----------------------------

Random guy:

So you can dive now?

Dwarden:

yes and much more :)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/19/arma-iii-announces-new-island-incredible-new-video/#comment-966775

Edited by Undeceived

New PR special agent Dwarden is quite active, sharing some more info. :D

LOL I'm loving his little comments,

Lets all keep looking for more of his sneaky gorilla marketing ploys!

Here are some more:

Dwarden says:

we are working on improving things, new OA beta soon with more fixes

mikmanner says:

Not sure of those gunshots or the music. Audio has never been Bohemias strongest feature. Especially the voice acting!

19/04/2012 at 18:54 Dwarden says:

real guns sounds recorded with profi equipment sounds differently than done by hand camera or ‘make up sounds’ by some game companies using lion roar for engine etc. :)

anyway look at our devblog about recording e.g. .50 cal rifle including firing it by some of our developers

Dwarden says:

the damage model and AI s*** was improved by us each major iteration and each update … please read the changelog and what can community use now compared to what was there decade ago …

Best CM ever.

Edited by James2464

Me thinks Dwarden needs a pay raise for his contribution to project Splendid and the forums. :D

I saw all his comments earlier quite cool, hes a dev and a PR agent

Why Not switching between islands? It's a feature of carrier command - so why not here?

Why Not switching between islands? It's a feature of carrier command - so why not here?

Because it's a different engine and likely a lot harder to implement than in CC. Also it's not strictly necessary, thus probably not important enough to justify the amount of work needed to make it happen.

Anyway no one said it's definitely not happening, just that it's unlikely.

Hopefully they will fix that shooting animation. Casual looking around while shooting looks quite bad. I guess it's a by-product of abandoning separate head animations...