Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Karel Mořický

@KarelMoricky Karel Mořický

Exclusive #Arma3 video now playing on #pressstart event. Looks cool on big screen.

For fuck's sake, seriously how hard could it be for someone to simply snap off some photos of this event. My camera would have been firing off quicker than a gatling gun.

For fuck's sake, seriously how hard could it be for someone to simply snap off some photos of this event. My camera would have been firing off quicker than a gatling gun.

Yeah I feel you.

Goddamit, I KNEW we wouldn't get to see this...why do even bother with these things? It's like, "Hey you guys here's this really awesome thing we're doing, but guess what, YOU CANT COME!!!!" Seriously for the THIRD time now too, it's almost insulting considering there is no other information for us to digest. For a whole 1/4 of a year now! (Yeah the one vid only showing that player "damage" during a hard bump of a crash REAALLY DOESNOT COUNT AS ANYTHING CLOSE TO SUBSTANTIAL. AT ALL. One cool screenie would've been equal, or greater to the entertainment/info value on that vid.)

Jesus Christ.

Goddamit, I KNEW we wouldn't get to see this...why do even bother with these things? It's like, "Hey you guys here's this really awesome thing we're doing, but guess what, YOU CANT COME!!!!" Seriously for the THIRD time now too, it's almost insulting considering there is no other information for us to digest. For a whole 1/4 of a year now! (Yeah the one vid only showing that player "damage" during a hard bump of a crash REAALLY DOESNOT COUNT AS ANYTHING CLOSE TO SUBSTANTIAL. AT ALL. One cool screenie would've been equal, or greater to the entertainment/info value on that vid.)

Jesus Christ.

How does it feel to be BIStrolled? :yay: :yay: :yay:

there must have been at least one major game portal present. plus other people attending. there should be at least something written about it. (later)

there must have been at least one major game portal present. plus other people attending. there should be at least something written about it. (later)

You have a point, there is probably going to be another person attending that will take pictures of everything.

Still i feel like i got trolled waiting for this news but all's that appears is some picture of VBS2 :(

LOL...i sort of agree, especially since no one asked for this to be streamed live, but rather recorded and uploaded later on. It can't be all that complicated to have a tripod and a camera setup for the duration of it..

Jesus Christ.

dude, maybe you should do something more productive with your time...I really don't get the "show me screenz/ show me vidz" mentality...it just didn't happen, get over it

I also believe we hardcore fans at this forum should at least be able to see some screens from the development progress. Most of us have been around since 2001 and I believe we are worth showing something new. It has being a real long time since the last time we saw a video or images from Arma 3.

also believe we hardcore fans at this forum should at least be able to see some screens from the development progress.

What makes you more worth than the rest and why do you think they owe us anything?

I bet if new A3 screenz and vidz out people are going to over-analyze these, starting new "This is important...its a must have!!" or "BIS look at this and do that!!!" threads, ridiculous polls etc... :D

What makes you more worth than the rest and why do you think they owe us anything?

Well for me personally i think that the dedicated members of ArmA have more convey then say some one who started using the BIS forums 3 months ago like you ago.

If thats what you mean by "Worth"

Because Arma is not just a commercial product which main and the only aim is to get as much people`s money as possible and forget about it. Through all this 10 years game was developing due to effoerts from both sides, both developers and community, it was a common work in making the game better and better, polishing and sometimes completly changing many aspects of the game.

For people, who are with Arma for all this years, Arma is not just a funny entertainment, its an important part of their life, they know everything about its engine, file and script systems, peolpe spend hundreds of hours, modifying current features and creating absolutly new ones. Its like favourite grandfather`s old car in a garage, with which we are playing and reconstructing all over again at our spare time, about which we talk with friends and quarelling with wives, which belonges to the whole community.

People have always supported BIS, whether it was succesful times for studio or not, they have created one of the tightest productive game-communities in the world and the only thig they want - just a bit of respect and if it is not so difficult for a whole company - to give a little more than zero infomation about the incoming project.

Just switching on a camera and uploading a video of the conferance in the internet would not take so much time, less than cleaning your teeth or refueling a car, but it would be really much more than just pleasant for everyone, who is so much waiting for Arma 3.

Is that too much difficult? No. Expensive? No. Do they have a spesific marketing plan, because of which they think its better not to give any information about the game so far? Maybe. But 4 months without any info is really too much.

It seems like they just dont care. And thats pretty sad.

nothing, everywhere, so from 10 minutes newish video, to tweets to crappy picture of vbs2 to nothing. Seriously, last time they showed us something it was september, not counting the christmas pic. Its interesting that they were showing something every other week and now nothing for 3+ months. Its probably heavily WIP, and they are waiting for some sort of high profile big uveil.

Well for me personally i think that the dedicated members of ArmA have more convey then say some one who started using the BIS forums 3 months ago like you ago.

If thats what you mean by "Worth"

That post deserves about three Jean-Lucs. Please do the rest of us a favour: lose the self-entitlement and learn some math.

Edited by MadDogX

There's been quite a few grossly overhyped games released over the past few years but my intuition tells me that ARMA 3 is really going to be something worth waiting for. I'm tipping that BIS are really determined to polish this game and draw in new fans, I can't freaking wait to see the new animations.

That post deserves about three Jean-Lucs. Please do the rest of us a favour: lose the self-entitlement and learn some math.

Well i don't convey much my self but what i said is how i feel about say some who started playing BIS games since OFP

I'm not saying im anything special since i didn't start looking at the forums till a year ago just clear things up....

...and if BIS decided to show us something right now it would take aprox a few weeks before we would have these "you kinda owe us" posts again.

Don´t know if feeling sad or about to get torch and pitchfork...

Don´t know if feeling sad or about to get torch and pitchfork...

Mixture of both?

LOL...i sort of agree, especially since no one asked for this to be streamed live, but rather recorded and uploaded later on. It can't be all that complicated to have a tripod and a camera setup for the duration of it..

dude, maybe you should do something more productive with your time...I really don't get the "show me screenz/ show me vidz" mentality...it just didn't happen, get over it

Realated to A3...what I could I do to be more productive....(It took no more than 3-5 minutes to write that post, then I wen't on to other things. Obviously time logged on does not correlate to time spent looking at these forums) it's basically the only entertainment product that I care about, so obviously im mad at the situation. Would it be better perhaps to say "No Bis I am purrfectly FINE with the way the pr guys have been paying attention to us, there is nothing you could reasonably be doing better at from that front" or rather "Im only a little ticked off" than what I actually feel at the situation, which is alot of anger, note that anger toward those responsible for the lack of news and updates does not transend into my daily life, it's not like I felt physcially sickened by rage and started huffing short breaths, I am not literally "out for blood" just really "disappointed" that word probably sounds lesss insane I'll grant you that, but disppointed doesn't take into account the simple feeling of having a great treat dangled in your face only to get slowly taken away. I don't like to emotionally censor my posts. I am able to feel and express my true emotions on a singular minimal event without being ruled by them in another area of my life. Perhaps If I felt it was approptiate to word my post more reasonably you wouldn't have had that impression.

then I wen't on to other things.

Hopefully to further education.