Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

First off they aren't taken over by the Russia army, due to economic reasons they have bought there gas supplies and russia uses that as factor when dealing with them. just a "do what we say or we cut off your gas" job.

Ireland under NATO influence is a bit odd, the Swiss and Swedes are still neutral yet we aren't? That is the strange one to me

As far as I can tell there are no shadows being cast in that screenshot. Look at the mudguards on the vehicles for example, or the plants in front of them. Considering the position of the light source, the plants in the background should be in shadow, but they aren't.

so, slovakia under russian influences, fun stuff.

Those shadows - very important, actually it is one of the most important things. Can't go commando when light passes through entire house and reveals you. Also interiors :yay:

I don't see shadows cast by the headlights. It just seems a little darker in front of the first vehicle but I don't see a real shadow.

So it's seems BIS have decided to back away from the backstory that involves Iran knocking on the door of Westen Europe and stops it at the Aegean; if the removal of the reference "2nd Battle of Brno" from the profile of Col. Vahid Namdar is anything to go by. Despite this they still seem to have pushed towards a true world war by the mention of a conflict being fought between China and the US, even if it is a proxy.

With the US locked into its own proxy-wars against aggressive Chinese expansionism in the Pacific, with each year more member-states leaving NATO on the promise of Russian oil, the fragmented alliance faces the growing risk of a global conflict that they can ill-afford.

Just one small thing, I think that right car has window down. Hopefully it is also breakable.

web_factions_artwork.jpg

Regarding shadow, I'm now/still non-believer, it can be anything ;).

I like story, looks promising :thumbsup:.

Shadows cast by a light source other than the sun or moon...

There is a light source somewhere on the right of the picture that you mention but what? That's an other story.

As far as I can tell there are no shadows being cast in that screenshot. Look at the mudguards on the vehicles for example, or the plants in front of them. Considering the position of the light source, the plants in the background should be in shadow, but they aren't.

I was under the impressions that the 1st vehicle was actually blocking the light from the 2nd and 3th ones because of the abrupt "cut" in the light.

Self-shadow don´t seem to be on though.

Seems like the chemlights cast shadows.

€: Ninja'd

Are you saying the new pic is chemlights? If so, the green in that pic isn't from chemlights. It's clearly Night Vision. Compare

thumbs_arma3_screenshot_1202_18.jpg

thumbs_arma3_screenshot_1202_01.jpg

And even if not, I do agree with you. The chemlights are casting shadows as well.

Yes, there is a NV filter in the pic....

Don't know about the shadows in that picture. But it appears to me night vision may now have "limited distance", which is something at least I have been asking for as today they are just too helpful.

I like the multicam paint on the M-ATV in the picture with the flags (like the Blufor uniforms).

Also someone mentioned Pegasus being on the Iranian flag either in this thread or one of the other's discussing the new info and images. That's actually a Gryphon.

Edited by Steakslim

Am i wrong or are those shadows in the background of the latest nightvision screenshot from a dynamic light source? Might be a vehicle.

Am i wrong or are those shadows in the background of the latest nightvision screenshot from a dynamic light source? Might be a vehicle.

Unclear at this point, unfortunately, though I do believe so. It still might just be the moon very low in the sky (just above the horizon), but something tells me the shadows in that screenshot are no "accident" caused by such unlikely circumstances.

I think BI does things like that on purpose to see if we will dissect it or not.

The shadow looks fairly straight, if it were the moon casting that shadow, and it were just above the horizon as you say then wouldn't the sun be on the opposite side? Yet we can clearly see stars in the sky rather than the transition phase, and judging by the how dark things are, there may not even be any moon. At any point in that time wouldn't the shadows be angled downwards? What is that in the grass above the A3 logo, is it a dark bit of ground, or another shadow? If it is ground then why is the ground near the southernmost guy brighter?

I'm no good with perspective to this degree so I won't comment on that, but the position of the light as opposed to the wall, and the direction of the walls shadow seems a bit strange. Either way the picture does show many promising things for NVG, darker sky, less visible stars, less visible distance, the ground is darker (even with OA it appears to be the same brightness as near the flare in that image, regardless of moon phase). Lights no longer impact normal maps in any way, (In A1 the sun/moon transition destroyed them, in A2 and arrowhead this was fixed but lights such as fires, lamps and strobes still "destroyed" them check OA's night ops mission and look at the hmmwv under the street light.)

Edited by NodUnit

if it were the moon casting that shadow, and it were just above the horizon as you say then wouldn't the sun be on the opposite side?

Dude, I think you've been playing too much Minecraft. :D

The moon and the sun are not always on opposite sides of the sky. xD

DOH! I don't think I'm qualified to debate on this.

Edited by NodUnit

Dude, I think you've been playing too much Minecraft. :D

The moon and the sun are not always on opposite sides of the sky. xD

Would you like to make one comparison pic to prove this new feature? one is the original pic the other is an ARMA2 analog pic.

Would you like to make one comparison pic to prove this new feature? one is the original pic the other is an ARMA2 analog pic.

Interesting idea, but no. I'm content to simply wait and see how it pans out. ;)

Woah! Lighting looks stunning, same goes for the environment. Yeah, I didn't quite like the way scope popped up... And what's up with that guys reaction on filming lol? XD