Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Yay new stuff :) Thanks CM

The screens look good and indeed show many new things

but daaamn there is really some work on the german PR due :D

Great find Criminal! That rocky crop with the soldier on top as well as the underground structure....wow.

wow, that looks awesome. Looking at the underground complex/Iranian sentry pic, I wonder if we are seeing a still of the new animations. Looks like it might be different from ArmA 2. And, of course, the UGV's look amazing.

Who says it's an underground structure? Remember the "Mine" on Takistan? You can't go into it. Don't get too excited just yet.

Anyways, this one seems to be one of the unmanned ground vehicles.

New video here too with a little bit extra footage, stuff i hadn't seen anyways -

Interview is not English but keep on watching for the footage

The screen with jets shows low res ground texture - I hope it's WIP or DoF effect or something. I do not want Charnorus sat texture mistake once again.

Someone said the game was going to feature 4x detail on the sat maps. Sure doesn't look like that's the case in that screen :(

Looks like Chernarus

Yeah im Really hoping that was just a particular part of Lemnos ground texture that they weren't finished on when the shot was taken.

Hi, there's been a while since i'd seen something new about the ArmA3, they should publish something new about it. Let's C ya

Hi, there's been a while since i'd seen something new about the ArmA3, they should publish something new about it. Let's C ya

The pope says

soonpopef3j2n.jpg

But I don't know how to interpret that smile :butbut:

Hmm, L-159 ALCA (!!!) in "digi" camo. Looks realy good!

I really hope that isn't just a tweaked version of OA's L-39 model. That'd be... pathetic.

The pope says

But I don't know how to interpret that smile :butbut:

Probably see a lot more after the release of Carrier Command.

Didn't see a evil rabbit on A3 screens ... yet. Or did BIS made an super-hitech mode/camo for A3 rabbits? :icon_twisted:

I don't get why everyone is worried that its too "Futuristic"... its only 20 or so years ahead in time... Current day has already been covered in ArmA 2/OA and all the other games out there like MW2,BF3 etc so they are trying to be a little creative and also its not like there is flying spaceships and all that like Carrier Command Futuristic style etc.. so chill out.. =)

Between 1990 and 2010 look how much the battlefield has changed.. another 20 years you will be surprised BIS I'm sure has this one spot on.

Edited by MattXR

Sci-fi hate bandwagon you say? .... 1 ticket please $$$

Ok so W T F is this about? There already are some UGV and a bit of artistic freedom shouldn't be a problem, right? Most of the weaponry in Arma 3 already excists today in some form ... FPDR

From what I've heard, they had real Czech weapon designers help make the new "futuristic" weapons. Although, I'm not sure if it is true so don't hold it against me. If you're unhappy with the setting, then perhaps you shouldn't buy the game? Rather than complain about it, nothing is forcing you to buy ArmA III.

Dogs bark but the caravan goes on.

It's not completely sci-fi:

Originally Posted by Dwarden

75% of stuff we are introducing in game is already being used, introduced for field testing (aka more than just prototypes), 15% are prototypes and 5% is technically feasible ...

like 5% could be more in sci-fi part but that's just the strawberry on cake

Also everyone crying about the UGV STFU